Thread: Points only - ROS: Gost vs Klef

Dobber Sports Pro

Default Points only - ROS: Gost vs Klef

I own Gostisbehere and Klefbom is on the wire. I am holding for now as the Oilers don't play until Saturday. Gost had a couple of games in hand, but since he got injured (and, this season, why wouldn't he...?) I am revisiting the decision. Who do you like and why?

Dobber Sports Pro

Default Re: Points only - ROS: Gost vs Klef

This is tough because both of them should have better totals but they don't. Is this points-only or roto? Klefbom shoots a lot more and his +/- is better so I guess it gives him an edge in roto. Points-only, I'd be leaning towards Ghost only because we know he can go on a tear because he's done it before while we're still waiting for Klefbom to do it.

Dobber Sports Jedi

I'll take Gost's down year over Kelf's normal year... every year. Easily Gost for me. All he needs is 10 hot games to leave klef in his dust for the whole season
    Follow me on twitter: @doylelb4

Dobber Sports Padawan

I'm almost tempted to say Klef just for the rest of this season, assuming he gets the PP1 spot back when he returns and stays healthy the rest of the way. Never though I'd be considering that at all lol

I like Ghost long term hands down but he's got an uphill battle to turn this season around. Even before he got injured he lost his PP1 spot to a 5th forward and was playing like 15 minutes a night which is awful for a defenseman. He's obviously capable of much more but this whole season feels like a writeoff and Philly as a whole has been hot garbage. I want to be more optimistic about him (I own both Ghost and Klef and currently still plan on keeping Ghost) but I've been hoping all year he would pick it up and it never seems to happen. With only 30-ish games left he'd have to go on one hell of a run to restore some confidence in his owners.
    10 Team Fantrax Weekly H2H
    19-Man Roster, 8 Keepers, 12 Minors (<150 NHL Games Kept Free)
    Pos: 3xC / 3xLW / 3xRW / 3xD / 3xG / 1xUtil / 3xBench / 5xIR
    Scoring: (G=1) (A=1) (W=2) (SO=1) (SV=0.05)

2020-21 League Champion 🏆

Re-tooling Season. Keepers moving forward:

C: N.MacKinnon, E.Pettersson, T.Zegras
    LW: A.DeBrincat, A.Svechnikov
    RW: W.Nylander
    D: C.Makar, R.Dahlin

Notable Minors Eligible/Prospects: C.Sillinger, S.Pinto, P.Krebs, F.Lysell, M.Coronato, S.Perunovich, F.Nazar, S.Durzi, S.Skinner

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Klefbom after Hitchcock came in was a different prospect. I had him for a while but traded recently. Prior to injury I was enjoying the uptick with good shot totals, blocks and exposure to McDavid
    --------------------------------------------
    10 team ESPN H-2-H each cat, Keep 3 league, 7 P/U p/wk
    20 man roster, 15 start, 5 bench, 1 IR
    Position min - 2xF, 2xC, 2xRW, 2xLW, 4xD, 1xUtil, 2xG, 5xBench

G, A, PIM, PPP, SHP, SOG, Hits, Blocks, D-Point, W, SVs, SO, SV%

2015 - Third
    2016 - Winner
    2017 - Third
    2018 - Runner Up
    2019 - Winner
    2021 - Winner
    2022 - Runner Up