Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Getz”laugh”

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Default Getz”laugh”

Getz is down right awful the past month or two. Is there any chance of a turnaround or is he getting into droppable territory? Getz wouldn’t even be the top waiver pick up in my league.

Dobber Sports Stud

Default Re: Getz”laugh”

Quote Originally Posted by McDeichel View Post
    Getz is down right awful the past month or two. Is there any chance of a turnaround or is he getting into droppable territory? Getz wouldn’t even be the top waiver pick up in my league.
    Depends on your settings... Points only I'd hold... Multi cat I'd have to strongly consider.

Having said that... Forget the last month or two... It's all about what he does tomorrow and he's still getting all the opportunities so only drop him for another guy who is getting all the opportunities and not just some guy on an unsustainable hot steak. The points up until this point don't matter, what's done is done.

The Great One

We don't know the size of your league, number of keepers. So I can say with confidence that the answer to your questions is "it depends."

Dobber Sports Immortal

Quote Originally Posted by als_revenge View Post
    We don't know the size of your league, number of keepers. So I can say with confidence that the answer to your questions is "it depends."
    Haha Yep.

Im in the same boat but I don't think I can just flat out drop him.

Dobber Sports Icon

Ana as a whole have been bad lately...Getz isnt a young guy..hes lookin like droppable material
    ESPN Roto 10 team
    24 man roster (+3 IR) - Keep 20 - Daily settings
    Start 3C, 3LW, 3RW, 5D, 2G, 1UTIL
    G,A,PTS, +/-, PIM, PPA, PPG, D PTS - W, SV, SV%

C- Zegras, Suzuki, Carlsson
    RW- Batherson, Michkov, Quinn, Perfetti(C,LW), Foerster, Kakko
    LW- BTkachuk, Stutzle(C), Byfield(C), McTavish(C), Benson
    D- Mintyukov, Sanderson, LHughes, Clarke, Faber
    G- Wolf, Askarov, Wallstedt
    IR- Norris(C)
    IR- Fantilli(C)
    IR-

Picks in 2024/25 rounds 1,1,1,2
    Picks in 2025/26 rounds 1,1,3,4

Dobber Sports Jedi

we def. need to know size of league, cats used, # of keepers. also top options to replace Getz with to evaluate
    Follow me on twitter: @doylelb4

Dobber Sports Icon

Quote Originally Posted by finnys_fanatsy View Post
    Ana as a whole have been bad lately...Getz isnt a young guy..hes lookin like droppable material
    Quote Originally Posted by lucafen4 View Post
    we def. need to know size of league, cats used, # of keepers. also top options to replace Getz with to evaluate
    ..yes certainly. I should have expanded..i was more or less talking about my situation. To know the specifics of the OPs league is required to make a knowledge response.
    ESPN Roto 10 team

IR- Norris(C)
    IR- Fantilli(C)
    IR-

Dobber Sports Immortal

At least he threw some hits last night.

Dobber Sports Prodigy

I wouldn't drop him just yet but he is definitely trending in the wrong direction. I know for me, he's played himself out of a "keeper" position. My pool counts peripherals so he still has that value but Anaheim as a whole is a train wreck.
    10-team Keeper. Everyone keeps 13 players and 1 Goalie , +4 Young Keepers (players with less than 165 NHL games played -last season). Points for G (2), A (2), Hit (.2) SHP(1), Blocks (.2), W(4), SO(8) Must dress 4C, 4LW, 4RW, 6D, 2G

C - E.Malkin, R.Getzlaf, J.Pageau, J.Toews, P.Danault, J.Marchessault

LW - B.Marchand, C.Keller, J.Guentzel, K.Connor,N.Gusev, J.Zucker, T.Toffoli, D.Kubalik

RW - A.DeBrincat,, V.Tarasenko, M.Hoffman, V.Olofsson, K.Yamamoto, R.Strome

D - T.DeAngello, T.Krug, Q.Hughes,E.Gustafsson, M.Borowiecki, J.Muzzin, S.Theodore, J.Klingberg, O.Klefbom

G - S.Bobrovski, F.Andersen, B.Bishop, I.Shesterkin

Dobber Sports Initiate

Definitely not droppable imo in most settings - however, tough to stomach this 2nd half as he started out the year just fine... you’ll be hard pressed to find a player with his ice time and opportunity on the wire though... he should come out of it at some point - he has to. It’s not like Father Time just busted out a magic wand in December and said: “you are now old and will no longer produce points in the NHL.” Unless there’s some secret injury we don’t know about he’s still the same guy who started the year at close to a ppg pace... meaning some positive regression is coming soon I think - with an off night schedule, could be a great final 15-20 games once he wakes up.

