Thread: What to expect from Ehlers, JvR, Tuch, Hornqvist, Drouin

Dobber Sports Sophomore

Default What to expect from Ehlers, JvR, Tuch, Hornqvist, Drouin

Hi,

what do you think about these guys ? Is Ehlers more or less done as a keeper ? Would you keep him over someone like JvR or Tuch ? Vesalainen wants to have a roster spot in the near future, and it wouldn`t be a spot in the bottom 6 I think...

Same with Tuch. After Stone arrived, he lost nearly 2 minutes of icetime and his good linemates. Is he a third-liner now ?

Hornqvist was a top fantasy performer the last years, but now he also is a third-liner with top pp icetime. And he will be in his last year with the pens next season, maybe Guentzel will take over his spot on the pp.

How would you rank these guys ?

g,a,+/-, hits, sog, pim, ppp, blk, fow

Dobber Sports Titan

Default Re: What to expect from Ehlers, JvR, Tuch, Hornqvist, Drouin

For next year, Ehlers is at the bottom of my list. No peripherals, and I just don't trust his production.

The rest of the four guys I see as pretty interchangeable in value depending on what position you needed what stats are more important to you. I think I would personally go Tuch, Hornqvist, JVR, then Drouin.
    Associate Editor for DobberHockey (Wednesdays). Click that Ramblings button on the the menu bar!
    (No I don't have a hockey problem...)

Dobber Sports Jedi

Quote Originally Posted by swe27 View Post
    Hi,

what do you think about these guys ? Is Ehlers more or less done as a keeper ? Would you keep him over someone like JvR or Tuch ? Vesalainen wants to have a roster spot in the near future, and it wouldn`t be a spot in the bottom 6 I think...

Same with Tuch. After Stone arrived, he lost nearly 2 minutes of icetime and his good linemates. Is he a third-liner now ?

Hornqvist was a top fantasy performer the last years, but now he also is a third-liner with top pp icetime. And he will be in his last year with the pens next season, maybe Guentzel will take over his spot on the pp.

How would you rank these guys ?

g,a,+/-, hits, sog, pim, ppp, blk, fow
    I'd rank them like this

JVR
    Drouin
    Tuch
    Ehlers/Hornqvist - point production vs. mutli-cat production.

JVR gives you the best of everything from this list. he's a plug and play 60-65pt player with 30-35g per season (injury is why he's not there now)

Ehler's is not 'done' as a keeper. he's still young. He's having a down year. It's players like him, having seasons like this that I scream BUY BUY BUY!! He won't come this cheap again for a long long time.

Tuch is temporarily a 3rd liner. Even on the 2nd line, he doesn't shoot enough to bump JVR. The cream will rise to the top. Again, he's young. Only his 2nd NHL season. He's going to have to earn a top 6 spot. It could be a while. Reilly Smith seems the most likely to move from the top 6 in the near future. But, can Tuch get in there next year? or is it a 2 year wait?

Drouin is a top 6 catalyst on Montreal. But delivers little beyond G & A which lessens his value in this type of league.

JVR would be my keep from this list.

Ehlers should drop in the redraft due to this season - giving good value to whoever lands him.
    Follow me on twitter: @doylelb4

Dobber Sports Grand Master

I'd also lean JVR from this list. He does what you want, isn't old, and has a solid role moving forward. I really like Tuch, and think he's still got room to grow - but he's not as proven as JVR.

Drouin is locked into the top 6, but he's not a multicat guy, I'd put him a bit above Ehlers.

I'm took over a team in a multi-cat cap league, and Hornqvist is a guy I'm going to shop this offseason and hope I can get something useful in return. His shot rate is down, and while he's one of my top 12 forwards, his contact means he needs to stay on my active roster, and I have younger, cheaper players who I can shuttle up & down that are similarly productive, which means I get more total production.
    Want a Signature? Go to Settings, and you'll find Edit Signature down the list on the left.