Thread: Elliott could be back soon - pick him up?

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Default Elliott could be back soon - pick him up?

Hey all,

Would you take Elliott over Crawford, where Chicago can't win a game; or Koskinen, where Talbot could get 50% or more of the starts? Or would you hold as is? Thanks
    Yahoo - 12 Teams - H2H - Daily Starts
    2L, 2C, 2R, 4D, 2G, 4B, 1IR+
    G, A, PPP, SOG, FW, HIT, BLK
    W, GAA, SV%, SV, SHO

L - Huberdeau, Giroux (C,R), Coleman (R)
    C - Bergeron, Larkin
    R - Wheeler (C), Hornqvist, White (C - Streamer)
    D - Letang, DeAngelo, Murphy, Slavin
    G - Rask/Halak, Shesterkin/Georgiev
    IR+ -

Dobber Sports Sage

Default Re: Elliott could be back soon - pick him up?

Once Elliott is back I'd take him over Koskinen ad Crawford.
    Set roster weekly in H2H (Mon to Sun) - 16 Teams - start 6F, 3D, and 1G per week - Keep 2

Points: 2 G / 2 A / 1 PPG / 1 PPA / 1 Hat Trick / 1 SHG / 1 SHA / 1 GWG - 3 Goalie Win / 2 Goalie Loss in SO or OT / 5 goalie SO

Forwards:
    C. McDavid, N. Kucherov, R. O'Reilly, J. Schwartz, J. Toews, J. Huberdeau, T. Toffoli, M. Granlund

Defense:
    B. Burns, J. Klingberg, R. Josi, J. Slavin

Goalie:
    J. Binnington

IR (2 max):

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Thanks MZac! Any other opinions?
    W, GAA, SV%, SV, SHO

C - Bergeron, Larkin
    IR+ -

Dobber Sports Initiate

I wouldn’t touch Elliot with that team playing in front of him, coached by that coach. Hitch has given the crease to Kos. Talbot is being given the weaker match ups. It’s kos’ net now and Hitch has the team playing better. Kos May hit the wall and Talbot can reclaim but I’d toll Kos over Elliott.

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

I'd roll with kos as well.
    8 Team H2h Cat: G, A, PPP, SHG, GWG, SOG, HIT, BLK
    Wins, SV%, SHO

Forwards: Couturier, Kopitar, B. Tanev, Debrincat, Wheeler, Puljujarvi, Seguin, Matthews, M. Tkachuk, Bennett, Marchand, Bergeron,

Defence: Chiarot, Nurse, Carlson, Fowler, Josi, DeAgngelo, Ferraro

Goalies: Shesterkin, Bobrovsky

Dobber Sports Demi-God

Koskinen for me, first.
    Elliott next, he actually has good 5-on-5 SV% numbers with PHI this year. .910sv% ain't too shabby this year in NHL.
    Crawford last. CHI just stinks. The team knows it. 8 straight losses. You want no part of that. PIT, WPG, SJ, NAS next four. Ugh.

Dobber Sports Jedi

Koskinen

Elliott

Crawford.
    Follow me on twitter: @doylelb4

Dobber Sports Supreme Grand Master

Quote Originally Posted by captaincrunch32 View Post
    I wouldn’t touch Elliot with that team playing in front of him, coached by that coach. Hitch has given the crease to Kos. Talbot is being given the weaker match ups. It’s kos’ net now and Hitch has the team playing better. Kos May hit the wall and Talbot can reclaim but I’d toll Kos over Elliott.
    Is the team in front of the goalies really playing that bad? I was at the game in Winnipeg on the weekend and the Flyers dominated the first period, after scoring 6 unanswered goals the day before in Buffalo. Back to back afternoon games. The Flyers were rolling... until Neuvirth let in the third goal on 9 shots and the Flyers just deflated after that.

Lets look at some statistics

- Flyers are 15th in shots per game, as well as goals per game.
    - Flyers give up the 7th least amount of shots per game
    - Flyers are 10th is regular SAT
    - 3rd fewest 'High-Danger scoring chances' in the league (Per Natural Stat Trick)

The bolded stat above would lead me to believe that the team in front of the goalies is not as bad as many think.

