Thread: Which combo of goalies nets the most amount of starts?

Dobber Sports Stud

Default Which combo of goalies nets the most amount of starts?

Hi all, this is for the league in my signature. We're only allowed to roster a max of 4 goalies. Goalie scoring categories are counting stats, and especially with the value of saves being so high, quantity of starts is equal to, if not more important, than quality of starts. Of the following options, which nets me the most about of starts this year:

1. Talbot + Koskinen + Vasilevskiy + Lehner
    2. Talbot + Vasilevskiy + Domingue + Lehner

Talbot & Vasi are obviously my starters, Lehner is too valuable right now to drop outright (he could be a starter, he could be a time share, he might be relegated to the backup...but dropping him outright until there's more clarity seems foolish). So it's really a choice between Koskinen or Domingue. I'm leaning towards option 1, because I think there's a greater chance Koskinen gets in more games than Domingue (Edmonton is not as good of a team, I'm assuming Talbot has a shorter leash after his performance last season, and I thought I read that Koskinen is the future in Edmonton's net, so I'm also assuming they play him more to see what they have in him). I guess saying it another way, Koskinen with, lets say 35+ starts, could help me more by providing me more games to play in, than Domingue, if he gets, say 15 starts.

Am I overthinking this too much, and should I just go with the better quality goalie in Domingue?
    12 Team Weekly H2H, Daily Lineups. Keep 7 + 1 Prospect (<164 NHL games).
    Scoring:
    PLAYER: G(3), A(2), D Pts(addt'l 0.7), +/-(0.5), PPP(addt'l 1), SHP(addt'l 0.5), SOG(0.4), BLK(0.8)
    GOALIE: W(2), GA(-1.5), Saves(0.3), SO(3)
    Positions - 3C, 2RW, 2LW, 4D, 2G, 5 Bench, 4 IR, 1 prospect

C - J Hughes(LW), Hintz, Malkin, Pinto
    LW - M Tkachuk(RW), Robertson
    RW - Rust, Necas, Zuccarello
    D - Makar, Fox, Bouchard, Roy, Krug
    G - Oettinger, Thompson, Wedgewood
    Prospect Keeper - L Hughes(D)
    IR - Hill(G)

2024 Picks - 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11

Dobber Sports Superstar

Default Re: Which combo of goalies nets the most amount of starts?

I would take Domingue over Koskinen. The Oilers believe themselves to be a playoff team and every game is important to their success, Koskinen was terrible in the little bit of time he was given during preseason. He should be in the AHL right now but has a no-movement clause. The Oilers cannot afford to waste any games and Talbot will be top-3 in the league in starts barring an injury. If Talbot is injured Montoya will be called up and could outplay Koskinen for starts during the time Talbot is down.

The Lightning know they are a good team and Vasi likes to start lots but does not need to start as many as Talbot does for team success. Domingue is also a capable backup and likely gets a few more games because of it. There is very little chance Koskinen gets over 15 starst in my mind.
    12 team H-2-H 1 year league, daily roster changes, 3 goalie start minimum/week
    2xC, 2xRW, 2xLW, 4xD, 3xUtil, 2xG, 5 Bench
    G, A, P, PIM, PPP, SHP, GWG, SOG, Hits, W, SV%, GAA, SVs
    C: C. Keller, C. Mittelstadt, B. Nelson, R. Strome,
    LW: K. Connor, B. Tkachuk, J. Gaudreau, J. Marchessault, E. Rodrigues, A. Lafreniere
    RW: K. Fiala, J. Bratt, T. Jeannot V. Arvidsson
    D: R. Josi, J. Trouba, E. Gustafsson,
    G: L. Thompson, F. Gustavsson, V. Vanecek
    NO IR

Dobber Sports Icon

option 2 for me as well.. Domingue is a capable BU with experience..
    ESPN Roto 10 team
    24 man roster (+3 IR) - Keep 20 - Daily settings
    Start 3C, 3LW, 3RW, 5D, 2G, 1UTIL
    G,A,PTS, +/-, PIM, PPA, PPG, D PTS - W, SV, SV%

C- Zegras, Suzuki, Carlsson
    RW- Batherson, Michkov, Quinn, Perfetti(C,LW), Foerster, Kakko
    LW- BTkachuk, Stutzle(C), Byfield(C), McTavish(C), Benson
    D- Mintyukov, Sanderson, LHughes, Clarke, Faber
    G- Wolf, Askarov, Wallstedt
    IR- Norris(C)
    IR- Fantilli(C)
    IR-

Picks in 2024/25 rounds 1,1,1,2
    Picks in 2025/26 rounds 1,1,3,4

Dobber Sports Pro

Quote Originally Posted by LawMan View Post
    I would take Domingue over Koskinen. The Oilers believe themselves to be a playoff team and every game is important to their success, Koskinen was terrible in the little bit of time he was given during preseason. He should be in the AHL right now but has a no-movement clause. The Oilers cannot afford to waste any games and Talbot will be top-3 in the league in starts barring an injury. If Talbot is injured Montoya will be called up and could outplay Koskinen for starts during the time Talbot is down.

The Lightning know they are a good team and Vasi likes to start lots but does not need to start as many as Talbot does for team success. Domingue is also a capable backup and likely gets a few more games because of it. There is very little chance Koskinen gets over 15 starst in my mind.
    Yes, agree.
    HTH Daily League, 8 teams, (goals, ppp, +/-, assists, SOG, W, GAA, SV%) keepers in Bold.

C (s3) EP40, ​Trocheck, Marchessault LW, Horvat

LW (s3) Johnny Hockey, Parise, Terivinen RW, Meier RW
    RW(s3) Wheeler C, Taresenko, Atkinson, Gallagher
    Until(s1)

D (s4) Carlson, Yandle, Jones, Trouba

G Dubnyk, Rittich, Markstrom, Binnington

IR Ehlers, Hall