Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 ... LastLast

Thread: Nikita Filatov

Dobber Sports Ninja

Default Nikita Filatov

I\'m not aware of any other players that have done that sort of thing but I suppose it is possible. I just would be so wary now of treating Filatov with kid gloves as the LAST thing CLB needs is a Radulov situation where the guys gets annoyed and decides to pout and go home.

Sure it\'s early in the season and his career and I don\'t see that happening any time soon but I can\'t help but have that niggling (is that even a word) concern about it.

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

Default Nikita Filatov

Let\'s not get ahead of ourselves here. He\'s played three games. Radulov was being held back for years and a lot of the time it was warranted as he wasn\'t the most responsible at playing the system. No need to scream \"the sky is falling!\" just yet.
    GO WINGS!

Dobber Sports Guru

Default Nikita Filatov

sentium wrote:
    Let\'s not get ahead of ourselves here. He\'s played three games. Radulov was being held back for years and a lot of the time it was warranted as he wasn\'t the most responsible at playing the system. No need to scream \"the sky is falling!\" just yet.
    exactly. i have no problem with the kid gloves for a year... its when it happens consistently for longer is when we should get worried.

not that i\'ve met or talked with either of those players, but it seems like filatov *so far* has his head screwed down a little tighter than Rads. but who knows.

Dobber Sports Ninja

Default Nikita Filatov

Like I said, it\'s just something that sits there in my head now. Who knows who talks to who in the hockey circles and all it takes is someone whispering a few words of a big contract etc and a guy will dash away.

Is it going to happen any time soon? No. From everything I have read Filatov has a real desire to play in the NHL, more then a lot of other Russian players in my mind.

But I can\'t help but think a bit about it now.

Dobber Sports Stud

Default Nikita Filatov

doulos wrote:
    I\'m not aware of any other players that have done that sort of thing but I suppose it is possible. I just would be so wary now of treating Filatov with kid gloves as the LAST thing CLB needs is a Radulov situation where the guys gets annoyed and decides to pout and go home.

Sure it\'s early in the season and his career and I don\'t see that happening any time soon but I can\'t help but have that niggling (is that even a word) concern about it.
    doulos, rest assured that will never be a concern with Filatov.

Don\'t make the mistake of stereotyping all Russian players into the same mold.
    15 GM Keeper League w/Roto Scoring (G, A, +/-, PIM, PPP, HITS | W, GAA, SV%, SHO)
    Start 4 C, 4 LW, 4 RW, 6 D, 2 G (23-man rosters) | Protect 10 players w/a max of 1 goalie

C - Crosby*, Malkin* (C/R), Tavares*, Giroux* (C/R)
    L - Duchene* (C/L),
    Marleau* (C/L), Galchenyuk (C/L), Ott (C/L), Lee (C/L)
    R - Kane* (C/R), St. Louis, Neil, Clutterbuck
    D - Yandle*, Carlson*, Gardiner, Gudas, Daley, Bieksa, Schenn
    G - Lundqvist*, Rinne, Kuemper

Dobber Sports Ninja

Default Nikita Filatov

Never hey? Strong words. Did anyone even suggest that this was coming with Radulov? Maybe, but I don\'t recall.

If I was a Canadian and I had an opportunity to play for more money, AT home, in a league that wasn\'t quite as good. Well it would be tempting wouldn\'t it?

All I am saying is that there is now a precendent set. What effect that will have I don\'t know. But I don\'t think it\'s too far out to at least suggest that it is a new element that should be factored in.

I\'m not avoiding going after Filatov in leagues though.

Dobber Sports Stud

Default Nikita Filatov

It will NEVER be an issue with Filatov.
    15 GM Keeper League w/Roto Scoring (G, A, +/-, PIM, PPP, HITS | W, GAA, SV%, SHO)
    Start 4 C, 4 LW, 4 RW, 6 D, 2 G (23-man rosters) | Protect 10 players w/a max of 1 goalie

L - Duchene* (C/L),

Dobber Sports Ninja

Default Nikita Filatov

Okay then.

And Gretzky will never be traded.

Dobber Sports Star

Default Nikita Filatov

I have no issues with kid gloves... however if the kid succeeds he should be justly rewarded just as I could understand a benching if he coughed the puck up that lead to a goal the other way. Playing a kid 6 or 7 minutes if he continues to score goals could cause for some concern... I mean, he\'s young and he may start to think about what else he has to do in order to prove to a coaching staff that he warrants more ice time. That kid of an attitude could sometimes have negative effects and impede his development.

I guess I just don\'t understand why he played less than 5 mins last game... is it because he got rocked at centre ice by Bieksa? It\'s hockey, it\'s a physical game, he\'s going to have to get used to it and you\'re not going to pull him off the ice every time a bigger opponent is on the ice that might hit him.

