Thread: 16 team banger - moving Keller+Nylander+picks for Landy?

Dobber Sports Recruit

Default 16 team banger - moving Keller+Nylander+picks for Landy?

I'm in 5th place (3rd overall, but we have 2 garbage divisions) in our 16 team banger league. I have a big hole at LW and a few young keepers who are somewhat useless in a banger league. (Even when Keller and Nylander put up big points, they almost never get PIM/HIT/BLK.) After a few counter offers, I'm considering accepting:

I send: Keller, Nylander, Demko, 1st round, 4th round
    I receive: Landeskog, Hutton, 10th round, 12th round

Something's telling me that I'd be giving up too much for that, but I do want to accept it because I'd like to move Keller/Nylander and I think I can win it this year. I'm looking for a sanity check about whether I'd be crazy to click Accept.

The one thing that bothers me most is that I still won't have a shutdown goalie: if I accepted I'd have Hutton, Varly, and Lehner (probably dropping Greiss). The keepers are loaded into rounds 13-18 before the draft begins. This past year I had pick 8, and between keepers and draft picks, 19 goalies were off the board before I picked. It'd be even worse next year if I had a worse 1st round pick.

My keepers for next year would be Crosby, Point, Kessel, Radulov, Landeskog, and one of Dumba/Gostisbehere/Petry/Hutton/Varly/Lehner.

What do you guys think? Neutral, good trade for me, or a bad trade for me?

The Great One

Default Re: 16 team banger - moving Keller+Nylander+picks for Landy?

From my perspective, it's really next to impossible to say because I have no idea exactly how points are awarded in your league. I have no idea if this is H2H (if so, what are the full list of categories), or if points are awarded based on certain cats. Need better details on your set up (and existing team).

Dobber Sports Recruit

Quote Originally Posted by als_revenge View Post
    From my perspective, it's really next to impossible to say because I have no idea exactly how points are awarded in your league. I have no idea if this is H2H (if so, what are the full list of categories), or if points are awarded based on certain cats. Need better details on your set up (and existing team).
    Guh, I'm sorry. Should have included that. It's H2H, 8 skater cats (G A +/- PIM PPP SOG HIT BLK) 4 goalie cats (W, GAA, SV, SV%). 2C, 2LW, 2RW, 4D, 1 Util, 2 G, 18 man roster. Commish loads up rounds 13-18 with our 6 keepers (max 1 goalie), then we draft 1-12.

I'm currently cruising along with Point, Crosby, Kessel, Radulov, and Petry as my star performers, with solid-enough-for-a-16-team-league contributions from Tuch, DeBrincat, Rakell, Trouba, Gostisbehere, and Ian Cole. Nylander, Kessel, and Ekman-Larsson are my underperformers I'd like to move. Clearing Nylander/Kessel would let me focus on PIM/HIT at LW with someone like Brady Tkachuk, Lawson Crouse, Chris Wagner, Matt Martin, or Austin Watson.

As for G, Lehner/Greiss have been shockingly good all year, with Varly up and down, and Craig Anderson on IR. Feel like I could use Hutton if I'm gonna take a shot.

Dobber Sports Recruit

Gonna bump this.. been tough for me to get any feedback on reddit or here. I can't tell if it's because it's too hard to evaluate my situation or if folks think it's a neutral trade.

Dobber Sports Grand Master

I'd prefer to focus on the grit categories on the back end, but if a Tkachuk is available, that's a solid add. It's definitely a win-now move, and I think it works if that's your goal.

I'd like the pick cost to be a little cheaper, but you can't always get what you want.
    Want a Signature? Go to Settings, and you'll find Edit Signature down the list on the left.