Thread: Barzal/Schmaltz for Aho/Nylander

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Default Barzal/Schmaltz for Aho/Nylander

Hi all,

Posted an earlier version of the offer last week, but it's been re-worked and in my eyes the offer is much better (was Laine for aho/nylander before).

Points only, 10 keepers.

I'd give up the Aho/Nylander side plus a 5th for the Barzal/Schmaltz side and a 12th. Barzals on a low right now and Ahos on a high, really not sure how long this can be maintained. Thoughts? Is it still not enough or is it worth it now? Cheers!
    - Keeper League / 10 Keepers / 1 PT per G or A / 2 PT per W - 2 PT per SO -

F: Rantanen, Monahan, Barkov, Aho, Wheeler, Keller, Nylander J. Hughes, Reinhart. W. Karlsson, Konecny, Rust, E. Staal, Killorn, Getzlaf,
    D: Krug, Gustafsson, Provorov, Morrissey, DeAngelo
    G: Andersen, Jarry, Rittich, Murray

Dobber Sports Padawan

Default Re: Barzal/Schmaltz for Aho/Nylander

I'd say the deal is fairly even now, assuming that Nylander is back by December 1 (otherwise he can't play all season). If you decide to offer it and the other owner rejects, then I wouldn't make any further offers to this particular owner.
    Follow me on Twitter @Ian_Gooding

Dobber Sports Prodigy

The Barzal owner was the offerer so the ball is in my court. Also giving a 5 for 12 next year becomes a 3 for 12 if Nylander dont sign..

My real concern is the long term output, Aho will be centering Svech and TT long term while Barzal has less to work with (Lee/Bailey/Beauvillier but they arent on the same level). Is that a concern I should be considering do you feel?

Thanks!
    Last edited by Tanknation; October 29, 2018 at 12:54 AM. Reason: Adding on text

Dobber Sports Padawan

Quote Originally Posted by Tanknation View Post
    The Barzal owner was the offerer so the ball is in my court. Also giving a 5 for 12 next year becomes a 3 for 12 if Nylander dont sign..

My real concern is the long term output, Aho will be centering Svech and TT long term while Barzal has less to work with (Lee/Bailey/Beauvillier but they arent on the same level). Is that a concern I should be considering do you feel?

Thanks!
    Yeah, that's at least a minor concern. I think I'd counteroffer then. Sounds like the other owner is trying to buy Nylander for a bit of a discount.
    Follow me on Twitter @Ian_Gooding

Dobber Sports Veteran

The deal seems fair, but if I'm in your shoes, I wouldn't do it.
    Devils & Predators fan

Dobber Sports Jedi

I think the upside of Nylander over Schmaltz is larger than Barzal over Aho. I'd either - keep what you have - replace Nylander with a slightly lesser piece - or get a bump on Schmaltz
    Follow me on twitter: @doylelb4

Dobber Sports Novice

there is no way I do this trade if I were you.... on top of giving up a 5th rounder!!!! giving up way too much value

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

I think we are just beginning to see what aho is truly capable of. I would put him on pretty equal footing with barzal. That leaves scmslt for nylander. Not a huge schmaltz fan when comparing him to nylander. I would hold.

Your getting a first and 2nd line center in exchange for a first line center who also plays wing and another first line winger