Page 61 of 76 FirstFirst ... 11 51 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 71 ... LastLast

Thread: 2019 DobberBaseball League

Big Daddy

Default Re: 2019 DobberBaseball League

Quote Originally Posted by hockeyrobot View Post
    Loving these reviews. Your Champion will do his today
    I don’t think I’ll have time. Sorry to disappoint.

Dobber Sports Supreme Grand Master

Quote Originally Posted by DusterDave View Post
    I don’t think I’ll have time. Sorry to disappoint.
    Are you setting up a beat the streak Dobber edition?

Dobber Sports Immortal

Seems like ages ago that this started.

1.3 - Mookie Betts. Pleasantly surprised he was available at 3. The #1 player two of the last three years I believe. If Ramirez fell to me, I was considering Scherzer at this spot. Likely would have had an entirely different team.

2.22 - Justin Verlander. Could bite me since I took him before Kluber, Cole and Nola. But he's been incredibly healthy and is on a stacked team. Needed a SP here because I knew the two guys after me would take one.

3.27 - Giancarlo Stanton. ugh. Didn't love going with another OF but to get a hitter with #1 potential in round 3 isn't something I could pass up. Especially with us having OPS.

4.46 - Joey Votto. Was praying he would fall to me. 1B is arguably the shallowest position outside of Catcher. It was either Votto or Correa at this point and horrorfan nabbed Correa. I read a story that last year he deliberately changed something in his swing in the first half because he was "trying something new". He was back to normal in the second half and the Reds should be much better

5.51- Gary Sanchez. I wanted a Catcher at one of these two spots. I hate scrounging for one all season. Last year I had JTR in two leagues and frigging Gattis in this one. It was awful. I do realize that Sanchez will likely be hurt and I'll have to find one anyway, but I think he is head and shoulders above the #3.

6.70 - Jose Berrios. I got hit by a SP run. I was targeting a bunch that went right before me. I still love Berrios' upside in his 3rd year.

7.75 - Scooter Gennett. No one trusted him to reproduce last year. Hoping for the same this year on a much better team.

8.94 - Craig Kimbrel. Figure he has elite stuff wherever he lands. Like him as the #2 RP with #1 upside.

9.99 - Jurickson Profar. Ahhhhhh the reach. Didn't want to go with a 3rd OF and Since I didn't have a SS or 3B I figured he put me in shape to be flexible later on.

10.118 - Luis Castillo. Hopefully stud in the making.

11.123 - Eloy Jimenez. Hopefully another stud in the making. Round 11 is around where I got Acuna last year.

12.142 - Nick Pivetta. Popular breakout pick. Hope the experts are right and hope he can pile up some wins on a stacked offense.

13.147 - Rafael Devers. Finally took my 3B. Or at least I hope he is. It took Mookie and Xander a couple years to breakout so hoping it's the same with Devers

14.166 - Miguel Cabrera. Don't love this pick, but couldn't let him fall any further. I'm sure he will be hurt by May but until then he is a great Util option.

15.171 - Gregory Polanco. Supposedly way ahead of schedule and could be ready for mid April. If he is my 4th OF then I love my OF.....even though it's the deepest position.

16.190 - Elvis Andrus. Just kept missing on SP around this time and figured Andrus can help in the steals. He also cements my status as an absolutely stacked team if it were 2014.

17.195 - Cody Allen. Angels should be competitive and I think he actually stays for the majority of the year. Something that they have lacked.

18.214 - Ross Stripling. 2018 All Star. Dodgers will play their games with how they roll out SPs and I'm confident Stripling won't be left by the wayside. Ryu, Maeda, Hill and Kershaw are all injury prone.

19.219 - Didi Gregorious. This one's a stash at one of my weaker positions. If Andrus or Profar don't pan out, hopefully Didi can come into a stacked lineup and produce down the stretch.

20.238 - Luke Weaver. Feel like he's a bit forgotten about but was a big piece of the Goldschmidt deal and is moving to a better pitcher's park (with the humidore).

21. 242 - Amed Rosario. Hoping his August and September wasn't a fluke and injuries can mvoe him up the Mets' lineup. Former #1 prospect so I mean the talent is there.

