Thread: B. Tkachuk or Z. Aston-Reese

Dobber Sports Newbie

Default B. Tkachuk or Z. Aston-Reese

I'm curious to find out what people are thinking about B. Tkachuk now that he's come back down to earth a little bit. His big appeal initially was his high peripheral stats when he wasn't on the scoresheet but that hasn't really been the case the past couple/few weeks. Is it time to consider swapping him out for someone else like maybe a Zach Aston-Reese who seems to have settled into a top 6 role in Pittsburgh along side Malkin? Thanks!

Our league is a 12 team H2H - G, A, P, +/-, PPP, SOG, HIT, BLK, GAA, SV%, W, SHO.

My roster is: F: Matthews, Kopitar, Barkov, Zibanejad, Stone, Palmieri, Dubois, B. Tkachuk, Tuch, Drouin, D: Letang, Krug, Pionk, Nurse, G: Holtby, Koskinen, IR: Trocheck

Dobber Sports Pro

Default Re: B. Tkachuk or Z. Aston-Reese

No better option than Aston-Reese? I would keep Tkachuk over him.
    League 1
    10 team, Dynasty, points only, 30 players, keep20 starts 12 F, 6 D, 2G , unlimited prospects(can keep them max 5 years)
    F: Mackinnon,Marner, Panarin, Eichel, Fiala, Hughes, Svechnikov, Robertson, Bratt, Kuznetsov, Hischier, B.Tkachuk, M.Tkachuk, Scheifele, Wheeler, Jenner, Drouin, Tatar, Colton
    D:Hughes, Hamilton, Karlsson, Dunn, Burns, Theodore, Slavin, Trouba G: Shesterkin, Binnington, Vanecek
    League2
    Cap league (82.5M with AAV), points only, 12 teams, keep 7, (9F, 4D, 2G)
    F: Hughes, Zuccarello,RNH, Marchessault, Scheifele, Toffoli, O’Reilly, Trocheck, Buchnevich extra: Marchenko
    D: Makar, Dahlin, Seider, Andersson
    G: Hellebuyck, Talbot

Dobber Sports Sophomore

Well Brady just had his first NHL slump, although it was a big one as he didnt record a point for 9 games. he's on a little two game point streak and seems to be emerging from that slump. he is playing the top line and if he sticks upon Duchenes return he could really start logging some points with consistency again. Even if dropped to second line, that combo is where he initally was scoring at a PPG. Aston-Reese is a hell of a hitter and is on a line that will definitely send some points his way, and the triple eligibility is awesome. Considering your league doesnt count PIMS maybe its a closer discussion but I still take Brady over Reese pretty easily.
    12 TEAM H2H: G/A/PIM/PPP/SOG/FOW/HIT/BLK| W/GAA/SV%/SHO

KEEPER SYSTEM:
    - 1 keeper allowed, but it cannot be your 1st or 2nd round pick from the previous years draft
    - Your keeper is then auto-drafted to your team 2 rounds earlier than you drafted him the previous year
    - Ex). Draft a guy in the 6th last year? He would be auto-drafted to your team in the 4th this year

__________________________________________________ ________
    C: E. Lindholm, J. Eriksson Ek
    RW: N. Kucherov, JT Miller
    LW: S. Stamkos, PL Dubois, F. Forsberg
    D: D. Hamilton, J. Trouba, D. Nurse, K. Letang, A. Larsson, Z. Werenski
    G: Binnington, Forsberg, Woll
    IR+: Andersson, Boldy, Bennett

Dobber Sports Newbie

Would Jaden Schwartz be an upgrade over B. Tkachuk? He's been on a role since he's returned from injury scoring 5 points in 4 games and his peripheral stats aren't too bad either.

Dobber Sports Jedi

he might be an upgrade. There's no real NHL history to grade B.T. on and whether he can sustain a 60+pt pace this season. Schwartz has 70pt chops that we know. If you count periphs.. then I would lean toward BT just out of the all-round ability.

Aston-Reece is multi-cat diamond in the rough. For hits... he's a find. offensive upside? who really knows. He seems to be able to keep up with the big boys in Pitt - so that's a plus. but I'll take Schwartz or BT over him this season.
    Follow me on twitter: @doylelb4