Page 25 of 32 FirstFirst ... 15 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 ... LastLast

Thread: TRUMP

Dobber Sports Ninja

Default Re: TRUMP

Quote Originally Posted by saucelife90 View Post
    The only alternative to a wall that has been presented was a moat with alligators. Literally the only thing.
    I wrote a whole post that gave some ideas on alternatives to the physical wall. Go back through the thread and you'll see it.

Dobber Sports Guru

Can't talk about solutions until the problem is clearly identified, articulated, researched and rooted.

Want to stop illegal immigrants? Wall doesn't help when most overstay their legally acquired Visas.
    Want to stop illegal drugs? Most come in transit--wall won't stop those.
    Want to stop terrorists from entering the country -- wall won't help, studies show that most threats come via airports (and some through the Northern border) already.

Want to create an expensive, economy-destroying monument to the worst president in US History? Sure. A wall will suffice.
    Points-only, Full Keeper Dynasty League
    Active roster (no starts, just total points): 12 FW, 6 D, 1 Goalie

Forwards: Kucherov, Barkov, Teravainen, Seguin, Hoffman, Lindholm, Gusev, Horvat, Meier, Perron, Schwartz, Johansen, Pavelski, Buchnevich, Hischier, Granlund, Bracco

Defense: Josi, Dahlin, Letang, Gostisbehere, Ekman-Larsson, Petry, Slavin, Keith, Matheson

Goal: Lehner, Holtby, Varlamov

Farm: Soderstrom, York, Woo, Tracey, Dorofeyev

Dobber Sports Grand Master

FWIW, provided it was wide enough, a heavily infested alligator moat would be far more effective than a wall. It's not really a great idea, but it also shows how simple it is to come up with literally anything better than a wall.

Dobber Sports Supreme Grand Master

Quote Originally Posted by rataylor22 View Post
    FWIW, provided it was wide enough, a heavily infested alligator moat would be far more effective than a wall. It's not really a great idea, but it also shows how simple it is to come up with literally anything better than a wall.
    Can i ask for explanation on how the alligator moat would be far more effective than a wall?

Going back to the prison analogy, alligators would be patrolling the moat far more often. They would catch and deter more people than a wall where all you need is a ladder. Again, it's not good. Just better. "better than a big wall" is a pretty low bar to clear.

Dobber Sports Sage

To those who think doing nothing is not an option, I say go read some books or something. Illegal immigration is obviously not a problem. Capitalists love people willing to work for less than the market rate. If you really want to stop it, dont build a wall. Build a large comfortable prison to house all of the employers who break the law and hire these people. This is an employer problem, not a worker problem, not a security problem. Until employers are disincentivized from hiring undoucumented immigrants at cut-rate wages, no wall is going to stop the flow.
    This is just another paradox that dumb right wingers will have to figure out. If the US Chamber of Commerce and the entire business community is constantly undermining efforts to curb the hiring of undocumented foreign workers, do you really think the Republican Party is going to oppose them? I havent seen a single example in my lifetime.
    So, what is the wall, really? Its a big, expensive stunt. Trump's base of dumbshit rural yokels are stupid enough to believe a wall will change things, so lets give them one. Then we can go back to them and say we delivered border security. The drugs will still flow unchecked through the various tunnels that will be dug. There arent any terrorists coming through the southern border, thats a fantasy, so no change there. As far as the wall goes towards keeping people out, it might have a slight effect, but it wont be long before Mexicans figure out how to steal a truck and ram it through the wall. Once this begins, the upkeep costs for the wall will skyrocket to the point that the original $5 billion cost will seem small. Havent seen any honesty out of Trump or his cronies in Congress about that little detail either.
    The reason why you cant stop drugs from coming in is the demand is very high. Unless you change the high demand for undocumented workers who can basically be treated like slaves, they will flow in as well. Since capitalists have no intention of doing this, the wall is a waste of time and money.

