Thread: 3rd Overall Pick Dilemma - Rattie??!!

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Default 3rd Overall Pick Dilemma - Rattie??!!

Not team in sig block.

This is a scoring-centric, keep 12 cap league.
    I've got 3rd overall pick, and am fully expecting Dahlin and Svechnikov to go 1 and 2.

The best of the rest (non 2018 draftees) includes names like Galchenyuk, Lee, Kopitar, Getzlaf, Pavelski, Yandle, Trouba (and a bunch more heavy cap, 60ish point fwds/30ish point d-men)

Until recently, I had narrowed it down to Zadina/Yamamoto/Sikura......and leaning toward Zadina.

Cant help notice what Ty Rattie has been doing in the pre-season however. Yes, I realize he's a product of McDavid....but the numbers have been staggering, and if he continues to play with McDavid they will likely stay very nice.

I won this pool last year, and have a base 12 players that put me in a position to win again. Is Zadina so good here that there should be no question? My best guess is that even if he plays the full season, he's gonna put up 40-45 points.....(with upside for really nice numbers in the future). Yamamoto is intriguing, but can he steal Ratties spot next to 97? If so, what will his numbers be like?

Rattie intrigues me not only because of his pre-season performance and chemistry with McDavid, but also because of his 800k cap hit. Zadina's hit is 1.775M
    I don't have a ton of cap space left, as there are a few expensive guys in my 12 keeps (Eichel, E. Kane, Letang etc)

What are your thoughts on who to take at #3? Zadina or Rattie or Yamamoto or other
    Hanson Bros Fantasy Hockey League
    12 Team Roto (25 player roster w/10 player farm), Goals, Assists, Pts, PPP, BS, Hits, PIM, GAA, Wins, SV%
    Yahoo Pool - 82 GP per spot. Full Keeper
    Reigning Champion - 2013-14, 2014-15, 2015-16, 2016-17 and 2017-18
    F- MacKinnon, Kucherov, Schwartz, Boeser, Pastrnak, E.Kane, Rackell, Dvorak, Lee, Borgstrom, Connor, Johnsson
    D- Karlsson, Ristolainen, Hedman, Edler, Zadorov,
    G- Murray, Kinkaid
    Bench- Greenway, Saros, Jarry, Montour
    Farm: Gaudette, Patrick, Makar, Tolvanen, Hague, Kostin, Shesterkin, Sparks, Stuart Skinner, Colton Point

Dobber Sports Jedi

Default Re: 3rd Overall Pick Dilemma - Rattie??!!

so you can take Zadina/Rattie/Kopitar/Lee/ etc with this pick? Zadina will be really good. Not guaranteed to stick this year. I'm thinking he gets 9gp then goes back to Hfx. I def. take him over Rattie/Yama/Sikura though.

side note - Why are you carrying so many goalies on such a small farm squad?
    Follow me on twitter: @doylelb4

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Yeah....haven't updated the sig block in a while. Team is a little different now. Still carrying 3 farm goalies though (Shesterkin/Point/Sorokin).

Need one more decent starter to complement Murray and good one are hard to get in this pool, so hoping I win the lottery with one of my farm guys or Saros.
    12 Team Roto (25 player roster w/10 player farm), Goals, Assists, Pts, PPP, BS, Hits, PIM, GAA, Wins, SV%
    F- MacKinnon, Kucherov, Schwartz, Boeser, Pastrnak, E.Kane, Rackell, Dvorak, Lee, Borgstrom, Connor, Johnsson
    G- Murray, Kinkaid
    Farm: Gaudette, Patrick, Makar, Tolvanen, Hague, Kostin, Shesterkin, Sparks, Stuart Skinner, Colton Point

Dobber Sports Wizard

Don't waste such a high pick on Rattie. Take Zadina.
    I can't promise I'll try but I'll try to try.

Dobber Sports Pro

Do you remember Brandon Bochenski? If not look him up, he killed it with Heatley and Spezza one pre-season then fizzled out big time.

I would go Zadina first. If Puljijarvi is there ahead of Yamamoto I would go with him second.

