Thread: Thinking of 2020 and beyond pick 2 of these 4 prospects -- kaprizov, donato, samsonov or borgstrom

Dobber Sports Newbie

Default Who to choose? 2 of these prospects -- Kaprizov, Donato, Borgstrom, R. Thomas, Samsonov or Hart?

AS STATED ABOVE - I have the final two picks in the prospect draft and can hang onto them for another three drafts, meaning i can choose to activate them any season from now until AFTER the 2021-22 draft. I have done well in this pool by drafting and holding onto my prospects but usually not activating them until year two or three.

I plan to try to trade Rinne for a 2019 pick (in season) which is why i am considering Ilya Samsonov with Holtby signed only this year and next for Caps. Hart also an option but perhaps not as talented. Also I know that Kaprizov has KHL contract also this season and next then hopefully comes to nhl for Minny as is likely the most talented on this list... The safer picks are Borgstrom, Thomas and Donato who look to win spots on probable scoring lines sooner but perhaps less long term upside. What does everyone think? Which two should I add to my prospect roster, knowing I do not need any of them to be impacts until three seasons from now? (bonus if they are)
    Last edited by Kegger77; September 24, 2018 at 2:02 PM. Reason: Clarification /simplify

Dobber Sports Supreme Grand Master

Default Re: Thinking of 2020 and beyond pick 2 of these 4 prospects -- kaprizov, donato, samsonov or borgstrom

This seems very confusing to me but if it won't hurt to be patient and it will benefit you in the end, then hold off and go for the homerun in a year or two..
    Zorro says "vote for Dobber"
    Angus is my best friend at dobberhockey..

The Great One

Default Re: Thinking of 2020 and beyond pick 2 of these 4 prospects -- kaprizov, donato, samsonov or borgstrom

I'd take Borgstrom over Kaprizov, even with your rules.

If you really need a goalie, I'd consider Carter Hart over Samsonov. There's no guarantee Holtby doesn't re-sign in Washington, plus I like the way Philly is trending...

Dobber Sports Newbie

I'm picking two of these tmrw but don't need them to contribute for a couple years earliest which is why I'm considering going for the best talent which I believe is Kaprizov and Samsonov... Taking Russians is risky due to KHL is the thing but I still have McAvoy and Tippett in my prospect roster for two more years(though assuredly will call him up after my draft this week so free keep thru next year)

Dobber Sports Pro

If goaltending is a big part of your pool grab Samsonov and Hart.

If it is good but not necessary to have two stud starters grab KK (highest upsode of all those F, don't worry about KHL if it is 3 years away) and either Samsonov or Hart

If you do not need goaltending I would go: KK and Thomas (as Borgstrom has much more younger talent in his way)
    BEER RULES - 16 team H2H keeper. Dress: 3C, 3LW, 3RW, 6D, 2G Reserve: 5; 20 farm players
    Stats: G, A, STP, +/-, GWG+, H+B, PIM, W, SV, SV%, SO
    C: Hischer, Zib, J.Hughes
    LW: Guentzel, Svechnikov
    RW: Bratt, Pastrnak
    D: Hamilton, Weegar
    G: Merzlikins, Samsonov, Murray
    Rookies: Too many awesome prospects to list

Yahoo - Keep 3, 12 team H2H.
    Stats: G, A, PTS, +/-, PPP, SHP, PIM, GWG, HIT, SOG, W, GAA, SV%, SV, SO
    Keepers: Zibanejed, Connor, Svechnikov

Twitter for this Associate editor at DobberProspects: @FHPQuinn

I can't list my 2nd main keeper as there are too many players, but it is a keep all H2H points-only league

Dobber Sports Jedi

KK I would grab. I like Hart over Samsonov in general.. so yeah, I'd go grab him. Kid's leaving his mark in pre-season, he's going to be closer to the NHL than some expected - He keeps going like this, he's going to push Elliott/Neuvirth aside before anyone expected him to.
    Follow me on twitter: @doylelb4

Dobber Sports Newbie

So looks like I go with my gut and take highest upside guy in Kaprizov for sure. Love that he is still available and my team has young forward keepers in Seguin, Barzal, Keller, Monahan, Couturier and Gibson in goal so now the question is which goalie?
    Samsonov is supposed to be the better talent but Hart has buzz and lesser road to more starts which is key... What does everyone think?