Good thing Scott Stevens isn\'t in the league anymore or else Filatov would be a healthy scratch vs. the Devils :P (good thing they\'re in different conferences haha)
    [color=#008000]24 Team / 3 Tier Roto League
    G|A|+/-|PIM|PPP|SOG|Hits|BS
    W|GAA|SV

Tier 1
    C: Tavares, Duchene, JStaal, Marner, Grigorenko, Dubois, Barzal
    LW: Landeskog, Teravainen, Pearson, Wilson, Pulkkinen, Bittner
    RW: PKane, Gaborik, Virtanen, Rantanen, Stewart, Sprong, Chiasson, Vey
    D: OEL, Barrie, Bogosian, Larsson, McNabb, Oduya, Bigras
    G: Bobrovsky, Korpisalo, Hutton, Hellberg

Dobber Sports Guru

Default Nikita Filatov

rticinelli: sentium has a good point. never say never.

maple: your concerns are valid. all i\'m saying is that filatov\'s performance has not been overwhelming. his one goal came from a lucky feed (modin driving to net, gets checked and puck slides almost right to NK). full marks for going to the right areas, and the shot was top-quality, but standing in front of the net and roofing pucks is only one small part of playing hockey. the rest of his play hasn\'t been superstar quality. i believe that hitch is doing the right thing here... easing him in, giving him small looks so that he learns the speed and realizes how much stronger he will need to be to get big minutes. i will be eternally thankful (OK, that\'s a bit much!) if NK makes it through these first few months without getting hurt.

if he was dominating, and then still only getting 5 minutes a night, then i would be pissed too.

Dobber Sports Stud

Default Nikita Filatov

UW, doulos does not have a point... Filatov is not a threat to return to Russia. It just sickens me whenever people who have no actual knowledge of him or his situation throw that out there simply because he is Russian.

If someday in the next decade the KHL actually overtakes the NHL as the top hockey league in the world, then the situation might change... but it would change for everyone in that case.

People need to stop wrecklessly throwing misinformation out there.

L - Duchene* (C/L),

Dobber Sports Initiate

Default Nikita Filatov

rticinelli, do you know Filatov personally?

12-team yahoo head-to-head with daily starts. 24-man rosters. Keep 8.
    4 C, 3 LW, 3 RW, 2 F, 6 D, 1 G, 5 BN, 3 IR+
    G, A, +/-, PIM, PPP, SHP, GWG, FW, HIT, BLK, W, GAA, SV%, SHO

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Default Nikita Filatov

rticinelli wrote:
    UW, doulos does not have a point... Filatov is not a threat to return to Russia. It just sickens me whenever people who have no actual knowledge of him or his situation throw that out there simply because he is Russian.

If someday in the next decade the KHL actually overtakes the NHL as the top hockey league in the world, then the situation might change... but it would change for everyone in that case.

People need to stop wrecklessly throwing misinformation out there.
    I am finally glad to see someone other than me...that feels that Filatov may return to Russia...if things don\'t work out within a couple of years...

I love when it sickens people that read this...and no...I haven\'t had a sleepover with him...it is my OPINION...and guess what...that\'s what these boards are for...discussing opinons and stating some facts...and no one...not even little Nikita...can state the facts of what happens two or three years from now...

These same people thought Rads was \"all that\"...and were glued to every word that came outa his mouth...and trust me...if you do the research...he said exactly the same things as little Nikita...

It\'s quite possibl;e that things will be different and I honestly hope he stays here and is a star...but when you draft early in Fantasy...and you don\'t want to take a chance...you take someone who is North American these days...just becuase it\'s happened recently...

Very similar to after 911...very few people jumped right on a plane and flew out on vacation...it took the airline industry years to recover...Mexico about went broke that winter...as they were giving away trips and people weren\'t going...same here...

For those that sleep with him here you go...think along the same lines as not drafting a D man right off the hop...because it takes time for them to develop...that\'s what I\'m doing with a guy like Filatov...if he proves himself...and is still here in 4-5 years...I may decide to trade for him if i still want him...

In fact...the only way I take him now...is if rticinelli is in my league and I can trade him knowing he\'ll overpay :P

Dobber Sports Stud

Default Nikita Filatov

Pavel Bure wrote:
    rticinelli, do you know Filatov personally?
    I wouldn\'t say I know him personally, but I have met and interviewed the kid.

Prairiefire, you\'re exactly right about Radulov. He said and did all the right things as well... even came over to North America early to play in the Q. But this is a different situation. He\'s a different person from Nikita.

Filatov has no interest in playing in Russia. If his nationality scares you off from acquiring him in a fantasy league, then you\'re a fool.

L - Duchene* (C/L),

Dobber Sports Stud

Default Nikita Filatov

Back to actual discussion of this kid, do you think he\'ll be sent down soon with Peca coming back? I read on the Dispatch blog that Picard may be sent down to free up space for Peca.

He\'ll likely get sent down once Modin returns, I suppose.

L - Duchene* (C/L),