It sounds like you can take one of Kopitar, Getzlaf, Pavelski, and Yandle. Why not one of them if you want to win.
    BEER RULES - 16 team H2H keeper. Dress: 3C, 3LW, 3RW, 6D, 2G Reserve: 5; 20 farm players
    Stats: G, A, STP, +/-, GWG+, H+B, PIM, W, SV, SV%, SO
    C: Hischer, Zib, J.Hughes
    LW: Guentzel, Svechnikov
    RW: Bratt, Pastrnak
    D: Hamilton, Weegar
    G: Merzlikins, Samsonov, Murray
    Rookies: Too many awesome prospects to list

Yahoo - Keep 3, 12 team H2H.
    Stats: G, A, PTS, +/-, PPP, SHP, PIM, GWG, HIT, SOG, W, GAA, SV%, SV, SO
    Keepers: Zibanejed, Connor, Svechnikov

Twitter for this Associate editor at DobberProspects: @FHPQuinn

I can't list my 2nd main keeper as there are too many players, but it is a keep all H2H points-only league

Dobber Sports Jedi

Quote Originally Posted by Rodgort View Post
    Do you remember Brandon Bochenski? If not look him up, he killed it with Heatley and Spezza one pre-season then fizzled out big time.

I would go Zadina first. If Puljijarvi is there ahead of Yamamoto I would go with him second.

It sounds like you can take one of Kopitar, Getzlaf, Pavelski, and Yandle. Why not one of them if you want to win.
    salary cap $$$$
    Follow me on twitter: @doylelb4

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

Rattie Clickbait?? kidding.

If you're going for it and considering these guys I'm assuming you're tight on the cap?

Otherwise I'd be taking a hard look at Getz with your pick. If cap is a real issue though I still think Zadina is your guy.
    DobberProspects Writer: Ex-Tampa Bay Lightning Prospects, Current New York Rangers Prospects @olaf1393

Dobber Sports Expert

Quote Originally Posted by olafson1393 View Post
    Rattie Clickbait?? kidding.

If you're going for it and considering these guys I'm assuming you're tight on the cap?

Otherwise I'd be taking a hard look at Getz with your pick. If cap is a real issue though I still think Zadina is your guy.
    Same here, except I would be looking at Kopitar.
    13 team Keeper, top 8F, 4D and 2G count. 1pt G/A, 2pt W/SO.
    Protect up to 500 points in a full season
    (K) denotes keeper

Keepers:

F: Draisaitl, Thompson, Thomas, Zuccarello, Konecny, Marchessault Ehlers, O'Reilly, Tarasenko, Perron, Coronato, Seguin, Atkinson, Rossi, Michkov
    D: Q Fox, Sergachev, Dobson, York, Hutson
    G: Vasilevsky, Jarry, Levi

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Quote Originally Posted by Rodgort View Post

Yeah, cap hit is a consideration. Kopi and Getz would be no-brainers otherwise. Also, keeping one eye on the future. A 1.775M Zadina holds more trade value than a 10M Kopitar or 8M+ Getz.
    G- Murray, Kinkaid

Dobber Sports Expert

Quote Originally Posted by Artamus View Post
    Yeah, cap hit is a consideration. Kopi and Getz would be no-brainers otherwise. Also, keeping one eye on the future. A 1.775M Zadina holds more trade value than a 10M Kopitar or 8M+ Getz.
    Zadina would be pick. The second Edmonton shuffles lines, Rattie would be adversely affected.
    13 team Keeper, top 8F, 4D and 2G count. 1pt G/A, 2pt W/SO.
    Protect up to 500 points in a full season
    (K) denotes keeper

Keepers:

F: Draisaitl, Thompson, Thomas, Zuccarello, Konecny, Marchessault Ehlers, O'Reilly, Tarasenko, Perron, Coronato, Seguin, Atkinson, Rossi, Michkov
    D: Q Fox, Sergachev, Dobson, York, Hutson
    G: Vasilevsky, Jarry, Levi

Dobber Sports Stud

Zadina
    20tm UFA/RFA dynasty

Cats: G, A, SOG, STpts, +/-, hits/bs, GAA, Sv%, W+SO

Dobber Sports Grand Master

I'd take Zadina. While Rattie could be this year's Couturier, the odds are long, an unlike Couturier he hasn't really established himself as a good NHL player looking for better deployment.

Rattie could be there next round, Zadina won't be.
    Want a Signature? Go to Settings, and you'll find Edit Signature down the list on the left.

Dobber Sports Prodigy

If you are in a position to win and can go without the prospect in the long term, then take Rattie. It?s what I did with the 9th overall pick.
    His 800k salary was also huge as I was tight to the cap. If you wanna win sometimes you gotta swing for the fences.