Page 17 of 76 FirstFirst ... 7 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 27 67 ... LastLast

Thread: 2019 DobberBaseball League

Dobber Sports Titan

Default Re: 2019 DobberBaseball League

I prefer using the desktop site on mobile. It just reads better. And JX3H if you want to put your pick in Sunday night that's cool too. Not much stopping you at this point. I can then make my pick at 6:30am Monday when I wake up, and then we are underway in good time for the day. If not, I'll be around in and out through the day.
    Associate Editor for DobberHockey (Wednesdays). Click that Ramblings button on the the menu bar!
    (No I don't have a hockey problem...)

Dobber Sports Immortal

What is the cut off time we are using at night? Has that been stated yet?

Big Daddy

I’d imagine same as always. No cut off time or no clock on picks unless it’s starts to drag on a bit.

The Wolverine

Quote Originally Posted by hockeyrobot View Post
    What is the cut off time we are using at night? Has that been stated yet?
    My bedtime.

Kidding of course, but just want to remind everyone (and let the new managers know) that I'm 5 hours ahead of Eastern time. But I'm usually available first thing the following morning so by the time you're all awake I should have made my pick.

I don't think we need a cut off time. I think we all need to make sure we private message whoever is next to keep it moving. Or if there are any impending delays due to life circumstances, just to let everyone know.

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Mobile is more suitable for these aging eyes 😏

I will pick whenever I get the go-ahead. Otherwise I'd expect to have it in by 6:00 AM CST

Big Daddy

One other thing for new comers. We generally have on going draft discussions in this thread while the draft is happening but one rule we have is undrafted players should not be mentioned. We don’t want to steer someone’s selection decision based on chatter within this thread.

Big Daddy

Quote Originally Posted by JX3H View Post
    Mobile is more suitable for these aging eyes 😏

I will pick whenever I get the go-ahead. Otherwise I'd expect to have it in by 6:00 AM CST
    Good to know you are in the Central time zone. If you make your selection Sunday night then we will have a few hours head start since EB said he can select by 6:30am ET on Monday. Your choice though, no pressure.

Dobber Sports Immortal

Weird....for some reason I was thinking teams would have a certain time limit on picks during the day and that time limit would stop at say 10pm. Must be thinking of a different league.

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Quote Originally Posted by DusterDave View Post
    Good to know you are in the Central time zone. If you make your selection Sunday night then we will have a few hours head start since EB said he can select by 6:30am ET on Monday. Your choice though, no pressure.
    I can do that and without speaking for others...I don't name tip. We had used couch managers many moons ago for slow drafting which seemed to work good as well.

Big Daddy

Quote Originally Posted by hockeyrobot View Post
    Weird....for some reason I was thinking teams would have a certain time limit on picks during the day and that time limit would stop at say 10pm. Must be thinking of a different league.
    I don’t believe we ever had to implement a clock in the two previous drafts for this league.

Dobber Sports Titan

I think we're starting early enough that we should be okay. We'll take it as it comes depending on what happens, and we can roll with it.
    Associate Editor for DobberHockey (Wednesdays). Click that Ramblings button on the the menu bar!
    (No I don't have a hockey problem...)

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Are players added to rosters during the draft or when the draft is finished?

Big Daddy

Quote Originally Posted by JX3H View Post
    Are players added to rosters during the draft or when the draft is finished?
    The three co-commissioners add players as they are selected when they have a chance. They’ve been great keeping it up to date the previous two drafts. There maybe be times where they fall behind a couple picks but they’ve never gone more than a few picks without updating the rosters.

Dobber Sports Prodigy

The three co-commissioners add players as they are selected when they have a chance. They’ve been great keeping it up to date the previous two drafts. There maybe be times where they fall behind a couple picks but they’ve never gone more than a few picks without updating the rosters.
    Alright thanks

Dobber Sports Immortal

Yes we try however keeping a list of your own is always the best route. If you come on just to make a pick and then we realize that player has been picked it can result in really long delays.