Thread: Some quick help please -REP-

Dobber Sports Sage

Default Some quick help please -REP-

League in sig.
    Interesting little trade offer just arrived:
    My DeSmith for his Batherson.

I can think of pros and cons. Would like to see what the braintrust around here thinks.
    REP for your help, thanks.

Dobber Sports Sage

Default Re: Some quick help please -REP-

I know you're running at 10-0 this season but DeSmith is a good 3rd goalie even if/when murray takes the net back. He's a nice filler for M. Smith who has Rittich stealing alot of starts. It's kind of like Smith plus DeSmith make a really solid 3rd goalie combined and both are on good teams that win alot. Plus he's a big part of your Pittsburgh handcuff. That said, you could probably just bring rittich up and run the Calgary handcuff while Pitts sorts our their goalie situation this season.

Batherson is a nice looking prospect...

It looks like batherson can be moved to your farm this season and next, maybe even a portion of the one after. You don't need him up front and probably won't for a few years.

You probably have a better feel on DeSmith than I do. I'm ok with the deal unless you feel like DeSmith is somehow Pittsburgs long term answer in net. I can't get there with my limited knowledge on him given they have murray and jarry.
    Set roster weekly in H2H (Mon to Sun) - 16 Teams - start 6F, 3D, and 1G per week - Keep 2

Points: 2 G / 2 A / 1 PPG / 1 PPA / 1 Hat Trick / 1 SHG / 1 SHA / 1 GWG - 3 Goalie Win / 2 Goalie Loss in SO or OT / 5 goalie SO

Forwards:
    C. McDavid, N. Kucherov, R. O'Reilly, J. Schwartz, J. Toews, J. Huberdeau, T. Toffoli, M. Granlund

Defense:
    B. Burns, J. Klingberg, R. Josi, J. Slavin

Goalie:
    J. Binnington

IR (2 max):

Dobber Sports Sage

So yeah I pulled the trigger on that for Batherson. I dont think DeSmith is the long term answer so I wanted to cash in now.

Also, I have just been offered Koskinen for Jarry and Vilardi. I like this offer and it fills the hole in net that I caused with the DeSmith trade. Koskinen has a bright future IMO.

Dobber Sports Sage

Quote Originally Posted by Doug Glatt View Post
    So yeah I pulled the trigger on that for Batherson. I dont think DeSmith is the long term answer so I wanted to cash in now.

Also, I have just been offered Koskinen for Jarry and Vilardi. I like this offer and it fills the hole in net that I caused with the DeSmith trade. Koskinen has a bright future IMO.
    I like the deal. I don't mind the other one mostly because its a very reasonable price for you. I am a bit leery of a potential split in Edmonton but Koskinen has looked great for a long time now so I'm starting to change my tune on this a tad but who knows. I can still see Talbot getting lots of opportunity.
    Set roster weekly in H2H (Mon to Sun) - 16 Teams - start 6F, 3D, and 1G per week - Keep 2

Points: 2 G / 2 A / 1 PPG / 1 PPA / 1 Hat Trick / 1 SHG / 1 SHA / 1 GWG - 3 Goalie Win / 2 Goalie Loss in SO or OT / 5 goalie SO

Forwards:
    C. McDavid, N. Kucherov, R. O'Reilly, J. Schwartz, J. Toews, J. Huberdeau, T. Toffoli, M. Granlund

Defense:
    B. Burns, J. Klingberg, R. Josi, J. Slavin

Goalie:
    J. Binnington

IR (2 max):

Dobber Sports Sage

Yeah I am betting the Oilers continue to not be Soilers. Added Draisaitl and now Koskinen. Talbot is UFA after this season so he doesnt really qualify as "the guy with the contract," which usually means the starter always gets chance after chance to take the gig back. I am betting it is Koskinen's net from now on. They signed Koskinen to challenge Talbot, hoping he would rise to the competition. Talbot continued to suck so there really hasnt been much of a question to this point. Also, having the CGY net is awesome they play on a lot of off-nights so I can use the starter a lot. I traded for Giordano along the same rationale and wow has he been awesome.