Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread: Sens Players Caught on Uber Camera

Dobber Sports Initiate

Default Re: Sens Players Caught on Uber Camera

Quote Originally Posted by Rylant View Post
    A bunch of overachieving young adults think they know better than their bosses. Nothing new here. Just out of curiosity, how would a leaked tape of the coaches in a “private” conversation among themselves about the players look any different? I am willing to bet it would be just as bad...

Rylant
    That's a good point.

Dobber Sports Sage

A bunch of overachieving young adults think they know better than their bosses. Nothing new here. Just out of curiosity, how would a leaked tape of the coaches in a “private” conversation among themselves about the players look any different? I am willing to bet it would be just as bad...

Rylant
    I'd bet it would be worse. Good point.

Everyone needs to be aware of the world we live in now. Treat everything in public as though it's being video/audio recorded. It's a tough and embarrassing lesson but the earlier they learn it the better off they'll be. Goes for everyone. We can sit here and post blame but I teach my kids to take ownership of their actions, I would blame no one but myself if I was one of those kids in the car and learn from it.
    Set roster weekly in H2H (Mon to Sun) - 16 Teams - start 6F, 3D, and 1G per week - Keep 2

Points: 2 G / 2 A / 1 PPG / 1 PPA / 1 Hat Trick / 1 SHG / 1 SHA / 1 GWG - 3 Goalie Win / 2 Goalie Loss in SO or OT / 5 goalie SO

Forwards:
    C. McDavid, N. Kucherov, R. O'Reilly, J. Schwartz, J. Toews, J. Huberdeau, T. Toffoli, M. Granlund

Defense:
    B. Burns, J. Klingberg, R. Josi, J. Slavin

Goalie:
    J. Binnington

IR (2 max):

Big Daddy

Anyone think we’ll see some healthy scratches as punishment?

Dobber Sports Star

Quote Originally Posted by DusterDave View Post
    Anyone think we’ll see some healthy scratches as punishment?
    I am willing to bet the harshest punishment you will see out of this is a difficult practice. And maybe an awkward moment the next time the players and coaches meet.

Rylant

Dobber Sports Supreme Grand Master

Rylant

Well said!

Any of you ever been on the wrong end of a 9-2 thrashing? Any of you been on a losing team? Any of you been part of a long losing streak?

Any of you went to the bar with teammates in the midst of any of the above? I am confident that the conversations wasn't all positive.

Dobber Sports Titan

Rylant
    I'm sure the coaches are also complaining about the players thinking what they are preaching should work if the players are executing what is asked.

I may be a bit sensitive on when people say, "Oh it's the youth thinking they know better", well we see time and time again if you don't adjust in sports you're not going to succeed. If the Senators are 31st out of 31 teams in PK over the last 18months, and (from what we can gather that the one side is saying) the coaches aren't changing their strategy, maybe it's the coaching staff.

Could very well be the coaches thinking they know better than advanced metrics and the players could have been preaching, begging to have stuff change. Could be something where if the players execute what is asked tho, that PK improves. We don't know enough of the situation to blame these guys.

Will point out Duchene is going out with the young players of the team, he is, in the wrong way, bonding with the team. Positive spin there? If anything this will bring to light an issue that the players and coaches might never have discussed.
    12 Team, H2H, Keep 6 (in Bold)
    G, A, Pts, PPP, FW, SOG, Hits, Blocks
    W, Saves, S%, GAA, Game Started
    2C, 2LW, 2RW, 4D, 1Util, 2G, 5BN, 2IR, 1IR+, 1NA

C: Horvat, Trocheck
    LW: J. Robertson, Byfield (C), Guenther
    RW: Pavelski (C), Giroux (C), Svechnikov (LW)
    D: Fox, Makar, Bouchard, Morrissey, Gudas
    Util: Meier (LW, RW)
    G: Oettinger, Georgiev, Samsonov, Woll

Dobber Sports Grand Master

Of all the things happening around the Sens, this seems like not a big deal. They didn't even really say anything bad. They said their penalty kill sucks (which it does), they give up a lot of shots (which they do), and their video sessions aren't constructive (I'd imagine most players hate video sessions even if they are instructive). Meh.

Uber driver will be fired (as he should), potentially sued (depends on Arizona state law), and the Uber CEO blamed the media lol.

Dobber Sports Titan

Quote Originally Posted by rataylor22 View Post
    Of all the things happening around the Sens, this seems like not a big deal. They didn't even really say anything bad. They said their penalty kill sucks (which it does), they give up a lot of shots (which they do), and their video sessions aren't constructive (I'd imagine most players hate video sessions even if they are instructive). Meh.

Uber driver will be fired (as he should), potentially sued (depends on Arizona state law), and the Uber CEO blamed the media lol.
    Could actually help the Sens improve their PK at the end of all of this haha. Brings to light an issue the players see but the coaches might not, or visa-versa.

Dobber Sports Genius

Rylant
    I agree, conversations about being frustrated with different groups happen in every work place from every part of the heiarchy.

