Thread: The Journey: Fast-Rising Prospect Defensemen - September 2018

Dobber Sports Wizard

Default The Journey: Fast-Rising Prospect Defensemen - September 2018

Sami Niku, Filip Hronek and Daniel Brickley. Three NHL ready prospects with high upside. Everyone should be familiar with these names already but I have a feeling they're flying a bit under the radar. Potential sleepers perhaps?

>> The Journey: Fast-Rising Prospect Defensemen - September 2018

Dobber Sports Jedi

Default Re: The Journey: Fast-Rising Prospect Defensemen - September 2018

I just went through three prospect drafts and sat there trying not to wet myself in the 3rd round of each fingers crossed no one would take Niku. When I drafted him - no one had a bloody clue who he was. I could have sat on him to the 5th in all 3. I have no regrets. I know what I got. makes me smile no one else does. I've watched a lot of highlights of his, he reminds me of Ghost in the way he moves the puck in the zone and carries it up the ice. he doesn't seem to rush deep into the zone as much as Ghost or attack the net as frequently. But man, I'm excited moving forward
    Follow me on twitter: @doylelb4

Dobber Sports Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by lucafen4 View Post
    I just went through three prospect drafts and sat there trying not to wet myself in the 3rd round of each fingers crossed no one would take Niku. When I drafted him - no one had a bloody clue who he was. I could have sat on him to the 5th in all 3. I have no regrets. I know what I got. makes me smile no one else does. I've watched a lot of highlights of his, he reminds me of Ghost in the way he moves the puck in the zone and carries it up the ice. he doesn't seem to rush deep into the zone as much as Ghost or attack the net as frequently. But man, I'm excited moving forward
    How deep were those leagues? I know I would definitely start looking at him after the 20 best guys from the 2018 draft class were gone. If you got him with pick #40+, that's awesome.

Dobber Sports Jedi

Quote Originally Posted by Jouko-Pouko View Post
    How deep were those leagues? I know I would definitely start looking at him after the 20 best guys from the 2018 draft class were gone. If you got him with pick #40+, that's awesome.
    all 3 - 12 team leagues. I took him 25th, 31st, 32nd.
    Follow me on twitter: @doylelb4

Dobber Sports Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by lucafen4 View Post
    all 3 - 12 team leagues. I took him 25th, 31st, 32nd.
    OK, that's definitely a good range for him. Especially if it's points-only (or high emphasis on points at least).

He went 25th in my main league where we drafted before the NHL draft.