Thread: Would I be overpaying?

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Default Would I be overpaying?

My team is a major contender in my ten team, keep 11 league (first in sig). I got Burns for prospects and picks and I want to make one last major move before the deadline to really lock in my team... So here is an offer I'm considering making:

Send:
    Monahan
    Benn
    T. Wilson
    M. Rielly
    A. Boqvist
    3rd round pick

Receive:
    Taylor Hall (with news that he is targeting a return this regular season)
    Elias Lindholm
    Colton Parayko
    1st round pick

Note that this allows me to bring Billy Carrier, who was by far the most reliable player on my team other than Kucherov prior to his injury, off IR without cutting anyone.

Would I be overpaying? Would swapping Parayko for Seth Jones make it better? Should I leave off Boqvist? I really think I'm one wing away from being the favorite to win it all, and not only could Lindholm be that guy but I could also get a locked in top 10 player who should regularly be in the mix for the points and goals trophies as well as MVP (injuries do scare me admittedly). The first round pick I added to mitigate the obvious hit my future would take otherwise...

Let me know what you think.
    ​10T H2H, keep 11
    G:3|A:2|PPP:1|H/Sh/Blk:0.5|FOW/L:+/-0.1
    W:5|L:-2|Sv:0.2(0.3 in 19-20 season)|GA:-1

Yahoo! position list
    2C|2R|2L|4D|1G|4BN|4NA
    2IR|2IR+

Benn, Monahan, Bergeron, Pettersson
    Marchesseault, Forsberg, Hertl
    Kucherov, Niederreiter, Voracek (IR+), K. Kapanen
    Carlson, Letang (IR+), Reilly, Burns
    Rinne, Dubnyk, Gibson(IR)

Farm: The Goalies Ilya: Sorokin and Samsanov, Adam Boqvist, Martin Necas

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Default Re: Would I be overpaying?

Worth noting, Halls owner is a tie breaker away from qualifying for the playoffs (50 points less than the team ahead in the standings)

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Oh and one last bit of info, I'm all but guaranteed a playoff spot but it would take a miracle and a half for me to scoot up to the first seed, so absorbing some lower output weeks or an extra loss while waiting for Hall to return is absolutely fine with me

Dobber Sports Sage

I think you're over paying and losing this deal.

Id suggest simplifying the deal and picking your target. If it's Hall then start there. If it's lindholm then go after him. If it's both then takeout porayko and the first pick as they are fluff and re structure your offer.

I would avoid trading Morgan Reilly for either of these players myself.

Id also suggest cleaning up your signature. For example it's confusing as it's not clear in your signature that forward positions matter (in your post you mention needing a winger) and I'd make the way your scoring system works more clear (avoid 'standard scoring' as there really is no such thing. If the cats are point based put how many points theyre each worth, if it's weekly head to head with daily starts then put that, if roto put that in there etc). It will get you better aswers.

If you're sending the offer (also not totally clear) then I'd start with something like Monahan for Hall straight up. Or maybe Benn for lindholm straight up if you want two top line Calgary players. Pick your main target, start simple, and go from there.
    Set roster weekly in H2H (Mon to Sun) - 16 Teams - start 6F, 3D, and 1G per week - Keep 2

Points: 2 G / 2 A / 1 PPG / 1 PPA / 1 Hat Trick / 1 SHG / 1 SHA / 1 GWG - 3 Goalie Win / 2 Goalie Loss in SO or OT / 5 goalie SO

Forwards:
    C. McDavid, N. Kucherov, R. O'Reilly, J. Schwartz, J. Toews, J. Huberdeau, T. Toffoli, M. Granlund

Defense:
    B. Burns, J. Klingberg, R. Josi, J. Slavin

Goalie:
    J. Binnington

IR (2 max):

Dobber Sports Prodigy

I was pretty clear that I'm considering offering the trade, otherwise thanks for the tips. I've already been through those motions mostly, this league has tons of hangups with trading... I make 1-1/2-1/1-1+picks until my fingers bleed but the only trade that's been successful was a 7 player/4 pick blockbuster for burns.

As far as Rielly goes... I've never personally believed in him and the second half of the season has really solidified to me that he was MASSIVELY over performing to start the year. He's a legit defenseman in fantasy, don't get me wrong, plus he's young, but I would consider it a loss if I didn't trade him before next season gets going and he has regressed to something more like a Dougie Hamilton or Keith Yandle (good, occasionally great, not elite). I could be wrong, and I'm not trading him unless it's for an elite player or two near elite players.

Why do you think I'm losing the deal though? If you don't mind elaborating... Multi player trades are all that really get considered in this league and, as far as I can tell, that was your only problem with it besides Rielly, or is it just Reilly and the number of pieces?

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Also, I'm heavily leaning towards trade offers where I send one more player than I receive. I don't want to cut anyone to take Carrier off IR.

Dobber Sports Sage

It's difficult to give a good answer without understanding your scoring system and you haven't addressed that. But essentially:

Monahan/benn/Wilson>> hall/lindholm
    Reilly >>> Porayko
    Boquist 3rd > 1st (this last one is assuming it's a mid range 1st, if he has first overall this changes the answer, again more info needed)
    Set roster weekly in H2H (Mon to Sun) - 16 Teams - start 6F, 3D, and 1G per week - Keep 2

Points: 2 G / 2 A / 1 PPG / 1 PPA / 1 Hat Trick / 1 SHG / 1 SHA / 1 GWG - 3 Goalie Win / 2 Goalie Loss in SO or OT / 5 goalie SO

Forwards:
    C. McDavid, N. Kucherov, R. O'Reilly, J. Schwartz, J. Toews, J. Huberdeau, T. Toffoli, M. Granlund

Defense:
    B. Burns, J. Klingberg, R. Josi, J. Slavin

Goalie:
    J. Binnington

IR (2 max):

Dobber Sports Prodigy

It will be the 4th pick if the standings don't change. Scoring is 3g|2a|1ppp|0.5hit|0.5shot|0.5block|+/-0.1faceoff. Roster is 2C|2R|2L|4D|1G|4bench|2IR|2IR+|4Farm. I've posted quite a few times this season and you are the first person to even mention the signature so I apologise that it wasn't very clear.

Rielly isn't three >'s better than Parayko, he's a solid two at most. They are separated by a whopping 3.5 fp in the last month... And for more context, with our settings defenders are not that important unless they are one of the rare elite. There are 8 Dmen in the top 50 overall (Half of them are on my roster hehe) and only two are in the top 20 and ONE in the top 10 (Letang [11] and Burns [5]. Both mine ).

In a vacuum, I'd trade Rielly for Lindholm in a heartbeat... Only reason I don't actually do it is I know I could get more.

Big Daddy

I’d pass on that.