These players didn’t say anything “bad”, like slander etc. It’s really a not story other than finding it slightly humorous.
    10 team full keeper roto 4C/LW/RW,6D,2G

G,A,P,+/-,PIM,SOG,GWG,PPP,SHP,Hit,Blk,FOW
    W,GAA,SV,SV%,SHO

C-Aho,Couturier,Matthews,O'Reilly
    LW-Ehlers,Giroux,Panarin,Rust
    RW-Kucherov,Palmieri,Pastrnak,Wilson
    D-Burns,Carlson,Gudas,Josi,Nurse,Pietrangelo
    G-Fleury,F.Andersen,Markstrom
    BN-Zacha

Under 250 gp farm
    Beaucage,Berggren,Bokk,Brisson,Chytil,Dugan,Foerst er,Foote,Frost,Grewe,K.Johnson,Lindblom,Mikheyev,N ybeck,Peterka,Pospisil,Protas,Ranta,Raty,Stankoven ,Suzuki,Tuomaala
    Alexeyev,Brook,Foote,Graves,Poirier,Sanderson,Seid er,Wilde,Woo,Zamula
    Berdin,Brossoit,Commesso,Ersson,Husso,Knight,Koche tkov,Lafontaine,Oettinger,Primeau,Sandstrom,Stolar z,Ustimenko,Vladar

Dobber Sports Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by rataylor22 View Post

Nailed it.

They didn't bring up any info that you couldn't find on the NHL's "team statistics" page, aside from their PK coach allegedly not teaching them anything.
    16 Team - Keep 5 - H2H Points
    Start: 2C/2LW/2RW/4D/2G - 4Bench
    G/A(1.25) STP(1.5) GWG(3) SOG(0.25) H(0.2) Blks(0.25) +/-(0.25) PIM(0.1) FOW(0.1)

C: Malkin, Kopitar, Hartman, Johansen
    LW: Ovechkin, Pacioretty, Barbashev (C)
    RW: Rust, Mangiapane (LW), Rodrigues (LW)
    D: DeAngelo, Karlsson, Faulk, Morrisey, Myers
    G: A. Forsberg, Price, Reimer, Holtby

Dobber Sports Titan

Mark Stone said they dealt with this before the video was released, wonder how...

Dobber Sports Ninja

Quite honestly, I think this should only be looked at as a positive for the players, and not a negative.

You're talking about a group of drunk 20 year old professional athletes out for a night on the town, and they're talking about their penalty kill? I dunno maybe I'm trying to hard to spin it in a positive light but all it shows me is that they care and they're bothered by the fact that their team is garbage, and that they're frustrated with the system they're playing that they don't feel is working.

Reminds me of that scene from Miracle, where the players were pointing out hot girls in the stands while they were on the bench in the middle of a game, and Herb Brooks lost his shit. These guys are doing the opposite - supposed to be out to have fun but instead are venting their frustration about their game.

If Marty Raymond has any smarts, he'll try to use this as an opportunity to develop a connection with his players, who clearly don't feel one with him. The worst thing he can do here is act like a donkey to all these guys because of what was said. Take the high road, use the opportunity presented to you.

Oh and yeah, whoever leaked this video is a scumbag.
    Goalies: If I'm pickin em you best be sittin em!

Dobber Sports Padawan

lol this is amazing

Dobber Sports Recruit

I agree !

Dobber Sports Master

Quote Originally Posted by newfcollins View Post
    I am not sure about U.S. laws, but in Canada, you can record any conversation as long as one person in the conversation knows the conversation is being taped.
    That's not entirely true.. They have to provide consent in some form. Now, there is undoubtedly a consent agreement when you sign up to Uber, but it isn't for every purpose, it is for a specific safety purpose.

And just because everyone has phones and Alexa and Amazon are listening it doesn't mean privacy is dead or should be dead. Quite the contrary and government watchdogs have been warning for years, and recently that we have to take measures to stop this. This is TMZ bullshit..

And for the driver in AZ, I am sure he made money. Otherwise, why give it to the papers? What do you care about the Ottawa Senators if you live in AZ?

I don't like this one bit. It upsets me quite a bit. Me venting to my wife should not be recorded by the lamps on my night-tables and released to the Ottawa Citizen or TSN.

And if it is, this is a bone I have to pick with the media as well. An ethical outlet would have refused to publish this obvious breach of privacy.. but this shows no scruples. Citizen and TSN became TMZ here and it is shameful.
    Blades of Steel
    9 Team Full Keeper - Pts Only (G,A,W,SO)

Crosby, Wheeler, Bergeron, Forsberg, Connor, Kopitar, E.Lindholm, Pastrnak, DeBrincat, Fiala
    Jones, Klingberg, Hamilton, Theodore, Letang
    Saros, Shesterkin
    Garland, Vrana, Bjorkstrand, Verhaege, Backstrom, Karlsson, Perunovich, Spurgeon, Pulock, Hellebuyck