That being said, he’s hit the redraft point in most limited keepers imo as well and I will not be keeping him this season. Between injuries and getting old it’s time to move on - it’s been a great run!

The Magnificent One

And Getz with a goal tonight
    18 team H2H Keeper League
    G/A/PPP/SHP/GWG/SOG/FOW/Hits&blks/W/GAA/SV/SV%
    play 4c/8w/6d/1G (2min start)/6 bench/
    C: Hughes, Zacha, Howden, compher, Tierney, Frederic
    W: Gaudreau, Schwartz, M.Tkachuk, Fabbri, Bratt, Yamamoto, Wahlstrom, Okposo, Heinen, M.Folingo, Hinostroza, Mcginn
    D: Hughes, Ceci, Pelech, oleksiak, Holden, Poolman
    G: Markstrom, Oettinger,
    P:Rossi,Bowers,Heponiemi,Kupari,Wise,Dorofeyev,Fir stov,Clarke,Fortin,holloway,Nygard,Aberg,Rasmussen ,Elynuik,M.Jones,Chlapik,Platzer,Bracco,Kuokkanen, Lind,Liljegren,J.Roy,Montembeault,Raaymakers,Woll, prosvetov,Larmi

Dobber Sports Initiate

This thread inspired me to watch part of the Ducks game last night - Anaheim looked very slow - especially Corey Perry - they need to get some speed onto their top line b/c they looked to be playing in slow-mo while Montreal skated circles around them.

I anticipate further bad things to come for a bit longer until their lineups gets properly aligned - they looked very bad out there.

Dobber Sports Icon

Last 15 games Getz is a -15 and 7 points..9 pims. In a league that doesn't count hits I'm seriously considering dropping the vet.
    ESPN Roto 10 team

IR- Norris(C)
    IR- Fantilli(C)
    IR-

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Is Dobber still standing by his prediction of Getz hitting 71 points? Or Pettersson finishing the season with 51 points?

Not sure I’ll buy the guide next season.

Dobber Sports Padawan

Quote Originally Posted by McDeichel View Post
    Is Dobber still standing by his prediction of Getz hitting 71 points? Or Pettersson finishing the season with 51 points?

Not sure I’ll buy the guide next season.
    what on earth

No, he probably doesn't. Some surprises come every year and this is not a precise science. For the record, a 51-point rookie season would be a great outcome for a high-end prospect on a bad team. 54 in 49 games is unheard of.

W/r/t Getzlaf, a few years back people were convinced he was done, and it wasn't the first time. I got him in like the 3rd round in 2012 because everyone assumed he was "done" after a 57 point season. He wasn't, and he continued to flirt with a point a game multiple times since then. A couple of years ago I looked for advice here in the forums about keeping him. Everyone told me he was done, again, after a 60 point season. he wasn't, and proceeded to to put up a point per game and better for the next 2 years (with time missed for injuries, granted). At some point the smart money has to be on not doubting Getzlaf and I can't fault anyone for predicting at the start of the season that he might have another good season in him. Maybe he still does, even if the wheels sorta fell off the Ducks this year. He's never been a guy whose game was built around speed, and guys like that tend to age well. I don't think a 71 point prediction was out of line. for a guy that in the previous 2 years was producing at a rate that suggested it was possible.

I mean honestly, who foresaw Pettersson stepping in and posting over a point per game as a 165 lb 19 year old rookie? No one. Who saw Kucherov hitting 100 points in February? No one. If you think they have some kind of crystal ball you are sadly mistaken; no one does. Dobber and the writers here are much better than most and I don't think a comparable resource exists. I'm not telling you to buy it or not buy it but you're not going to find anything better out there. I don't think a bad year from Getzlaf and an incredible year from Pettersson should be the breaking point either way though.
    10-team H2H points keeper league, keep 4
    G: 2, A: 2, SOG: 0.15, Hit: 0.15, Block: 0.15, W: 3.5, Sv: 0.025, SO: 6
    7 F, 3 D, 1 G

2022-2023 Roster:
    F: Connor McDavid, Steven Stamkos, Artemi Panarin, Jack Hughes, Mark Stone, Josh Norris, Tyler Bertuzzi, PL Dubois, Sam Bennett, Tom Wilson (IR)
    D: Kris Letang, Drew Doughty, Brent Burns, Shayne Gostisbehere
    G: Ilya Sorokin, Thatcher Demko