Thread: Am I crazy to stick with Talbot?

Dobber Sports Sage

Default Am I crazy to stick with Talbot?

League in Sig. Basically wins are the only thing I'm concerned with as shutouts are powerful but unpredictable. Also nice if a team can get to overtime a lot for the 2 points. Don't care about goalie stats at all.

So I'm 5-1 this season with the outright lead, no thanks to Talbot. Yet I still believe in him and think he'll turn it around so I've stuck with him.

We only start one goalie and most teams only carry one so there are some decent options in free agency. Here they are:

Halak (32 points)
    Elliott (23 points)
    Marksrom (25 points)
    Kuemper (11 points)
    Allen (18 points)
    DeSmith (23 points)
    Anderson (27 points)
    Lundquist (22 points)
    Kinkaid (33 points)
    Luongo (12 points)
    Howard (22 points)
    Rittich (20 points)
    All of the Carolina goalies (8-13 points each)

*Points do not carry over. They simply count for each single week*

After last night Talbot has 17 points on the season and koskinen is now tied with him after last nights win. Yet I still want to hold Talbot. Am I crazy?
    Set roster weekly in H2H (Mon to Sun) - 16 Teams - start 6F, 3D, and 1G per week - Keep 2

Points: 2 G / 2 A / 1 PPG / 1 PPA / 1 Hat Trick / 1 SHG / 1 SHA / 1 GWG - 3 Goalie Win / 2 Goalie Loss in SO or OT / 5 goalie SO

Forwards:
    C. McDavid, N. Kucherov, R. O'Reilly, J. Schwartz, J. Toews, J. Huberdeau, T. Toffoli, M. Granlund

Defense:
    B. Burns, J. Klingberg, R. Josi, J. Slavin

Goalie:
    J. Binnington

IR (2 max):

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

Default Re: Am I crazy to stick with Talbot?

I hope you don't mind MZac if I tag along with this question because I am in the identical spot I mostly am looking for wins and don't care for others starts I am current 4-2 with no help from Talbot but in the same boat, do I stick with him or take another goalie that's available which are:

Saros
    Hutton
    Howard
    Lundqvist
    Luongo

Mzac at first glance of the names you mentioned I would probably take Kinkaid
    8 Team H2h Cat: G, A, PPP, SHG, GWG, SOG, HIT, BLK
    Wins, SV%, SHO

Forwards: Couturier, Kopitar, B. Tanev, Debrincat, Wheeler, Puljujarvi, Seguin, Matthews, M. Tkachuk, Bennett, Marchand, Bergeron,

Defence: Chiarot, Nurse, Carlson, Fowler, Josi, DeAgngelo, Ferraro

Goalies: Shesterkin, Bobrovsky

Dobber Sports Sage

Quote Originally Posted by mike hall View Post
    I hope you don't mind MZac if I tag along with this question because I am in the identical spot I mostly am looking for wins and don't care for others starts I am current 4-2 with no help from Talbot but in the same boat, do I stick with him or take another goalie that's available which are:

Saros
    Hutton
    Howard
    Lundqvist
    Luongo

Mzac at first glance of the names you mentioned I would probably take Kinkaid
    No problem. The lack of responses is usually telling in that its probably quite close.

For what it's worth I've gone ahead and made my move for next week. I dropped Koivu for Luongo as Koivu only plays 2 games next week so no chance he gets in my top 6 forwards (most of them play 4 games). Florida plays 4 to Edmonton's/Boston's/philly/New jerseys 3. Kinkaid, Elliott, and Hallak were my other contenders.

I think Luongo gets 3 of those starts the way the panthers are rolling with him. No reason to think he won't play well. So as of right now he'll be my starter for next week and I'll sit Talbot. Things could change before Monday of course...

I see no reason not to apply the same logic to your scenario in the short term if you have a stream spot and just bench Talbot to see where the pieces fall in Edmonton's current controversy.

Side note: when is the last time the oilers had a goalie controversy? I can't even remember. Are we at a controversy yet? I think koskinen starting last night and playing fairly well qualifies.

Edit: i think loo is the short term possible fix to my problem and yours if you go with him. This is going to be a week to week issue for a while I think.
    Set roster weekly in H2H (Mon to Sun) - 16 Teams - start 6F, 3D, and 1G per week - Keep 2

Points: 2 G / 2 A / 1 PPG / 1 PPA / 1 Hat Trick / 1 SHG / 1 SHA / 1 GWG - 3 Goalie Win / 2 Goalie Loss in SO or OT / 5 goalie SO

Forwards:
    C. McDavid, N. Kucherov, R. O'Reilly, J. Schwartz, J. Toews, J. Huberdeau, T. Toffoli, M. Granlund

Defense:

Goalie:
    J. Binnington

IR (2 max):

I was leaning towards was Bobby Loo... I don't have an extra spot for goalies which I would need to drop Talbot, I know there is someone in my league that's a die hard Oiler fan and have a feeling he will pick up Talbot which isn't a big problem and if that's the case I am allowed 4 drops each week and if I don't have a solid starter I will begin streaming goalies!

Quote Originally Posted by MZac View Post
    No problem. The lack of responses is usually telling in that its probably quite close.

For what it's worth I've gone ahead and made my move for next week. I dropped Koivu for Luongo as Koivu only plays 2 games next week so no chance he gets in my top 6 forwards (most of them play 4 games). Florida plays 4 to Edmonton's/Boston's/philly/New jerseys 3. Kinkaid, Elliott, and Hallak were my other contenders.

I think Luongo gets 3 of those starts the way the panthers are rolling with him. No reason to think he won't play well. So as of right now he'll be my starter for next week and I'll sit Talbot. Things could change before Monday of course...

I see no reason not to apply the same logic to your scenario in the short term if you have a stream spot and just bench Talbot to see where the pieces fall in Edmonton's current controversy.

Side note: when is the last time the oilers had a goalie controversy? I can't even remember. Are we at a controversy yet? I think koskinen starting last night and playing fairly well qualifies.

Edit: i think loo is the short term possible fix to my problem and yours if you go with him. This is going to be a week to week issue for a while I think.
    Wins, SV%, SHO

Forwards: Couturier, Kopitar, B. Tanev, Debrincat, Wheeler, Puljujarvi, Seguin, Matthews, M. Tkachuk, Bennett, Marchand, Bergeron,

Dobber Sports Sage

Quote Originally Posted by mike hall View Post
    I was leaning towards was Bobby Loo... I don't have an extra spot for goalies which I would need to drop Talbot, I know there is someone in my league that's a die hard Oiler fan and have a feeling he will pick up Talbot which isn't a big problem and if that's the case I am allowed 4 drops each week and if I don't have a solid starter I will begin streaming goalies!
    So you can't hold 3 goalies? Like drop patches for Luongo?

If that's the case I'd hold Talbot and see how it plays out. But as per the title of this thread I may be crazy.

Forwards:

Defense:

Goalie:
    J. Binnington

IR (2 max):

no, unfortunately, we can only carry 2 goalies
    Wins, SV%, SHO

Dobber Sports Grand Master

To MZac, not necessarily crazy, but I do think Luongo was a good move. Honestly, I like Talbot less than Luongo, Elliott, and Kinkaid for wins right now. this is especially true if the Oilers have alight week.

To Mike Hall: I think Talbot's spot is more useful for streaming a goalie right now.
    Want a Signature? Go to Settings, and you'll find Edit Signature down the list on the left.