Thread: Trading top forwards for Vasi

Dobber Sports Novice

Default Trading top forwards for Vasi

Gm who owns Vasi in my league is in need of a top forwards and has come to me asking if i would be willing to trade one (Tyler Seguin is the forward he wants) in a deal that would include Vasi (his most valuable player) his only striking forward he has is taylor hall and is in a spot where he would be willing to trade Vasi for a forward but the question is, is it worth it to trade a top scorer and more for a top goalie? To get a goalie like vast i would probably be giving up Seguin +, or are goalie cats to random and risky to try and risk top players for? what are your thoughts and should i take him up on his offer and try to end up with two top goalies?
    H2H-12 Teams- Keep 6
    There are no set positions, set starters daily.
    Start 6 forwards, 4 defence, 2 G and 1 utility player(Forward or Defence).

Stats:
    Forwards: G,A,PPP, PIMS,SOG,HITS,BLK,
    Goalies: W, GAA, SV, SV%

My Team:

Forwards: Mackinnon, Kaprizov, B. Tkachuk, Zegras ,Stephenson, D. Brown, RNH, Bennett, Zib, Matthews
    Defense: Makar, Drysdale, Graves, Lindell, Morrissey
    Goalies: Vasilevskiy, Koskinen, Swayman

Dobber Sports Deity

Default Re: Trading top forwards for Vasi

I guess it depends on what the actual offer is, rather than just Seguin +.

In a keep six league, I guess you have to ask yourself if you want to keep Vasilevsky along with Hellebuyck. You do start 2G daily and you'd certainly have the goalie thing locked down for years with these two if you made this deal. How many teams keep 2G? Is there normally another quality starter available for redrafting? Only you know this information.

I have no issues dealing Seguin + for Vasilevskiy but it would all depend on the + part of the offer. Until we really know that, it's hard to recommend anything.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, SBennett

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Novice

The offer he wants to start with is:
    I give: seguin,draisaitl,kinkaid and a 5th
    I get:Vasi,Brayden point,Jeff carter and a 12th.

The best goalie that has been available for redraft are goalies like varlamov and Talbot.

Dobber Sports Deity

Hmm, tough one. This would be a great time to sell high on Kinkaid, especially with Schneider not far from returning to NHL action. I hate moving out Draisaitl but getting Point back would be a decent fetch for you too.

I'd counter by taking the draft picks out and see how far that gets you.

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, SBennett

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Novice

He says he won’t trade him away without doing that deal. Losing a player like Vasi would be detrimental to his team and goalies.

Dobber Sports Deity

Well he cant be that worried about losing Vasilevskiy if he's willing to do this deal. If he is really that worried about trading him away (detrimental), why is he? LOL!

Either way, what do you have for draft picks? Is that 5th round pick a big loss? I'd try and make up some ground if it was me. A 5th down to a 12th is pretty steep considering you are giving up two extremely valuable forwards. I'd try and renegotiate the pick situation. Try and get them closer together by either dropping down from a 5th to a lower round and getting his 12th, or by sending him your 5th but you moving up a few rounds.

Dobber Sports Sophomore

I trade Seguin for Vasi in a heartbeat. There are 30 starting goalies in the league, maybe 3-4 of whom are elite. Elite skaters come and go, but goalies just once in a blue moon. Having your goalie situation locked up allows you to be so much more flexible with the other positions, while having an inconsistent goalie setup can ruin you. For context, I turned down a Kucherov for my Vasi deal.

Dobber Sports Novice

Lol believe me I told him that, although he said he’s willing to trade him but never said the price would be cheap. He just needs a top forward and I have a pile of them lol. Good goalies are a bit overvalued in our league which is a bit annoying and why I’m trying to get my hands on two goalies worth keeping. With two young goalies I won’t have to worry about trying to draft/ find good goalies after this.

Doesn’t sound like he’s willing to budge on the picks or anything to much.

Dobber Sports Novice

The two offers are now:

Draisaitl, seguin, kinkaid and a 3rd
    For
    Horvat, Keller, carter, Vasi and a 7th

OR

Draisaitl, seguin, kinkaid and a 5th
    For
    Carter, point, Vasi and a 10th

Dobber Sports Sophomore

Quote Originally Posted by topcorns91 View Post
    The two offers are now:

Draisaitl, seguin, kinkaid and a 3rd
    For
    Horvat, Keller, carter, Vasi and a 7th

OR

Draisaitl, seguin, kinkaid and a 5th
    For
    Carter, point, Vasi and a 10th
    Take the first offer. I think we both agree that Vasi > Seguin. Keller = Draisatl as far as I'm concerned, and the rest are just throw-ins.

Dobber Sports Novice

Quote Originally Posted by Jyeatbvg View Post
    Take the first offer. I think we both agree that Vasi > Seguin. Keller = Draisatl as far as I'm concerned, and the rest are just throw-ins.

Thank you and Axeman33 thank you as well!