Thread: Team advice - I'll Rep

Dobber Sports Pro

Default Team advice - I'll Rep

Good day,

I'm currently sitting in the Bottom 5, after finishing in 4th last year.

I had guys like Benn, Wheeler, and Kopitar going into this year, and as of Dec 1, I started re-tooling as my team was in the bottom half.

I'm now set up well for the next 2 drafts with extra picks.

2018: 1, 2, 3, 3, 4, 4, 5, 5, 6
    2019: 1, 2, 3, 4, 4, 5, 5, 6,7

My planned keepers will be Draisaitl (4), Barkov (3), Keller (2) and Boeser (2).

Given my format, any advice in terms of my keeper group, like stand pat and hope for a good draft and go for it next year, or would you re-tool any further? I've also moved out guys like Lee and Pavelski, Rittich and Bob, OEL (none were going to be keepers).

We're a keep 4 league, and you can carry over a rookie.

I don't have dual threats in terms of big goal scorers (Boeser best pure goal scorer). Barky and Drais are both capable of 25-30 goals, and I'd say Keller should fall into that range too at some point. Drais is on a higher pace this year, but his shooting % is pretty high.

I think all 4 guys have 80+ pt upside, which is nice but my league is goal weighted.

I just acquired Drais and Keller this year, and Barky I just signed to 4 before this season, and Boeser was my rookie carry-over, so max I can sign him to is 2 years (can also sign a reg keeper to 2, even if slot is occupied by your rookie keeper). So basically I've worked hard to get the group together that I have now, and just want to get people's thoughts on it? I realize I don't have a MacKinnon, Kucherov, Rantanen, someone like that, but I think it's a pretty high end group still. I think I may need to get creative and try to find that true Top 5-10 guy, but no rush either as I'll likely have a high pick in the draft. I'm in a good position to compete better next year (with hopefully a good draft), and the 2020 extra picks are nice in case I am in the race next year and want to try the rental market. If not, the extra picks are always nice to have for the draft like 2019.
    Keeper League
    No Salary Cap
    Skt points: A (2), GWG (1), G (3), ShG (1), Hat Trick (1), Overtime Goal (1), +/- (0.5), PPA (0.5), PPG (1), SHA (1), SHG (2)
    Goalie points: A (2), G (10), SHO (4), W (5), OL + ShL (2)
    Keepers: Kaprisov (4 yr), Svechnikov (3 yr), Point (2 yr), P Kane (1 yr)
    C/LW/RW
    Daily
    Starters: C - Horvat, Point, LW - Dubois, Kaprisov, RW - Kane, Svechnikov, D - Montour, Doughty, Skt - Hyman
    Bench: Trocheck, Rakell, Wedgewood, Francouz
    Rookie: Kochetkov
    IR:

Max GP: C (164), LW (164), RW (164), D (164), Skt (82), Goalie (82)
    1 rookie & 3 IR spots
    14 teams (4 keepers/team + can carry 1 rookie over)
    Fantrax

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Default Re: Team advice - I'll Rep

Are there enough teams in the league that Bobrovsky doesn't warrant keeper consideration. Meier might be really good next year too.
    10 Owner Keepers. Keep 8

Positions----C:3 LW:3 RW:3 D:6 G:2
    Skaters: Assists/Blocks/FOW/Goals/Hits/SOG/STP
    Defense premium 1.5/1 Goalies: GA/SV/W

Kootenay League

C: Draisaitl(c,l), Zibanejad, Beniers, Nelson
    RW:Meier(l,r), Kyrou, Tippett, D.Stome(c,r), Stone
    LW: Tkachuk(l,r), Panarin, McCann(c,l), Marchessault(l,r),
    D: Josi, McAvoy, Morrissey, Montour, Toews, Hronek, Severson, Orlov
    G: Gustavsson, Kuemper, Gibson

Dobber Sports Pro

Quote Originally Posted by renello View Post
    Are there enough teams in the league that Bobrovsky doesn't warrant keeper consideration. Meier might be really good next year too.
    Oh my bad, I had updated my signature but I guess it didn't save.

I'll fix that, then maybe have a look again? I don't have Bob or Meier anymore.
    Keeper League
    No Salary Cap
    Skt points: A (2), GWG (1), G (3), ShG (1), Hat Trick (1), Overtime Goal (1), +/- (0.5), PPA (0.5), PPG (1), SHA (1), SHG (2)
    C/LW/RW
    Daily
    Starters: C - Horvat, Point, LW - Dubois, Kaprisov, RW - Kane, Svechnikov, D - Montour, Doughty, Skt - Hyman
    IR:

1 rookie & 3 IR spots
    Fantrax

Dobber Sports Pro

Quote Originally Posted by LeafsFan1967 View Post
    Oh my bad, I had updated my signature but I guess it didn't save.

I'll fix that, then maybe have a look again? I don't have Bob or Meier anymore.
    And goalies are rarely kept in my league, aside from the odd rookie carry-over (i.e.: when Matt Murray first came in), or Holtby when he was dominant.

Same with D, outside of Karlsson, Burns, Hedman to name a few.

It's a 14 team league, and as good as Meier has been this year I got a good pick for him so was worth it, since still wasn't going to keep him over Keller, and I would have been selling low on Keller, plus I just got Keller this year like I said earlier.
    Keeper League
    No Salary Cap
    C/LW/RW
    Daily
    IR:

1 rookie & 3 IR spots
    Fantrax

Dobber Sports Pro

Quote Originally Posted by LeafsFan1967 View Post
    And goalies are rarely kept in my league, aside from the odd rookie carry-over (i.e.: when Matt Murray first came in), or Holtby when he was dominant.

Same with D, outside of Karlsson, Burns, Hedman to name a few.

It's a 14 team league, and as good as Meier has been this year I got a good pick for him so was worth it, since still wasn't going to keep him over Keller, and I would have been selling low on Keller, plus I just got Keller this year like I said earlier.
    And my team seemed sluggish this year vs last, so instead of waiting it out and potentially getting up to say the last money spot (4th), just figured build for next year and beyond. My team was more consistent last year, and I was glad I got to the last money spot at least, but there are a lot more teams I would have had to leap over this year to get there, and if I didn't get to money I'd just be in the middle ground and get a mediocre pick in all likelihood.
    Keeper League
    No Salary Cap
    C/LW/RW
    Daily
    IR:

1 rookie & 3 IR spots
    Fantrax