Thread: Turning around a losing Dynasty Team

Dobber Sports Newbie

Default Turning around a losing Dynasty Team

Are there any tips anyone has out there for turning around a losing dynasty hockey team. Below in links are the screenshots of my team. Who are the overrated young players that could be trade bait for better players? Are there any veterans that you see that could be traded?
    Attached Images Attached Images

Dobber Sports Guru

Default Re: Turning around a losing Dynasty Team

First off, what are the settings?

Also, you really need to get some impact players. There are no studs on this list and nothing to really build a team around. This feels like a rebuild gone wrong (trading for youth just because they are young).

Your best bet is to wait for players to go on hot streaks and then start sending out trade offers. If Konency gets moved to the top line, for example, there's your opportunity. Or trying to trade for top players either struggling or injured.

Also, make every effort you can to get that number one pick next year and go for Hughes. I think you're looking at a multi-year rebuild.

Writer of the weekly Top 10 column.

12-team Keeper pool, straight points for forwards & dmen. Goalies get: 2 points per win, 3 per shutout, 1 point per assist & 1 point per shootout loss.

League champ in 2013, 2015, 2018, 2020 and 2022.

Top 8 forwards, 5 dmen and 2 goalies count.

We keep 15 players (any position) plus two rookies.

Forwards: Panarin, Ovechkin, Kopitar, Stamkos, Tuch, Rust, Marchessault, Pavelski, Miller, Bertuzzi, Stone, Kakko, Brown, Stankoven, Kovalenko
    Defence: Hedman, Fox, Matheson, Thrun, Jiricek
    Goalies: Kochetkov, Talbot, Vasilevskiy, Campbell, Schmid

Dobber Sports Grand Master

That looks awful. I'm guessing it's a cap league, as I see salaries, and I have no idea why a team would be so bereft of any current talent. You have apparently 20 reserve spots, yet your minors are full. I think you need to figure out what players on the wire have any chance of being useful, and grab them. That's what I've done in a dynasty league I took over this year, but it was not nearly as barren as your team.

I'm hoping there may be expensive guys out there nobody is rostering, or at least some guys who are useful. You can replace the lowest end of you minors fodder with them. I'd shop Luongo & see what you can get in return. The real issue is that you have almost no "veterans" to deal away right now.

Without knowing settings, it's hard to give any specific advice, but that team is so bad, it almost doesn't matter. I'm unsure how it came about, but it's good that somebody took it over.
    Want a Signature? Go to Settings, and you'll find Edit Signature down the list on the left.

Dobber Sports Wizard

Build around your youth. Trade your veterans so that your team is as bad as possible for the next 2 years. The 2019 and 2020 drafts are good ones. Try to acquire draft picks from there and don't for any reason trade your own picks. If you can get a top 2 pick in either year, you'll get a stud player. Dahlin will be a stud as well. And I think Samsonov will be as well. You have good players up front. You need patience.