Page 6 of 32 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 16 ... LastLast

Thread: TRUMP

Dobber Sports Sage

Default Re: TRUMP

Quote Originally Posted by eyemissgilmour View Post
    for anyone interested, google "laziness is a trait in blacks"
    I did, because I highly doubt Trump (even if he actually IS a racist) would be dumb enough to say that quote.
    Sure enough, first hit I got... "Did Trump really say those things?" Washington Post July 2016

re: "Laziness is a trait in blacks"
    < This is a secondhand quote, something that someone has alleged that Trump said. So it should be viewed with some skepticism. >

FWIW, I think many people (who wrongly attribute stuff like that to Trump) have good intentions.
    But when you spread stuff as "actual quotes" without checking your facts, I can certainly understand why Trump gets defensive and makes all the "fake news" claims.

I debunked that laziness quote in about 20 seconds of research. I've said it before, there is plenty of actual truth to pin on Trump. Focus on THAT stuff instead of doubling down on BS which makes ALL of it seem questionable.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/...=.77f46846bc67
    I have to say it is utterly hilarious irony when an alt-right internet troll chooses to cite the Washington Post as his primary source in defending Trump. My question is why is the Washington Post correct on this one but every other story they print is wrong and "fake news?"

Dobber Sports Ninja

I mean, it's simple. Because it is not anti-Trump. You don't need to ask the question.

In a week where there are some very real concerns over Saudi Arabia murdering Jamal Khashoggi, Trump decides this is the week to make some jokes about Gianforte bodyslamming a member of the press ( https://twitter.com/axios/status/105...904064/video/1 ). And the people at the rally cheer as he does so. Now, it's easy to brush this stuff off as some joking banter in front of his base, but he is the President of the USA. What he says carries a lot of weight. A representative of the Republican party was charged with misdemeanor assualt for what he did to the press, and Trump has made it very clear that he considers many members of the press his enemy. This is not funny stuff. This is stuff that actual adults should be gravely concerned about, not cheering about.

This isn't a Trump issue. He's just the logical extension of the rot that exists in the United States. Are there good people who are supporters of the Republican party in the United States? Absolutely. But as long as they stay silent and don't come out against this sort of behaviour in their party, and in their leadership, they are no better than the moderate Muslim who stays silent while the radicals kill and destroy, or the moderate Christians who stay silent while the Christian fundamentalists look to try and setup a theocracy in the USA. If Republicans want respect from others then they need to start earning it. Start standing up against the hate and bigotry in the party. Start calling out the leadership when they refuse to behave like decent human beings. Clean up the mess in your own house if you want people to take you seriously.

Dobber Sports Ninja

Here you go, folks. Like I wrote earlier, tonnes of actual BS comes from Donald... no need to make stuff up.

https://www.politifact.com/personali.../false/?page=1 (plenty of pages, that's just a starting point)

This oughta get you all nice and frothy leading up to the impeachment.
    I mean, shouldn't this get you worked up as well? Shouldn't this get any reasonable individual worked up?

Dobber Sports Sage

It's all over the internet that the "laziness" quote is hearsay.
    If you have proof to the contrary, please feel free to POST AT LEAST ONE LINK THAT BACKS UP YOUR STANCE!!! I posted at least one and there are dozens. You posted ZERO.

It's utterly hilarious when someone comes on here to criticize 3rd party evidence presented and then presents NONE of his own! LOL
    You didn't answer the question. President Trump has repeatedly called the free press "the enemy of the people," and specifically has railed against the Post as one of the worst purveyors of fake news on the planet. So why is it that you, an alt-right internet troll, are citing the publication as an accurate source?

Dobber Sports Ninja

Not really, everybody lies. Especially politicians. Does Trump lie more than most? Possibly, maybe even probably. But I guess I'm just a glass-half-full kind of person. I prefer to focus on the positive.
    Hey, truth be told, his insistence on retooling NAFTA (to benefit Americans) ultimately hurts Canadians like me. I don't see many dairy farmers in the US cursing Donald these days...
    Well there you go. If you can't call out blatant lying then don't expect people to take your opinions on things seriously. You're part of the problem.

Dobber Sports Icon

Sticks and stones, young man.
    Btw, speaking of irony, if you want to slam someone like Trump on moral grounds, wouldn't it be prudent to change your clearly misogynistic forum image?
    When a leftist is misogynistic/racist etc, that's OK because it's the left. Those are tools to bash other people with, not rules they actually follow themselves. It's like religion.

Do as I say, not as I do.
    12 Team Dynasty, H2H (points)
    Dress 2C, 4W, 1F, 4D, 1G (Daily)
    G (3), A (2), STP (1), SHOG (1), +/- (0.5), SOG (0.2), Hits (0.2), Blk (0.2), FOW (0.1); W (5), SO (2), Sv (0.2), GA (-1)

C - Draisaitl (W), Hughes, Larkin, Trochek
    W - T.Thompson (C), Pastrnak, Reinhart, Nichushkin, Batherson, Sharangovich
    D - Dahlin, Theodore, Bouchard, Faber, Werenski, Skjei, Forsling
    G - Jarry, Gustavsson
    Fm - Bordeleau, Barlow, But, G.Perreault, Morrow, Perunovich, Nikishin

Dobber Sports Ninja

Both parties lie. And I'm not affiliated with either one of them. But I'm part of the problem? That's some beautiful left logic again right there.
    Yes, you are. If you don't think that we as people should aspire to tell the truth, then you are part of the problem in society.

Dobber Sports Icon

Both parties lie. And I'm not affiliated with either one of them. But I'm part of the problem? That's some beautiful left logic again right there.
    But they say you are, so you are. How dare you determine and express your own position!

"That's not your position, I'll tell you what your position is, you shut up."

