Thread: Mackinnon trade

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

Default Mackinnon trade

All right team 2 in my sig (rebuild)

Ok we had our redraft a couple days back. My team is in rebuild mode and i got an offer from the defending champ i really couldn't pass up. I moved butcher, theodore and teuvo, for the first overall and the 3rd overall and i already owned the 2nd overall. So i ended up drafting dahlin, svenchnikov, and zadina with my first 3 picks. Figuring i could use the 3 keeper spots I opened up on the trade with them. Took a step back this year but i figured i could afford losing the D as i have heiskanen and makar waiting in the wings on the farm plus i just added dahlin.

I picked up some other nice pieces in the draft and managed to fill out the rest of my roster ok in the free agent frenzy we did tonight.

Right before the draft i made an offer of hischier and fiala for mackinnon. He countered by adding makar going his way and a 3rd coming back my way. I didn't want to trade makar as i all ready took a hit on my D from the dahlin trade. I decided to go to free agent frenzy and see what happened. I fleshed out my roster and decided to grab a few more top end rookies even tho my farm is full. So i currently have borgstrom, wahlstrom, and jokiharu sitting on my active roster.My farm team consists of mittelstadt,tolvanen,yamamoto,heiskanen and makar.

So i would like to close this mackinnon deal. He's capped and needs the relief. It seems like all it will take is a top prospect going his way to close the deal. I dont think he will go for jokiharu just because he doesnt have alot of name recognition. Plus honestly im hoping Joki stays up and i can use him as a cheap bench player for my D.

My question is who do you recommend i add as the prospect? Im inclined to say borgstrom or wahlstrom. or should i maybe move one of my forwards from the farm?

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

Default Re: Mackinnon trade

Sorry wont let me update my sig so here is my current roster

Team 2 (rebuild)

Forwards: Hischier,B. Schenn,Duchense, S. Reinhart, Debrincat, Keller,Fiala, Konecny, Zucker, Beaulliver, Drouin,A. Svenchnikov, Zadina, Wahlstrom, Borgstrom

Defense:Josi, Provorov, Dahlin, Fowler, Orlov, Seabrook, Jokiharu

Goalies: Gibson, Rask

Farm: Mittelstadt, Tolvanen, Yamamoto, Heiskanen, Makar

Dobber Sports Giant

I would just give him Makar. That seems like a great trade for you.
    MounD - Double Threat FHL (18-19 champs)

10-Team Yahoo daily H2H Dynasty
    3C, 3LW, 3RW, 6D, 2G, 7Bn (IR)
    G, A, +/-, PPP, SHP, SOG, FW, HIT, BLK // W, Sv, GAA, Sv%, SHO

C: Bergeron, Barkov, Aho, Point, Kadri
    LW: Marchand, Landeskog, Hertl, Marchessault
    RW: Stamkos, Tarasenko, Laine, Palmieri
    D: Carlson, Letang, Dumba, Weber, Pietrangelo, Ristolainen, Byfuglien*
    G: Bobrovsky, Holtby, Lehner, Greiss-Varlamov

Farm: Turcotte, Cozens, Denisenko, Newhook // Sandin, Jokiharju, Dobson, K'Andre // Shesterkin

Dobber Sports Padawan

You're getting the best player in the deal by far, don't let a prospect who is still years away from relevancy hinder a deal. You have to give to get.
    10 Team Fantrax Weekly H2H
    19-Man Roster, 8 Keepers, 12 Minors (<150 NHL Games Kept Free)
    Pos: 3xC / 3xLW / 3xRW / 3xD / 3xG / 1xUtil / 3xBench / 5xIR
    Scoring: (G=1) (A=1) (W=2) (SO=1) (SV=0.05)

2020-21 League Champion 🏆

Re-tooling Season. Keepers moving forward:

C: N.MacKinnon, E.Pettersson, T.Zegras
    LW: A.DeBrincat, A.Svechnikov
    RW: W.Nylander
    D: C.Makar, R.Dahlin

Notable Minors Eligible/Prospects: C.Sillinger, S.Pinto, P.Krebs, F.Lysell, M.Coronato, S.Perunovich, F.Nazar, S.Durzi, S.Skinner

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Agreed. Let Makar go, get the best player in the deal.