As for the question at hand... I prefer Koskinen to Elliot right. But not because the team in front of Elliot.... but because Koskinen is playing well... and Elliot is coming back from an injury.

Dobber Sports Sage

I'm not buying hitch handing the net to Koskinen. Talbots looked good his last couple starts and so has Koskinen (before last night, average start but got the win wit 6 goals).

I believe talbot will be eased back into the starting role but for now I'd call it a split. Almost guarantee talbot will get the next game. So if you go with Koskinen go into it thinking split situation. If you're counting on him to get the vast majority of starts you will almost certainly be disappointed sooner than later. I'm sticking with Elliott when he's back. Flyers aren't as bad as they appear and the only thing that will stop him from getting starts will be another injury, in which case you swap him out again.
    Set roster weekly in H2H (Mon to Sun) - 16 Teams - start 6F, 3D, and 1G per week - Keep 2

Points: 2 G / 2 A / 1 PPG / 1 PPA / 1 Hat Trick / 1 SHG / 1 SHA / 1 GWG - 3 Goalie Win / 2 Goalie Loss in SO or OT / 5 goalie SO

Forwards:
    C. McDavid, N. Kucherov, R. O'Reilly, J. Schwartz, J. Toews, J. Huberdeau, T. Toffoli, M. Granlund

Defense:

Goalie:
    J. Binnington

IR (2 max):

Dobber Sports Padawan

I'm not so down on Elliot. I drafted him as a third goalie this year and he hasn't been all that bad.
    Any goalie in a hitchcock system is worth owning, but I believe a common thought is that Talbot will be back in there rolling at some point this season. The chances of Talbot being a decent starter are better than Koskinen becoming a full time NHL starter for the first time at 35 and carrying the torch the whole year. IMO

Don't touch Crawford

EDIT: I didn't realize Koskinen was only 30. I thought he was 35 for whatever reason.
    Probably still 50/50 for me, but Koskinen is looking alot better for right now at least!

Dobber Sports Sophomore

I think it's Koskinen's net to lose. The 4 goals last night are deceiving. Watch the game. Stoped the first 24 something shots he faced. Only gave up a goal after team was up 4-0. Talbot's not signed passed this year and Kos is a year younger. So to the OP, I'd keep Kos but would probably drop Crawford for Elliott. In Elliott's last 10 starts, he's given up more than 2 goals only 2x (3 and 4) and a save% of .905 or better in 9. He is 5-5. In the 5 losses, his team scored 0 or 1 goal. His issue is health. If he's health (big if), I take him over Crawford.
    ************************************************** ********************************
    Numbers are like prisoners. If you torture them enough, they'll tell you whatever you want to hear.

Dobber Sports Sage

Quote Originally Posted by Hendu View Post
    I think it's Koskinen's net to lose. The 4 goals last night are deceiving. Watch the game. Stoped the first 24 something shots he faced. Only gave up a goal after team was up 4-0. Talbot's not signed passed this year and Kos is a year younger. So to the OP, I'd keep Kos but would probably drop Crawford for Elliott. In Elliott's last 10 starts, he's given up more than 2 goals only 2x (3 and 4) and a save% of .905 or better in 9. He is 5-5. In the 5 losses, his team scored 0 or 1 goal. His issue is health. If he's health (big if), I take him over Crawford.
    Agreed Koskinen played well last night and he's looked good (the 4 goals was a bit deceiving and oil got sloppy in the third). I don't think it was quite good enough to guarantee the next start. I think talbot gets it as they ease him back it. It might not make sense but history shows the starters at the beginning of the year being paid the most money get every opportunity. I don't see this being different.

That said, I agree that a heathy Elliott and Koskinen (even in a split situation) are the way to go over Crawford.

Forwards:

Defense:

Goalie:
    J. Binnington

IR (2 max):

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Great discussion and thanks for the advice everyone! Seems to be some differing opinions on the Kos/Talbot situation and on Elliott, but there is a consensus that Crawford & Chicago suck lol. So I guess I will be dropping Crawford for Elliott! Thanks again
    W, GAA, SV%, SV, SHO

C - Bergeron, Larkin
    IR+ -