Dobber Sports Sage

Quote Originally Posted by PenguinHunter View Post
    Can i ask for explanation on how the alligator moat would be far more effective than a wall?

My first thought was because boats are more expensive and harder to come by than ladders.
    Set roster weekly in H2H (Mon to Sun) - 16 Teams - start 6F, 3D, and 1G per week - Keep 2

Points: 2 G / 2 A / 1 PPG / 1 PPA / 1 Hat Trick / 1 SHG / 1 SHA / 1 GWG - 3 Goalie Win / 2 Goalie Loss in SO or OT / 5 goalie SO

Forwards:
    C. McDavid, N. Kucherov, R. O'Reilly, J. Schwartz, J. Toews, J. Huberdeau, T. Toffoli, M. Granlund

Defense:
    B. Burns, J. Klingberg, R. Josi, J. Slavin

Goalie:
    J. Binnington

IR (2 max):

Dobber Sports Star

Quote Originally Posted by MZac View Post
    My first thought was because boats are more expensive and harder to come by than ladders.
    Killer-infested waters are also scarier/more dangerous than a wall. That's 2-0 in favor of the moat. I'm not sure what kind of climate those creatures need though, so at least some of them will probably have to be animatronic. 3-0.

Dobber Sports Supreme Grand Master

Quote Originally Posted by MZac View Post
    Isn't a few freshly killed rabbits or some other small mammal and the ability to swim cheaper than a ladder.

haha

Quote Originally Posted by Doug Glatt View Post
    To those who think doing nothing is not an option, I say go read some books or something. Illegal immigration is obviously not a problem. Capitalists love people willing to work for less than the market rate. If you really want to stop it, dont build a wall. Build a large comfortable prison to house all of the employers who break the law and hire these people. This is an employer problem, not a worker problem, not a security problem. Until employers are disincentivized from hiring undoucumented immigrants at cut-rate wages, no wall is going to stop the flow.
    This is just another paradox that dumb right wingers will have to figure out. If the US Chamber of Commerce and the entire business community is constantly undermining efforts to curb the hiring of undocumented foreign workers, do you really think the Republican Party is going to oppose them? I havent seen a single example in my lifetime.
    So, what is the wall, really? Its a big, expensive stunt. Trump's base of dumbshit rural yokels are stupid enough to believe a wall will change things, so lets give them one. Then we can go back to them and say we delivered border security. The drugs will still flow unchecked through the various tunnels that will be dug. There arent any terrorists coming through the southern border, thats a fantasy, so no change there. As far as the wall goes towards keeping people out, it might have a slight effect, but it wont be long before Mexicans figure out how to steal a truck and ram it through the wall. Once this begins, the upkeep costs for the wall will skyrocket to the point that the original $5 billion cost will seem small. Havent seen any honesty out of Trump or his cronies in Congress about that little detail either.
    The reason why you cant stop drugs from coming in is the demand is very high. Unless you change the high demand for undocumented workers who can basically be treated like slaves, they will flow in as well. Since capitalists have no intention of doing this, the wall is a waste of time and money.
    Applauso

Dobber Sports Pro

Quote Originally Posted by rataylor22 View Post
    I agree in theory but i vote saltwater crocodiles. A saltwater moat would be much more effective since the pesky illegals can't drink the water to quench their thirst after a long journey

Dobber Sports Jedi

glad to see this thread is becoming fun again
    Follow me on twitter: @doylelb4

Dobber Sports All-Star

Quote Originally Posted by Doug Glatt View Post
    Now that makes sense. Trump can be prisoner #000001.

Dobber Sports Stud

It costs NYC about 300K per day to keep Trump tower "safe".

Winning is very expensive
    Consider Sim Hockey because guys who play shutdown minutes, deflect shots and clear creases build championships. Yet in fantasy they litter the unwanted UFA lists.

Dobber Sports All-Star

Quote Originally Posted by donpaulo View Post
    It costs NYC about 300K per day to keep Trump tower "safe".

Winning is very expensive
    They should put that towards the wall.