Thread: weekly league player selection

Dobber Sports Rookie

Default weekly league player selection

Hi all, I'm curious how often people in weekly leagues swap out players that have less games. For example, This week Vegas plays twice and Florida plays once. So I have put Theodore in for Yandle to double the time played. I know this strategy can bite you and I'm sure some people never touch their starting lineup. I also have Barkov but he is staying in cause he's not nearly replaceable from my bench.

Dobber Sports Immortal

Default Re: weekly league player selection

I tend to do this later in the season. Doing it now is fine but you also don't really know who might have that breakout year yet.

Dobber Sports Sage

I do it almost every week. The more ice time a player gets the more likely he is to put numbers into your cats. You can't put up numbers if you aren't playing games.

I won't bench a star for one extra man game but I benched Yandle as well this week and debated between Faulk and Keith who both had 3 man games. I'll take either Keith of Faulk with 3 x the games over Yandle every single week but I'm not benching Crosby for a 2nd liner for an extra game or two. In weekly starts man games are often the difference maker in my league, I've checked and there is a direct correlation between man games and who wins the week.
    Set roster weekly in H2H (Mon to Sun) - 16 Teams - start 6F, 3D, and 1G per week - Keep 2

Points: 2 G / 2 A / 1 PPG / 1 PPA / 1 Hat Trick / 1 SHG / 1 SHA / 1 GWG - 3 Goalie Win / 2 Goalie Loss in SO or OT / 5 goalie SO

Forwards:
    C. McDavid, N. Kucherov, R. O'Reilly, J. Schwartz, J. Toews, J. Huberdeau, T. Toffoli, M. Granlund

Defense:
    B. Burns, J. Klingberg, R. Josi, J. Slavin

Goalie:
    J. Binnington

IR (2 max):

Dobber Sports Master

your right , sometimes it could bite you in the butt . i.e , benching a stud that has a two game week for a semi star that has 4 game week thinking you'll be ahead .

if you have a good handle on your players and how their teams are performing you can usually make the right decision a bit more often than not .