17 21.25%
  • Sitting out for a full year

31 38.75%
Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 LastLast

Thread: Nylander

Dobber Sports Superstar

Default Re: Nylander

Quote Originally Posted by Jouko-Pouko View Post
    (I'm trying to use simpler numbers now so that people don't get too confused with difficult numbers like 5.6828 seasons. I understand math is difficult for some.)

Dobber Sports Initiate

Quote Originally Posted by Kofax View Post
    Yes I too was very happy to have some simpler numbers. 5 significant digits is much to difficult for me to comprehend
    8tm Keep 7FWD,4D,1G
    C,3LW,3RW,5D,2G (positional game played cap)
    G(3),A(2),+/-(1),PM(0.5),PPP(1),GW(1),S(0.4),W(4),SV(0.2),GA(-1),SO(2)
    C:Aho, Barkov, Pavelski(RW), Nugent-Hop(LW)
    R:Rantanen, Pasta, Konecny
    L:Guentzel, Gaudreau, Keller(RW), Benn
    D:Makar, Karlsson, Sergachev, Dobson, Hronek, Sanderson
    G:Vasilevskiy, Hart, Kuemper, Kotchetkov, Husso

Dobber Sports Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by eyemissgilmour View Post
    Wow, is dobber offering a discount for the most condescending forum poster? I hadn't heard about that promotion. You've certainly got my vote, sir. So well done.

Hilarious stuff.

You should really be an agent, you know, with such a firm grasp on mathematics.
    Under your method, you could easily argue that Malkin has actually been getting paid 11.5 per season so far in his contract!!!
    After all... seasons must be prorated for games missed - that's basically what you are arguing.

You're saying dollars per games played is more important than cap hit.
    People like me are saying cap hit is what matters to teams.
    It's always funny when someone is losing an argument and they start insulting the other person. Nicely done.

This is a direct quote from a player agent.

“Every player in the league should go shake Nylander’s hand,” said a player agent. “He stood up for what he believed he should get and while in the end both sides had to move towards each other, he got a real nice deal. I can make the argument it’s as good if not better than Leon Draisaitl ($8.5 million AAV times eight years) because Nylander got shorter term and will get another nice contract after this. To me, when we’re using his deal moving forward, we’re going to argue it’s actually a $7.5 million a year deal when you do the conversion on him missing out the first two months of the season. It’s a real win for the players seeking second contracts.”
    Source: https://theathletic.com/688914/2018/...on-the-market/

Dobber Sports Padawan

It's always funny when someone is losing an argument and they start insulting the other person. Nicely done.

This is a direct quote from a player agent.

Source: https://theathletic.com/688914/2018/...on-the-market/
    Agents could use what they want doesn't mean that teams will agree. It is inflated so that he could make the 6.9 per year. If another player is in the same situation I am sure that this contract will come up.
    20 Team Full Keeper (32 man Roster) Points only
    Start 12F 6D 1G

F- Skinner, Nyquist, Koivu, Carter,TJohnson, Kopitar, Tarasenko, Okposo, Williams, Kessel, Voracek, Wheeler, Galchenyuk, Lee

D-Vatanen, Bogosian, J Schultz, MacDonald, Demers, Muzzin, Stone, Edler

G- Halak, C.Anderson, Mason

Dobber Sports Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by Rustyrug View Post
    Agents could use what they want doesn't mean that teams will agree. It is inflated so that he could make the 6.9 per year. If another player is in the same situation I am sure that this contract will come up.
    That is exactly the point I was making in the previous post.

Player agents are claiming $7.5M (or something like that), teams will argue it's $6.96M. Both sides can make an argument they're right.
    Both sides are equally important in contract negotiations, so what player agents are saying is important. This is what makes this contract so controversial and unique, and it will have a big impact on future contracts for players who use him as a comparable.

Which side is correct in their stance? None of us know for sure. We all have our opinions but only those future contracts will show the truth.

Dobber Sports Grand Master

So just to be clear, it’s ridiculous to use the registered contract ($45 over 6) and it’s ridiculous to use the prorated contract with the prorated term ($41.828 over 5.6828)

But it is NOT ridiculous to prorate the pay and apply it over an un-prorated term. Got it.

