Thread: Is Dubnyk a Sell-High?

Dobber Sports Stud

Default Is Dubnyk a Sell-High?

Is anyone thinking this is a sell-high window for Dubnyk?

I've read that his underlying numbers are pretty awful plus he's been seemingly regressing for the last two seasons.

His generally poor form combined with the Wild's lack of scoring make it difficult for him to accumulate wins. And in leagues that count saves, the Wild seem to generally do well in controlling opposition shots which means Dubnyk is letting in shots on low volume.

While he seems to be heating up, I'm looking ahead to the Wild's schedule for the rest of the season and it is not pretty. In games limit leagues like mine, I could see myself benching him for close to half of the remaining games.

Seems like this might be one of the last chances to accumulate any value for him. Personally I'm looking to trojan horse him on my league's #1 team as IMO it could get ugly for Dubnyk down the stretch.
    Y! 8-Team H2H
    G, A, PIM, PPP, SOG, FW, HIT, BLK
    W, SV, SV%

3C: A.Barkov, S.Bennett, V.Trocheck, W.Karlsson, J.Eriksson Ek, J.McCann, P.Danault, T.Johnson
    3LW: A.Ovechkin, A.Svechnikov, T.Toffoli, V.Arvidsson
    3RW: P.Kane, B.Wheeler, B.Rust
    5D: R.Josi, J.Chychrun, M.Weegar, T.Chabot, R.Dahlin, R.Ristolainen, C.Murphy
    2G: F.Andersen, J.Binnington, C.Peterson
    2IR+: N.Bäckström

Dobber Sports Icon

Default Re: Is Dubnyk a Sell-High?

I would be selling all the Wild you can before Paul Fenton completely destroys the team.

UPDATE: Might be too late already.

Dobber Sports Pro

Default Re: Is Dubnyk a Sell-High?

The sell high on Dubnyk was a couple of months ago when he had great numbers. Now you would no longer be selling high, but you might still save some value by selling now vs. where you might end up if you hold onto him.