Thread: Trading Pettersson in a 1 year multi-cat league (16 teams) WiII Rep

Dobber Sports Veteran

Default Trading Pettersson in a 1 year multi-cat league (16 teams) WiII Rep

That's for the 16 team league in my signature. I'm starting to think about that more and more... maybe now it's the right time to trade Pettersson or by doing that I will regret it the whole year

I'm in 3th place right now(winning this week) could be in 1st by the start of the next week. I have one of the most balanced teams. Saying that I want you to know that I'm not in need of making that move. I'm not in panic mode or something like that
    The think is that Pettersson doesn't help in categories like FOWs, hits and blocks. Also, no one can tell if he will end up with 80-85 points or around 60 points.If there is a chance to get a proven player for Pettersson, I think right now is that time.

To the question - what would be the right return, guys? I want to make the right offer( not to disrespect the other owner)

Right now Pettersson is 67th in my league and 84% owned.

I would like to target a player that hits and/or wins more FOs.

some options:

Schenn 77% owned, rank-125th
    ROR 80% owned, rank- 7th overall
    Johansen 81% owned, rank-19th
    Trocheck 85% owned, rank-48th
    Barkov 90% owned, ranked 235th
    Backstrom 95% owned, ranked 25th
    Evander Kane 96%, rank-50th
    Aho 98% owned, ranked 34th
    Eichel 98%, ranked 20th
    Benn 100% woned, ranked 45th

half of these players I doubt the other GMs would accept a one for one deal...

Give me some opinions what to do, guys. Who would you target? Would you add a second player to Pettersson if the target is Eichel for example and who?

Thanks in advance!
    Agent 47
    Devils & Predators fan

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Default Re: Trading Pettersson in a 1 year multi-cat league (16 teams) WiII Rep

If peripherals are what you’re aiming for then I would think going after Schenn, Trocheck, or Benn would be the way to go. If you’re in 3rd already though and balanced as you say then I personally would stand pat and enjoy the ride with Petterson.
    12 Team H2H 6x6
    G,A,SOG,PPP,Hits,Blocks
    W,L,GAA,SV%,Saves,SO
    Auction Keeper, Keep 1 Each of C, W, D, G

C - McDavid
    C - Hischier
    LW - J. Hughes
    LW - Pacioretty
    RW - Rantanen
    RW - Rakell
    D - Dahlin
    D - Theodore
    D - Montour
    D - Lauzon
    U - Cozens

BN - Bennett
    BN - Slafkovsky
    BN - Killorn

IR+ - Terry
    IR+ - Vilardi
    IR - Norris

G - Shesterkin
    G - Saros

NA - Askarov

Dobber Sports Veteran

Default Re: Trading Pettersson in a 1 year multi-cat league (16 teams) WiII Rep

Quote Originally Posted by aroundthefur922 View Post
    If peripherals are what you’re aiming for then I would think going after Schenn, Trocheck, or Benn would be the way to go. If you’re in 3rd already though and balanced as you say then I personally would stand pat and enjoy the ride with Petterson.
    Thank you very much for the advice! The think is that I'm still not convinced that Pettersson could keep tht pace over the full season. When a player who doesn't hit/block and not wins a lot of FOs also stop producing points
    things are looking bad...

Anyone else?! I'm thinking about one of Trocheck, Aho(because of his RW,C,LW and giving FOWs from the the wing spot) and Johansen.
    Devils & Predators fan