Cue the name-calling, screaming and yelling, and tribal hubris.

NPC.jpg
    G (3), A (2), STP (1), SHOG (1), +/- (0.5), SOG (0.2), Hits (0.2), Blk (0.2), FOW (0.1); W (5), SO (2), Sv (0.2), GA (-1)

G - Jarry, Gustavsson

Dobber Sports Sage

Your kung-fu is weak, son.
    Still haven't answered the question. Now trying to change the subject. But I will play along. You havent advanced the ball past your own 20 yard line all day, so there's no harm in indulging you.
    The young woman in the photo, Nina Agdal, was paid millions of dollars for the image in question. Said image was published in the most popular sports magazine on the planet. Other than a few far left feminist groups, no one has objected to the widespread distribution of the image. Again, irony surfaces as you attempt to co-opt the grievances of a handful of fringe "SJWs" to score a point with your otherwise entirely useless offense. I havent laughed this much so early in the day in a while. Thanks.

Dobber Sports Ninja

Quote Originally Posted by PrairieDog View Post
    But they say you are, so you are. How dare you determine and express your own position!

"That's not your position, I'll tell you what your position is, you shut up."

Cue the name-calling and tribal hubris.
    Donald Trump lies continually (this was not in debate here), and eyemissgilmour has basically hand-waved the lying away. In my personal opinion that's part of the problem with our world. That's not tribalism (any one from any side can condone lying) and I didn't call him any names. I merely stated my opinion based on our discussion. I won't apologize for calling out issues with the way the world is and hoping that we can be better. I've lied and said/done a lot of dumb crap in my life, and I hope to change that. I guess I'm naive enough to hope others would want that change as well. Those who don't see it as an issue are a problem in society in my opinion.

Dobber Sports Ninja

Ok, Bill Maher. I didn't write any such thing.
    But, no worries, you can always use the rataylor trick where you quote me and change my words within the quote.
    I have zero idea what Bill Maher has to do with this. However, please clarify where I have misstated your opinion and I will gladly try to resume the discussion based on that updated information. Let's try and keep this discussion going and make some headway here.

Dobber Sports Icon

Quote Originally Posted by doulos View Post
    I merely stated my opinion based on our discussion. I won't apologize for calling out issues with the way the world is and hoping that we can be better. I've lied and said/done a lot of dumb crap in my life, and I hope to change that. I guess I'm naive enough to hope others would want that change as well. Those who don't see it as an issue are a problem in society in my opinion.
    Ah but who's truth is the acceptable one?

I don't disagree with eyemissgilmour, and I think a lot of the other side of the debate is creating it's own truths and attacking anyone who has an opposing view and is insidious enough to express it. It's bullying, censorship, bans, excommunication, etc in the name of tolerance and freedom. "

"Freedom and diversity is great as long as it conforms to what we call freedom and diversity". Any deviance from that narrative and whammo! "You're an alt-right racist woman-hater! We have free speech in this country, we love diversity, your opinions are not welcome and you should shut up."

That's the truth. People who don't see that are the problem in Western Civilisation.

G - Jarry, Gustavsson

Dobber Sports Ninja

Quote Originally Posted by PrairieDog View Post
    Ah but who's truth is the acceptable one?

I don't disagree with eyemissgilmour, and I think a lot of the other side of the debate is creating it's own truths and attacking anyone who has an opposing view and is insidious enough to express it. It's bullying, censorship, bans, excommunication, etc in the name of tolerance and freedom. "

"Freedom and diversity is great as long as it conforms to what we call freedom and diversity". Any deviance from that narrative and whammo! "You're an alt-right racist woman-hater! We have free speech in this country, we love diversity, your opinions are not welcome and you should shut up."

That's the truth. People who don't see that are the problem in Western Civilisation.
    Is this basically another form of 'You're asking me to be tolerant, but you're intolerant of intolerance, so therefore you're also intolerant?' I actually am quite shocked that multiple people are trying to downplay the importance of the United States of America, regardless of the party they represent, telling the truth on things. Like, in what universe is this idea controversial in any way?

Dobber Sports Ninja

Well, for starters... Where did I write anything even remotely close to "people should not aspire to tell the truth" ?!
    I didn't.
    Acknowledging that people, especially politicians, will lie is common sense. You're attributing some kind of malice to me just because I pointed that out. Pointing it out is not the same thing as condoning it.
    Okay, so then why can't you just say 'The President of the United States should tell the truth, and when he fails to do so, he needs to be better.' And if you can, then great! We can move forward in the discussion.

Dobber Sports All-Star

Here is another story on what 'Presidents Shouldn't Do'. Don't praise criminals publicly. This happened at a rally last night. He was praising a congressman who unprovokingly assualted a Guardian journalist in 2017. Like he really cares about the murder of Kashoggi. He will probably praise it as well.

It just doesn't end and never will because this is what got him elected and unfortunatley is a telling sign of a s%#&hole Trumps America is becoming. A shame.

?Gianforte is a criminal. He pled guilty to [assault]. The president is congratulating a criminal on committing a crime,? said the New York Times correspondent Binyamin Appelbaum on Twitter.

Trump?s comments ?mark the first time the president has openly and directly praised a violent act against a journalist on American soil,? added the New York Times reporter Sheryl Gay Stolberg.

Trump fondly reminisced about the physical assault that occurred on 24 May last year when Jacobs, the Guardian?s political correspondent, asked Gianforte a question about healthcare policy in the course of a special congressional election in Montana. At Thursday?s rally, Trump said that anyone who could perform a body-slam, as Gianforte did on Jacobs, was ?my guy?, and that news of the attack, which occurred the night before the special election, probably helped Gianforte win.
    Here is the full story.

https://www.msn.com/en-ca/news/polit...=mailsignoutmd