22.262 - Billy Hamilton. I really hate Pitchers I guess. He had been going in the top 10 rounds for the past few years. Not realy much has changed except now the Royals might be in run heavy mode.

23.267 - Joe Kelly. Signed big deal to be the setup man. If Kenley goes down maybe he takes over.

24.286 - Peter Alonso. If he makes it....look out.

25.291 - Brad Peacock. Ah the beauty of a 2.5 week draft. Now sounds like he's a favorite for a rotation spot.

Big Daddy

Quote Originally Posted by PenguinHunter View Post
    Are you setting up a beat the streak Dobber edition?
    Most likely. Haven’t had a chance yet.

Dobber Sports Immortal

I had my first money league draft of the year tonight. Man did you guys ever prepare me. It's a 12 team league and I think my team is 10 times better in that league haha.

Big Daddy

How was a player added and listed as an FA pickup while I still have pending waivers claims?

Dobber Sports Titan

How was a player added and listed as an FA pickup while I still have pending waivers claims?
    How do you still have waiver claims active? The FA period is open...
    Associate Editor for DobberHockey (Wednesdays). Click that Ramblings button on the the menu bar!
    (No I don't have a hockey problem...)

The Wolverine

Strange. Also what's odd (and related) is that most players have cleared waivers but some haven't?

I think it might be that those who have pending claims against, still haven't been processed. Those players not claimed have already been moved to FA. It's a bit out of sync and I think I've seen this happen occasionally.

Big Daddy

I tried canceling my claim and adding that same player but no dice. Good ol’ Yahoo.

Dobber Sports Titan

I tried canceling my claim and adding that same player but no dice. Good ol’ Yahoo.
    Might mean someone else has a claim on him currently.
    Associate Editor for DobberHockey (Wednesdays). Click that Ramblings button on the the menu bar!

Big Daddy

Quote Originally Posted by Eskimo Brother View Post
    Might mean someone else has a claim on him currently.
    Well I canceled my claim. We’ll see what happens. Why burn my waiver priority if I can snag him for free?

The Wolverine

Sure it's out of sync but I don't think it changes anything. Those on FA now didn't have any claims against them so they are rightfully free to pick up. Those claimed will go through eventually to whoever has the higher priority. Not sure if cancelling a claim now makes a difference if it's in process (don't know how that works when there are delays), and the risk is someone else has put in a claim against them (as EB said).

Dobber Sports Titan

Yahoo Hockey isn't counting stats from yesterday, so Yahoo is being screwy I think.

Prolly updating football, baseball overloading, and hockey playoffs caused some hiccups. Also there's basketball, gold, nascar (i think) going on right now so they are busy there.
    12 Team, H2H, Keep 6 (in Bold)
    G, A, Pts, PPP, FW, SOG, Hits, Blocks
    W, Saves, S%, GAA, Game Started
    2C, 2LW, 2RW, 4D, 1Util, 2G, 5BN, 2IR, 1IR+, 1NA

C: Horvat, Trocheck
    LW: J. Robertson, Byfield (C), Guenther
    RW: Pavelski (C), Giroux (C), Svechnikov (LW)
    D: Fox, Makar, Bouchard, Morrissey, Gudas
    Util: Meier (LW, RW)
    G: Oettinger, Georgiev, Samsonov, Woll

Dobber Sports Titan

The counting stats don't seem to be working for hockey on mobile, but they show up on my desktop screen.

Dobber Sports Titan

Quote Originally Posted by Eskimo Brother View Post
    The counting stats don't seem to be working for hockey on mobile, but they show up on my desktop screen.
    Not on the weekly totals though.
    12 Team, H2H, Keep 6 (in Bold)
    G, A, Pts, PPP, FW, SOG, Hits, Blocks
    W, Saves, S%, GAA, Game Started
    2C, 2LW, 2RW, 4D, 1Util, 2G, 5BN, 2IR, 1IR+, 1NA

C: Horvat, Trocheck
    LW: J. Robertson, Byfield (C), Guenther
    RW: Pavelski (C), Giroux (C), Svechnikov (LW)
    D: Fox, Makar, Bouchard, Morrissey, Gudas
    Util: Meier (LW, RW)
    G: Oettinger, Georgiev, Samsonov, Woll