Thread: Malkin/Lundqvist trade - keeper league

Dobber Sports Newbie

Default Malkin/Lundqvist trade - keeper league

I trade: Malkin/Lundqvist

for

Thornton/Nabakov

Bit of a unique set up, we use contracts. Bottom line is I would get to keep Thornton/Nabakov a bit longer than the other two. However my team isn\'t deep at all and I win money for a 1, 2, or 3 finish. Does either combo give me a better mix of keeper value with \"win now\" ability?

Thanks guys!

Hard to say without knowing what the scoring categories are or the rest of your team looks like. What happens when the contract for Malkin and Lundqvist run out? Do you just lose them? How much longer do you keep Thornton/Nabokov? I would rather keep Malkin and Lundqvist, but if you\'re going to lose them, you may want to go ahead and do this trade.

Dobber Sports Ace

I like Malkin over Thornton, and Lundqvist over Nabakov.

The other details are the important ones i guess
    Weekly H2H
    G / A / P / +- / PowerPlayPoints / Shots / Goalie Wins / GAA / Save%

Dobber Sports Apprentice

It\'s hard to answer without knowing all the components of your league, but in a keeper league I\'d go with Malkin and Lundqvist. Right now there\'s not much difference b/w the 4 players, and as for their keeper potential Malk and Lund\'s upside are much much better then Thornton and Nabokov
    11 GM Keeper League, 10F, 4D, 2G
    G,A, SHG, +/-, W, SO, S%
    F: J. Iginla, E. Staal, M. Richards, J. Spezza, B. Ryan, T. Hall, N. Zherdev, J. Hudler, S. Gagner, C. Kunitz
    D: D. Keith, A. Goligoski, P. Martin, R. Sutter
    G: MA. Fluery, S. Mason

Dobber Sports Ninja

Unless there is some wierd contract reason I can\'t see this as a good deal.

Dobber Sports Newbie

Thanks for all the input.

It\'s a standard league scoring wise, however we do use 2 goalies (not sure if that\'s standard or not).

As for the contracts I could keep Malkin for this year and next, Lundqvist this year only.

Thornton I would keep for two years beyond this and Nabokov for next year. So essentially I get an extra year out of each of Thornton/Nabokov.

My other keepers are Sid, Gaborik, Datsyuk. We keep 5.

Dobber Sports Genius

with that info i think i would do this , dobber and others have stated that malkins #\'s may decrease with whitney and gonchar out.having nabokov for this year and next as opposed to lundy for just this year is the main reason to do this and san jose is a team due to go deep in the play-offs this season.on even terms i\'d keep malkin and lundy , but again in your case i like thorton and nabbie.
    Roto type keeper league.We keep any 6 ;15 teams , 3 div. of 5.We play 3 lines , 3 def. and start 2 goalies.6 BN.Stats are 1pt. for goals and assists , 2pts. for W , tie(O.T. or S.O. loss) 1pt. S.O. 1pt.Weekly line-up from Mon. to Sun. Total pts. per line against other teams lines.

LW - Ovechkin , Drouin ,Steen , Huberdeau
    RW - Nash , Callahan , Nyquist
    C - B. Schenn , Fisher , R.N.H. , St. Louis , T. Johnson
    Def.- E. Johnson , Gologoski , Suter , Doughty , O.E.L.
    G - Scheinder , Dubnyk , Lack