Thread: Ferland vs. Bjugstad - who ya got?

The Great One

Default Ferland vs. Bjugstad - who ya got?

I know that Ferland has been covered extensively this week, so this might seem like yet another article that might not add anything beyond what you've already read. But I think this is the deepest dive on him as yet, and it delves into what I think is a very key issue which is Ferland's start to 2017-18 and how this season is similar. The question is whether he'll see his production drop like a stone as it did last season or whether he's a "new man" who can keep up a higher scoring pace over the long haul. Then there's Bjugstad, who escaped the doghouse last season to find himself on a line with Barkov and Dadonov, where he is again this season. Yet once again he's on PP2, which is an even worse situation this season given how Florida has taken to using five forwards on its top PP. So who's the better own? Give the column a read and come back here to discuss:

https://dobberhockey.com/hockey-home...nick-bjugstad/
    DobberHockey Senior Writer (columnist since 2012)
    Click here to read my weekly "Roos Lets Loose" columns, going live every Wednesday morning and consisting of a rotating schedule of a "forum buzz" column, a fantasy hockey mailbag, a tournament/poll, and an edition of Goldipucks and the Three Skaters: https://dobberhockey.com/category/ho...key-rick-roos/

Dobber Sports Deity

Default Re: Ferland vs. Bjugstad - who ya got?

Good read, and I agree with your conclusion that it's a tough one to read.

For those in cap leagues, Ferland is a bargain right now but coming into UFA after this year, that could change quickly especially if he keeps up playing like he has been. As long as he stays in that $4M range (similar to Bjugstad's current long term deal) then I still like him a lot too.

Based on salary, I prefer Ferland right now, but as I say, that could quickly change. If you aren't in cap leagues, it's even harder to determine. Most of my leagues ARE cap leagues so that's why I tend to lean that way.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."