Thread: Matthews

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Default Matthews

Hey there!

Because of his history with injurys would you consider a trade Matthews for Pertersson?

Or Point+Chabot for Matthews?

So my question is...would you trade him?and if so,which trade would be better?
    16-team H2H fantrax dynasty league:20 active spots ( 4 C/LW/RW- 6D-2G)5 bench15minorCategories:G A +/- PPP SHP SOG PIM HIT BLK FOW TOI GV TKGP W GAA SV SV% SHO
    My Team:
    C:Eichel / Couturier / Hertl / Scheifele /Stützle
    LW: Ovechkin / Hyman/ E.Kane /Jeannot/ DeBrincat/Nichushkin
    RW: Meier/ Seguin/ Bjorkstrand/P.Kane/Necas/Batherson
    D: Nurse / Seider /Sergachev/Dahlin/Cernak/Guhle/Jiricek
    G: Vasilevsky / Sorokin / Samsonov
    Minors:Kasper /Räty/Pospisil/E.Sale/C.Ritchie/Yager/Sandin Pelikka/Ty Nelson/Gulyayev/Yurov/Simashev / Tarasov (G) /Clang (G)/ Gajan(G)

The Great One

Default Re: Matthews

No, I wouldn't trade Matthews cuz he might get hurt. Heck, if you make this deal, would you then trade Pettersson because he might get another concussion?

Dobber Sports Initiate

If you can get Point ++ I would think about it. Point is not far off from Matthews (I do think Matthews is better), but if you can get Chabot and another piece maybe I would consider it. The injury doesn't really worry me, I just am high on Point and I think Matthews value in trades will always be a little higher than his (rightfully very high) actual value so if you can find a GM that is willing to give you a big overpay in such a deep keeper I would consider doing it, especially when you already have McDavid at centre.

- - - Updated - - -

Petersson trade is a hard no for me. Matthews is for sure the real deal, Pettersson hasn't shown enough yet to be the one piece in this trade. Need a lot more than that to move the needle for me.
    8tm Keep 7FWD,4D,1G
    C,3LW,3RW,5D,2G (positional game played cap)
    G(3),A(2),+/-(1),PM(0.5),PPP(1),GW(1),S(0.4),W(4),SV(0.2),GA(-1),SO(2)
    C:Aho, Barkov, Pavelski(RW), Nugent-Hop(LW)
    R:Rantanen, Pasta, Konecny
    L:Guentzel, Gaudreau, Keller(RW), Benn
    D:Makar, Karlsson, Sergachev, Dobson, Hronek, Sanderson
    G:Vasilevskiy, Hart, Kuemper, Kotchetkov, Husso

Dobber Sports Supreme Grand Master

In a Head to Head keeper league, no I would not trade him for either of these.

AS long as you have a IR spot then he is an asset to you. When he is injured you can stream guys that are hot.

H2H is largely about the players that will get you the most points per game. So keep him and hope that he is always healthy for when your league playoffs are.

Dobber Sports Jedi

Quote Originally Posted by Sidenown View Post
    If you can get Point ++ I would think about it. Point is not far off from Matthews (I do think Matthews is better), but if you can get Chabot and another piece maybe I would consider it. The injury doesn't really worry me, I just am high on Point and I think Matthews value in trades will always be a little higher than his (rightfully very high) actual value so if you can find a GM that is willing to give you a big overpay in such a deep keeper I would consider doing it, especially when you already have McDavid at centre.

- - - Updated - - -

Petersson trade is a hard no for me. Matthews is for sure the real deal, Pettersson hasn't shown enough yet to be the one piece in this trade. Need a lot more than that to move the needle for me.
    I'm sitting close to this line of thinking. I would want another piece added to Point & Chabot for AM... & if you can get another piece added to Pettersson, I'd consider that as well.

unless - you league favours goal scoring, which it doesn't seem to.

As the deals are right now, I'm holding AM.
    Follow me on twitter: @doylelb4

Dobber Sports Apprentice

At first thanks for all your opinions

I like the Point-Chabot thing as well...thought about to ask for his 1st round pick and give my 3rd!

i think the 1st is very important in our league,we just have to drop 3 players
    But it has to be 1 of our top 5 players-1 of the top 10 and 1 random player!

I think that would be a trade i would consider because i would be competitive this year and would have an extra 1st rounder?

Thoughts?

Dobber Sports Initiate

What other pieces does the Point/Chabot owner have on his roster? In a 10 team keeper, that means the first round made up of the 40-50th best players...which is good but might consider trying to get a piece that helps you now.
    8tm Keep 7FWD,4D,1G
    C,3LW,3RW,5D,2G (positional game played cap)
    G(3),A(2),+/-(1),PM(0.5),PPP(1),GW(1),S(0.4),W(4),SV(0.2),GA(-1),SO(2)
    C:Aho, Barkov, Pavelski(RW), Nugent-Hop(LW)
    R:Rantanen, Pasta, Konecny
    L:Guentzel, Gaudreau, Keller(RW), Benn
    D:Makar, Karlsson, Sergachev, Dobson, Hronek, Sanderson
    G:Vasilevskiy, Hart, Kuemper, Kotchetkov, Husso

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Forwards:
    Pettersson/Elias Lindholm/ROR/Voracek/Will Karlsson/Kuznetsov/Zibanejad

Defense: Hedman/Gost

Dobber Sports Jedi

Pettersson & Chabot... I would go after