Thread: Really ?deep? help on D needed

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Default Really ?deep? help on D needed

Need to pick up a D from waiver and the pickings are very slim - points only format. I might wait until the last minute before season starts to make my move but trying to narrow my options down (unless there is a clear choice). I was looking at gustafsson from Chicago or Dunn from saint Louis ... or else everyone from Vancouver is available; every D from Detroit would be available or also anyone from Ottawa (except for Chabot) also as options.

If anyone has opinion or suggestion please let me know as I am stumped! Thank you !
    Points only keeper league
    15 teams
    Line up: 12 F / 6 D / 2 G
    Goalie stats: W=1 / SO=3

F:
    D:
    G:

Dobber Sports Genius

Default Re: Really ?deep? help on D needed

Please list the top 10 or 20 D (in your mind) to get a better answer... Of who you mentioned, Alex Edler should get the lion's share of the PP time for the Canucks.
    - I said... "God damn this tablet is heavy!"

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Here are a list of names of Top 10 names that are on wire that I can choose from:

Slavin
    Edler
    Lindholm
    Dunn
    Seabrook
    Gustafsson
    Ceci
    Chychrum
    Krownwall
    Phaneuf
    Points only keeper league
    15 teams
    Line up: 12 F / 6 D / 2 G
    Goalie stats: W=1 / SO=3

F:
    D:
    G:

Dobber Sports Jedi

unsexy choice - Edler - If Greene goes young on the PP with Pettersson, Boeser, Horvat & Goldy (more likely Gagner) with Edler on the pt, he could surprise with a few extra PPP's - I doubt he hits 40pts for the year though.

Gus has been getting a long look on PP1 this camp in Chi - Keith is likely taking a step back in minutes, boqvist will prolly get a 9 game look, then join London
    Dunn probably the highest offensive upside of anyone on the list, but has Pietrangelo to push out of the way on PP1

Personally, I would take Edler and put Gus/Dunn on the watch list. and actually watch them.

Sami Niku in Wpg is another to keep a close eye on. He needs some breaks with Byfuglien/Trouba/Myers to get PP time, but if a door opens, expect him to smack it down.
    Follow me on twitter: @doylelb4

Dobber Sports Sophomore

Edler, Slavin/Dunn

Dobber Sports Sophomore

Gustafson is a nice dark horse pick as well.

The Great One

Quote Originally Posted by lucafen4 View Post
    unsexy choice - Edler - If Greene goes young on the PP with Pettersson, Boeser, Horvat & Goldy (more likely Gagner) with Edler on the pt, he could surprise with a few extra PPP's - I doubt he hits 40pts for the year though.

Gus has been getting a long look on PP1 this camp in Chi - Keith is likely taking a step back in minutes, boqvist will prolly get a 9 game look, then join London
    Dunn probably the highest offensive upside of anyone on the list, but has Pietrangelo to push out of the way on PP1

Personally, I would take Edler and put Gus/Dunn on the watch list. and actually watch them.

Sami Niku in Wpg is another to keep a close eye on. He needs some breaks with Byfuglien/Trouba/Myers to get PP time, but if a door opens, expect him to smack it down.
    Lots of good logic in this post. I'm on board with it.
    DobberHockey Senior Writer (columnist since 2012)
    Click here to read my weekly "Roos Lets Loose" columns, going live every Wednesday morning and consisting of a rotating schedule of a "forum buzz" column, a fantasy hockey mailbag, a tournament/poll, and an edition of Goldipucks and the Three Skaters: https://dobberhockey.com/category/ho...key-rick-roos/