Thread: Blackwood

Dobber Sports Novice

Default Blackwood

Can he step in right now and take the NJ crease? I'm in a one-year cap league - W, SV, SV%, GAA and SO are the cats. My goalies are Gibson-Raanta-Miller. Due to injuries, I was running Gibson-Kuemper-Hill, and that worked pretty well. Now that Hill is in the minors I have to replace him.

The obvious choice is Pickard. I'm a fan of handcuff strategies - they have won me championships in the past. But Pickard's numbers lately have been so, so bad, and Blackwood is a tempting add right now.

I want to make the right decision off the bat. Without getting into all the details, it'll cost me cap space to switch things up later.

One compromise might be to replace Hill with Pickard and stash Blackwood in the minors.

Thoughts? Any help you guys can provide will be much appreciated (as always). Cheers.

The Magnificent One

Default Re: Blackwood

Stash him if you can he is not going to be the starter yet. Kinkaid will get the crease as he has earned it and doing well
    18 team H2H Keeper League
    G/A/PPP/SHP/GWG/SOG/FOW/Hits&blks/W/GAA/SV/SV%
    play 4c/8w/6d/1G (2min start)/6 bench/
    C: Hughes, Zacha, Howden, compher, Tierney, Frederic
    W: Gaudreau, Schwartz, M.Tkachuk, Fabbri, Bratt, Yamamoto, Wahlstrom, Okposo, Heinen, M.Folingo, Hinostroza, Mcginn
    D: Hughes, Ceci, Pelech, oleksiak, Holden, Poolman
    G: Markstrom, Oettinger,
    P:Rossi,Bowers,Heponiemi,Kupari,Wise,Dorofeyev,Fir stov,Clarke,Fortin,holloway,Nygard,Aberg,Rasmussen ,Elynuik,M.Jones,Chlapik,Platzer,Bracco,Kuokkanen, Lind,Liljegren,J.Roy,Montembeault,Raaymakers,Woll, prosvetov,Larmi

Dobber Sports Expert

Hil isn't in the minors. He was "sent down" on paper as part of some kind of work-around the holiday roster freeze. He may even start tonight.

Dobber Sports Novice

Huh... that's the second time in a week he's been demoted then repromoted within a short span. I had read reports that he might stay down there this time.

My question about Blackwood remains though - he's worth a stash, right?

Dobber Sports Expert

He's not the best prospect but he's playing in the NHL and that's not nothing. He's worth a stash in a deep enough league and yours is a one-year with a minors system? Sounds like it can't hurt. Go for it