Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Lucic to Have Hearing for Roughing up Bolts Joseph

Dobber Sports Ninja

Thumbs down Lucic to Have Hearing for Roughing up Bolts Joseph

https://www.msn.com/en-ca/sports/nhl...cid=spartandhp

What a joke. Lucic got 2 for interference, 2 for roughing and a 10 minute misconduct. Perfect. End of story. It should be entertaining to see how many hearings there will be by the end of the season if this is the standard. Am I just being a blowhard dinosaur?
    "For I am a sinner in the hands of an angry God. Bloody Mary, full of vodka, blessed are you among cocktails. Pray for me now and at the hour of my death, which I hope is soon. Amen." - Sterling Archer

"Don't spray that urine on my sons window. If you want a dollar for doing nothing, walk to Canada." - Malory Archer

“Anyone who thinks the pen is mightier than the sword has not been stabbed with both.” - Lemony Snicket

Dobber Sports Ninja

Default Re: Lucic to Have Hearing for Roughing up Bolts Joseph

https://ca.sports.yahoo.com/news/rep...170740951.html

Okay, maybe my newsfeed is feeding me old news....Lucic received the max fine allowable ($10K) for his actions. Pocket change for these guys, so whatever.
    "For I am a sinner in the hands of an angry God. Bloody Mary, full of vodka, blessed are you among cocktails. Pray for me now and at the hour of my death, which I hope is soon. Amen." - Sterling Archer

"Don't spray that urine on my sons window. If you want a dollar for doing nothing, walk to Canada." - Malory Archer

“Anyone who thinks the pen is mightier than the sword has not been stabbed with both.” - Lemony Snicket

Dobber Sports Deity

Im almost wishing he got to sit out a few games to give someone else a chance in his spot LOL!
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Ninja

Quote Originally Posted by Axeman33 View Post
    Im almost wishing he got to sit out a few games to give someone else a chance in his spot LOL!
    Sacrilege Axe! If only someone could have possibly warned us fans that the Lucic contract would be a salary cap anchor a couple of years after the signing, but who would have ever thought that his game would fall off like this? Okay, I'm still optimistic he can bring some playoff toughness (without the suspensions) and protection...hey, gotta have hope.

Dobber Sports Deity

Quote Originally Posted by The Comish View Post
    Sacrilege Axe! If only someone could have possibly warned us fans that the Lucic contract would be a salary cap anchor a couple of years after the signing, but who would have ever thought that his game would fall off like this? Okay, I'm still optimistic he can bring some playoff toughness (without the suspensions) and protection...hey, gotta have hope.
    I know, as an Oilers fan I shouldn't be criticizing the team but I have to call a spade a spade when I see it. Todays game is all about speed and Lucic doesn't bring that. I'd love to see some of the faster kids get a shot in his place if only for a few games just to see.

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Guru

Remember when Max Domi got five preseason games for punching Ekblad, but Lucic and Marchand have done the same thing in the regular season and get nothing. Although this punch wasn't the same, he slashed the guy and ran him down.

Dobber Sports Grand Master

Quote Originally Posted by The Comish View Post
    Yes I wonder who could have seen that coming?

Dobber Sports Titan

Quote Originally Posted by rataylor22 View Post
    Mr Magoo saw it coming.
    12 Team, H2H, Keep 6 (in Bold)
    G, A, Pts, PPP, FW, SOG, Hits, Blocks
    W, Saves, S%, GAA, Game Started
    2C, 2LW, 2RW, 4D, 1Util, 2G, 5BN, 2IR, 1IR+, 1NA

C: Horvat, Trocheck
    LW: J. Robertson, Byfield (C), Guenther
    RW: Pavelski (C), Giroux (C), Svechnikov (LW)
    D: Fox, Makar, Bouchard, Morrissey, Gudas
    Util: Meier (LW, RW)
    G: Oettinger, Georgiev, Samsonov, Woll

Dobber Sports Ninja

lol, yes it was you who I was thinking about when I wrote that!!

Dobber Sports Deity

Quote Originally Posted by 2014olympicgold View Post
    Mr Magoo saw it coming.
    MrMagoo_6559.jpg

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

Stupid call by DOPS with a 10k$
    Where is the limit now if you don't have minimum 1 game of suspension when you chase a guy and punch him when he is on the ice?

IMO, it is clearly more dirty than the Domi/Ekblad saga
    10 Keepers Salary Cap League (96,025,000M Cap - Players CAP-HIT)
    8 Teams / 12 FW, 6 D, 1G, 4 Scratches
    +6 ELC contracts (farm)

F: 1xG + 1xA
    D: 2xG + 1xA
    G: 2xW + 1xOTL + 1xSO

F: Hintz, J. Hughes, Schmaltz, Zacha, Hyman, Novak, Hartman, Stamkos, Knies, Marchessault, Konecny, Monahan,
    D: Heiskanen, Andersson, Sergachev, Mintyukov, Addison, Guhle

G: Shesterkin

Scratch : Dach, Wheeler, Eklund,
    Lundkvist
    FARM : Edvinsson, Stankoven, Kulich, Musty, Leonard, Hutson

Dobber Sports Grand Master

Quote Originally Posted by ACC90 View Post
    Stupid call by DOPS with a 10k$
    Where is the limit now if you don't have minimum 1 game of suspension when you chase a guy and punch him when he is on the ice?

IMO, it is clearly more dirty than the Domi/Ekblad saga
    There are only a few differences between this and Bertuzzi/Moore.

I don't really think the league wants to go back to a time where this is a regular occurrence. Eventually it will end badly again.

Dobber Sports Ninja

A good discussion on this from Tim & Sid:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sNufdLrZSBc

Administrator

I think the ref should get a $10k fine for missing the original call and Lucic should be sitting for a couple (clearly premeditated). Maybe the Oilers win more games in his absence.

Contact me for Frozen Tools bug reports and inquiries
    Follow Frozen Tools on Twitter @FrozenTools
    Follow me on Twitter @DH_EricDaoust

Dobber Sports Pro

There are only a few differences between this and Bertuzzi/Moore.
    The biggest differences being that no punches were thrown at Joseph, let alone a hay-maker sucker punch from behind like Bertuzzi did, nor was he slammed head first into the ice like a bad wrestling move. Lucic gave him a lil cuff to the helmet with the back of his glove. Thats hardly a punch. Much less likely to hurt someone then what Domi and Marchand have done in the last 5 weeks.
    The fact Joseph was immediately up to his feet smiling tells you just how easy Lucic went on him, he could have really hurt him if he wanted, and had he it would have been a major suspension.