Thread: Suspension Upcoming? Andrew Copp

Dobber Sports Icon

Default Suspension Upcoming? Andrew Copp

When is the DOPS going to announce a 2 game suspension to Andrew Copp for interference/unsportsmanlike conduct for the play in this article?

https://oilersnation.com/2018/10/19/...-caggiulaless/

Copp was just embarrassed when Caggiula skated right by him. Copp then forcefully threw Caggiula to the ground causing an injury. It was both interference and unsportsmanlike and was pretty much identical to what Mike Matheson did to Elias Pettersen except Pettersen was the puck carrier when the hit started and Caggiula never touched the puck.

It's time to be consistent for the first time ever NHL DOPS.

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

Default Re: Suspension Upcoming? Andrew Copp

IMO, Matheson didn't deserve a suspension.
    It's worst with Copp... it's just an interference call.

But like you said, they created a "precedent" with the suspension to Matheson and now players won't know what is wrong or right..
    It is ridiculous that now we are questionning every physical contact between 2 players.
    10 Keepers Salary Cap League (96,025,000M Cap - Players CAP-HIT)
    8 Teams / 12 FW, 6 D, 1G, 4 Scratches
    +6 ELC contracts (farm)

F: 1xG + 1xA
    D: 2xG + 1xA
    G: 2xW + 1xOTL + 1xSO

F: Hintz, J. Hughes, Schmaltz, Zacha, Hyman, Novak, Hartman, Stamkos, Knies, Marchessault, Konecny, Monahan,
    D: Heiskanen, Andersson, Sergachev, Mintyukov, Addison, Guhle

G: Shesterkin

Scratch : Dach, Wheeler, Eklund,
    Lundkvist
    FARM : Edvinsson, Stankoven, Kulich, Musty, Leonard, Hutson

Dobber Sports Superstar

Ha ha. Man, where are we going with all this? I don't think Matheson deserved a suspension and I don't think Copp deserves one here.

Matheson's was worse as he threw Pettersson directly into the ice, you can maybe argue one game for this one.

Here, Copp just kind of threw/twirled him around, not directly into the ice. It's an interference penalty for sure, but calling for a suspension is ridiculous.

Dobber Sports Ninja

Quote Originally Posted by Kofax View Post
    Ha ha. Man, where are we going with all this? I don't think Matheson deserved a suspension and I don't think Copp deserves one here.

Matheson's was worse as he threw Pettersson directly into the ice, you can maybe argue one game for this one.

Here, Copp just kind of threw/twirled him around, not directly into the ice. It's an interference penalty for sure, but calling for a suspension is ridiculous.
    Yeah, but Caggiula was also injured as a direct result of the play. Sure the Matheson dwarf toss looked pretty bad and I don't like to see players get hurt on dirty plays (which the Matheson play was), but the NHL actually suspended Matheson for what was probably just worthy of a penalty and maybe a fine in large part due to Peetteerrssoonn's (I never know which letters are double, so I made them all doubles) injury. So the question is, why no suspension for Copp? And yes, I think that was the point of this thread, to point out just how ridiculous suspensions for these kinds of plays are.

I don't believe Matheson should have been suspended, but hey, I get it, it looked bad and a great young player was seriously (damn concussions, you never know) hurt. I guess Caggiula isn't important enough to warrant a suspension.

I say all this kind of tongue in cheek, which is pretty much how I live my life.
    "For I am a sinner in the hands of an angry God. Bloody Mary, full of vodka, blessed are you among cocktails. Pray for me now and at the hour of my death, which I hope is soon. Amen." - Sterling Archer

"Don't spray that urine on my sons window. If you want a dollar for doing nothing, walk to Canada." - Malory Archer

“Anyone who thinks the pen is mightier than the sword has not been stabbed with both.” - Lemony Snicket

Dobber Sports Supreme Grand Master

Pettersson is a young star, thats why the suspension!!
    Zorro says "vote for Dobber"
    Angus is my best friend at dobberhockey..