Dobber Sports Grand Master

Nylander didn’t miss games. He was unemployed. Simple concept. Malkin is paid for the games he missed. Nylander was not being paid for the games he missed. Also a simple concept. If he was paid for the games he missed, you wouldn’t need to prorate the contract.

Dobber Sports Titan

Seems to be impossible for you guys to actually have a civil discussion eh? Either we can actually discuss the Nylander contract, or you guys can take your underlying back-and-forth elsewhere. Thanks.

On topic, my simple take on the Nylander contract, and some other related fantasy hockey thoughts here:
    https://dobberhockey.com/hockey-home...nder-contract/

Happy to go over any of the points I made if there are questions/comments on the article.
    Associate Editor for DobberHockey (Wednesdays). Click that Ramblings button on the the menu bar!
    (No I don't have a hockey problem...)

Dobber Sports Initiate

Quote Originally Posted by Eskimo Brother View Post
    Seems to be impossible for you guys to actually have a civil discussion eh? Either we can actually discuss the Nylander contract, or you guys can take your underlying back-and-forth elsewhere. Thanks.

On topic, my simple take on the Nylander contract, and some other related fantasy hockey thoughts here:

Happy to go over any of the points I made if there are questions/comments on the article.
    Thanks! Love the armchair GM tool! And interesting to think about how this will affect next summer's RFA's in a civil way. I am interested where Connor comes in if he keeps this up.
    8tm Keep 7FWD,4D,1G
    C,3LW,3RW,5D,2G (positional game played cap)
    G(3),A(2),+/-(1),PM(0.5),PPP(1),GW(1),S(0.4),W(4),SV(0.2),GA(-1),SO(2)
    C:Aho, Barkov, Pavelski(RW), Nugent-Hop(LW)
    R:Rantanen, Pasta, Konecny
    L:Guentzel, Gaudreau, Keller(RW), Benn
    D:Makar, Karlsson, Sergachev, Dobson, Hronek, Sanderson
    G:Vasilevskiy, Hart, Kuemper, Kotchetkov, Husso

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Quote Originally Posted by Eskimo Brother View Post

I know you listed Brown as a possible trade casualty, but I didn't see any mention on Johnsson in the article. Where do you see him in the mix?
    12 Team H2H Keep 6
    Scoring Cats - Players: G, A, P, +/-, PPG, SHG, GWG
    Goalies: W, GAA, SV%, SHO
    Start 2C, 2LW, 2RW, 4D, 1G (locked in for the week)

C: Malkin, Kuznetsov, Larkin, Couture
    LW: Hall, DeBrincat, Fiala
    RW: Kucherov, J.T. Miller
    D: Theodore, Gustafsson, Pulock
    G: Hellebuyck, Shesterkin

Dobber Sports Jedi

HE'S BACK!!! I think that should officially close this thread.
    Follow me on twitter: @doylelb4

Dobber Sports Titan

Quote Originally Posted by Brosive View Post
    I know you listed Brown as a possible trade casualty, but I didn't see any mention on Johnsson in the article. Where do you see him in the mix?
    He's on the roster in the Armchair GM photo. I think he's one of the ones that gets a bridge deal as I mentioned.
    Associate Editor for DobberHockey (Wednesdays). Click that Ramblings button on the the menu bar!

Dobber Sports Titan

Quote Originally Posted by eyemissgilmour View Post
    Article very well done, thank you for that.
    The only thing I would disagree with is a potential shift in power to the players.
    I don't think that is happening at all. The next lockout should confirm this...
    I think the power shift to the players is based on setting the market higher, at least for the players that aren't depth pieces, and demanding that their interests in terms of contract length is better served. The lockout I don't see really having much to do with it. Wondering what the explanation would be behind that?

Dobber Sports Titan

Quote Originally Posted by Sidenown View Post
    Thanks! Love the armchair GM tool! And interesting to think about how this will affect next summer's RFA's in a civil way. I am interested where Connor comes in if he keeps this up.
    Connor is definitely going to be interesting. Does he top Ehlers' salary? Winnipeg seems to want to give him better deployments, so maybe they should pay him more too. At least that's where I would start if I'm him.

Dobber Sports Titan

Nevermind. I missed Johnsson in the armchair gm bit. An oversight by me, and wasn't meant to imply that I think he'll be one of the casualties.