Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Karlsson tumbles in the rankings

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

Default Re: Karlsson tumbles in the rankings

Quote Originally Posted by Dobber View Post
    This morning my offer was rejected. I offered my Klingberg for his Chabot.

So there's that.
    Wow! My league is wrapping this year and I still would ask for more than Chabot for Kling (maybe not after the injury) I see Chabot being an immense talent, but not outpointing Kling game for game the rest of the season
    8 team Final Year; 2C,2LW,2RW,4D,2G,4Bench. Scoring: G(3),A(2),+/-(1),PIM(0.5),PPP(1),SOG(0.4)
    C:Kuznetsov, Giroux (LW)
    RW: Tarasenko, Rantanen, Aho (C, LW)
    LW:Forsberg, Benn (C)
    D: Karlsson, Ekman-Larsson, Ghost, Heiskenan
    G:Murray, Rask, Hutton, DeSmith, Domingue
    IR: Klingberg

I...am your father.

Quote Originally Posted by Sidenown View Post
    Wow! My league is wrapping this year and I still would ask for more than Chabot for Kling (maybe not after the injury) I see Chabot being an immense talent, but not outpointing Kling game for game the rest of the season
    I was feeling generous, but yeah I wanted picks as well but did not ask for them. I had a sneaking suspicion that he would decline the offer straight up. And he did. And that's how all Chabot owners are. Thus the ranking.
    The Best Fantasy Hockey Site

15-Team Keeper, points only, best 12 fwd, 4 dman, 2 G count. Playoffs count.

F - Crosby, Atkinson, Granlund, Marchand, Silfverberg, Scheifele, Sheary, Aston-Reese, Ehlers, Bonino, Abramov, Kreider, Haula, Pageau, Arvidsson, Guentzel, Anderson-Dolan
    G - Bobrovsky, Talbot, Pickard, Brossoit, Petersen, Montembeault
    D - Yandle, Trouba, Letang, Pulock, T. Myers, Vlasic, Morrissey, Beaulieu, Schmaltz

Dobber Sports Initiate

Quote Originally Posted by VincentVega View Post
    I find these rankings much too volatile month-to-month for my liking, especially as they are for keeper leagues. I honest don't put too much stock into them. They are kinda fun reading but that's about it. I don't think I've ever made any decision based on them.
    I have to agree with this. Fortunately for me, I have figured out which owners in my keeper league put a lot of stock into these rankings. It has helped me to pull off some great trades over the last couple of years. Time for me to contact the Karlsson owner.

Dobber Sports Star

Stats weren't good tonight.

18:54 min (4th on the team for D men)

1:12 pp time (burns had over 4 min)

I'm still a believer that he figures it out. Hes too good. Even though he hasn't scored a point since I acquired him.
    Set roster weekly in H2H (Mon to Sun) - 16 Teams - start 6F, 3D, and 1G per week - Keep 2

Points: 2 G / 2 A / 1 PPG / 1 PPA / 1 Hat Trick / 1 SHG / 1 SHA / 1 GWG - 3 Goalie Win / 2 Goalie Loss in SO or OT / 5 goalie SO

Forwards:
    C. McDavid J. Tavares, S. Aho, E. Lindholm, M. Zibanajed, J. Guentzel, T. Tatar, M. Koivu

Defense:
    E. Karlsson, T. Krug, K. Yandle, D. Hamilton

Goalie:
    C. Talbot, L. Domingue

IR (2 max):
    S. Weber, B. Schenn

2017 league champ
    2018 league champ

Dobber Sports Samurai

Quote Originally Posted by Dobber View Post
    I was feeling generous, but yeah I wanted picks as well but did not ask for them. I had a sneaking suspicion that he would decline the offer straight up. And he did. And that's how all Chabot owners are. Thus the ranking.
    If you own chabot I can see the hesitation of trading the next ghost or Karlsson, but at the same time.... there’s a larger risk chabot falls off a cliff come Jan
    Yesterday's weirdness is tomorrow's reason why. - H.S.T.

Dobber Sports Superstar

Quote Originally Posted by Nehithaw View Post
    I was alone on an island when I said that Karlsson's production was largely due to Ottawa deferring to him for their offensive production. Actually my exact words were that he "was given the keys to the city." We are now seeing how another D-man can do given the same opportunity to succeed. People were comparing Karlsson to Crosby and calling him one of the greatest defencemen of all-time - do those people still feel the same way?

EDIT: Klingberg's injury and Heiskanen's ascension is another example of how much a D-man's value can increase when their team gives them 1st PP ice-time.

People comparing Karlsson to Crosby and calling him one of the greatest dman of all time? I don't know about that, but I do know that he has been the best defenceman in the world going on 5 years now - if you asked 31 GMs who they would pick if they had one choice for a dman, it's probably Karlsson (although Hedman would be close). No one other than Burns has come close to the kind of impact he's had offensively, and despite the naysayers he's actually a good defensive dman.

As a Karlsson owner, I'm certainly annoyed at his start, and was annoyed when he went to the Sharks (although that has more to do with my also owning Burns!) But to say that Karlsson is going to go from virtually a PPG dman to an average or slightly above average guy is ludicrous - that's what some GMs are doing right now with who they are trading him for, etc. The guy is in a completely new city, new team, new coaches, etc, it will take time for him to adapt, we're only 1/5th of the season in. My take is he's going to go on one of those stretches where he puts up 3-4 points per game and everyone gets excited again. I could be wrong but I'd bet good money I'm not.

"I don't know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve."

Twitter: @ross10019

CBS Sportsline 14 team H2H keeper (21-man roster, 14 keepers)
    Weekly lineup changes (start 9F (3/4C and 6/5W) 5D 2G)
    G, A, PPP, SOG, BS, +/-, GAA, W, SV%

Montreal Maulers - 2012, 2013, 2014 & 2015 League Champions
    C: Tavares Stamkos Getzlaf Marchessault Galchenyuk
    W: Marchand Ehlers Toffoli Bailey Schmaltz Palmieri Kreider
    D: Karlsson Burns Leddy Matheson Lindell Slavin
    G: Dubnyk Schneider Kinkaid
    IR: Demko Eaves Sekera