Page 22 of 36 FirstFirst ... 12 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 32 ... LastLast

Thread: Raptors

Dobber Sports Supreme Grand Master

Default Re: Raptors

Any word on Lowry?

I am hoping they pulled him as precautionary... because the Raptors had that series no problemo.
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

​​

Dobber Sports Titan

Quote Originally Posted by PenguinHunter View Post
    Any word on Lowry?

I am hoping they pulled him as precautionary... because the Raptors had that series no problemo.
    Sprained ankle. No word on Thursday availability.
    12 Team, H2H, Keep 6 (in Bold)
    G, A, Pts, PPP, FW, SOG, Hits, Blocks
    W, Saves, S%, GAA, Game Started
    2C, 2LW, 2RW, 4D, 1Util, 2G, 5BN, 2IR, 1IR+, 1NA

C: Horvat, Trocheck
    LW: J. Robertson, Byfield (C), Guenther
    RW: Pavelski (C), Giroux (C), Svechnikov (LW)
    D: Fox, Makar, Bouchard, Morrissey, Gudas
    Util: Meier (LW, RW)
    G: Oettinger, Georgiev, Samsonov, Woll

Is there no re-seeding in NBA? Is this new this year?

Or is the NBA just writing off Orlando.
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

​​

Administrator

Is there no re-seeding in NBA? Is this new this year?

Or is the NBA just writing off Orlando.
    No re-seeding, the NBA always has a bracket format. It's why you often hear about teams jockeying or even tanking to skew their bracket position. Back when they had division winners as the top-3 seeds in each conference, I think Denver tanked from 5 to 6 for a more favourable matchup, kind of like that one time Atlanta made the NHL playoffs. Bottom line, it's always a bracket, similar to NCAA March Madness.
    Follow me on Twitter@SteveLaidlaw

https://image.ibb.co/k3o8Sa/dobber_banner_sig.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by metaldude26 View Post
    No re-seeding, the NBA always has a bracket format. It's why you often hear about teams jockeying or even tanking to skew their bracket position. Back when they had division winners as the top-3 seeds in each conference, I think Denver tanked from 5 to 6 for a more favourable matchup, kind of like that one time Atlanta made the NHL playoffs. Bottom line, it's always a bracket, similar to NCAA March Madness.
    Interesting. I guess I just always assumed when I saw the bracket that it was re-seeded. I never really play attention to anything outside the Raptors.

Whats everyone thinking about their odds to beat the Celtics?

​​

Administrator

Interesting. I guess I just always assumed when I saw the bracket that it was re-seeded. I never really play attention to anything outside the Raptors.

Whats everyone thinking about their odds to beat the Celtics?
    Poor. There's a good reason Boston won the regular season matchup 3-1, including a thumping of the Raptors in the bubble. Jayson Tatum has hit another level and is the best player in the series, which is always a tough hurdle.

Dobber Sports Titan

Quote Originally Posted by metaldude26 View Post
    Poor. There's a good reason Boston won the regular season matchup 3-1, including a thumping of the Raptors in the bubble. Jayson Tatum has hit another level and is the best player in the series, which is always a tough hurdle.
    Especially with Lowry on a sprained ankle.
    Well if the Raps bench scores 100 every game they'll be fine
    Associate Editor for DobberHockey (Wednesdays). Click that Ramblings button on the the menu bar!
    (No I don't have a hockey problem...)

Dobber Sports Ninja

Quote Originally Posted by Eskimo Brother View Post
    Especially with Lowry on a sprained ankle.
    Well if the Raps bench scores 100 every game they'll be fine
    So you're saying there's a chance! That's all I need.

Dobber Sports Titan

With Lowry, Raps are favourites, I'd say a 6-7 game series.

Without Lowry...I would say Celtics win the series but I would have no idea how long the series would go. Could be a 4-1 series for Celtics, but all 5 games tight. But Raps could win 4-1 in the same scenario. This series will be straight up awesome to watch.

Celtics are good. But honestly, the Raps with Nurse are an insane team to coach against. Could very well be the difference makers in this series, the coaches. But any teams kryptonite is a hot player, and Tatum is it. Nurse needs to game plan against him right now and with no Lowry...that'll be tough.

Quote Originally Posted by 2014olympicgold View Post
    With Lowry, Raps are favourites, I'd say a 6-7 game series.

Without Lowry...I would say Celtics win the series but I would have no idea how long the series would go. Could be a 4-1 series for Celtics, but all 5 games tight. But Raps could win 4-1 in the same scenario. This series will be straight up awesome to watch.

Celtics are good. But honestly, the Raps with Nurse are an insane team to coach against. Could very well be the difference makers in this series, the coaches. But any teams kryptonite is a hot player, and Tatum is it. Nurse needs to game plan against him right now and with no Lowry...that'll be tough.
    I really hope Lowry is healthy and that the Raps can pull this one off. Would love to see them go all the way again.

​​

The Raptors are discussing boycotting games to make a further statement after the recent police shooting in the states.

​​

Dobber Sports Ninja

The Raptors are discussing boycotting games to make a further statement after the recent police shooting in the states.
    Yeah, that will help bring about change to policing in the U.S. The Raptors are the least noticed team in the U.S. Boycott the entire playoffs and it will change nothing.
    "For I am a sinner in the hands of an angry God. Bloody Mary, full of vodka, blessed are you among cocktails. Pray for me now and at the hour of my death, which I hope is soon. Amen." - Sterling Archer

"Don't spray that urine on my sons window. If you want a dollar for doing nothing, walk to Canada." - Malory Archer

“Anyone who thinks the pen is mightier than the sword has not been stabbed with both.” - Lemony Snicket

Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by The Comish View Post
    Yeah, that will help bring about change to policing in the U.S. The Raptors are the least noticed team in the U.S. Boycott the entire playoffs and it will change nothing.
    Their hearts are in the right place and are talking about doing it along with their Celtic opponents. I believe some players from the Warriors and Clippers have expressed regret for deciding to play the night of the Donald Sterling tapes being revealed when they could have taken a major stand. I'm not going to toss shade at anyone seizing their stage to address issues of great concern to them no matter how big or small their stage may be.

Dobber Sports Deity

Quote Originally Posted by The Comish View Post
    Sad and true at the same time.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Titan

FVF came out and said it would be good if Milwaukee's Owner/GM did the same.