Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Eeli Tolvanen

Dobber Sports Padawan

Default Re: Eeli Tolvanen

Quote Originally Posted by rangerdanger View Post
    Preds might be very deep but one thing they are lacking in is high end goal scoring and playmaking, which I think Tolvanen brings in spades. Especially goal scoring which I could see being the catalyst towards him getting a shot in the top 6.

Ultimately I think he?s more ideal than Arvi at being paired with Forsberg and RyJo. I could see Arvi being perfect for a 2nd line with Turris and helping to give them a much improved 2nd line.

I think Tolvanen could reach 45 - 50 this year if somthing like that happens. And then I can see him improving at about 10 points per season for the next 2 to 3 seasons.

But yea, Preds definitely could use his offense. And Forsberg and RyJo are physical enough to let Tolvanen grow and improve in a safer line. I also think adding him to that line would improve the numbers of both Forsberg and RyJo, to the point I think it could help put RyJo back on a positive trajectory.
    The problem with this is Fiala is knocking on that door for L1 RW and has already played there in the preseason with smashing success (1G and 4A that game). Tolvanen played in that spot last night and was largely invisible. I'd be surprised if he could pass both Arvidsson AND Fiala as a rookie, just too many guys ahead of him on the depth chart right now. The 2nd line is best case scenario for him IMO.
    10 Team Fantrax Weekly H2H
    19-Man Roster, 8 Keepers, 12 Minors (<150 NHL Games Kept Free)
    Pos: 3xC / 3xLW / 3xRW / 3xD / 3xG / 1xUtil / 3xBench / 5xIR
    Scoring: (G=1) (A=1) (W=2) (SO=1) (SV=0.05)

2020-21 League Champion 🏆

Re-tooling Season. Keepers moving forward:

C: N.MacKinnon, E.Pettersson, T.Zegras
    LW: A.DeBrincat, A.Svechnikov
    RW: W.Nylander
    D: C.Makar, R.Dahlin

Notable Minors Eligible/Prospects: C.Sillinger, S.Pinto, P.Krebs, F.Lysell, M.Coronato, S.Perunovich, F.Nazar, S.Durzi, S.Skinner

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

Preds might be very deep but one thing they are lacking in is high end goal scoring and playmaking, which I think Tolvanen brings in spades. Especially goal scoring which I could see being the catalyst towards him getting a shot in the top 6.

Ultimately I think he?s more ideal than Arvi at being paired with Forsberg and RyJo. I could see Arvi being perfect for a 2nd line with Turris and helping to give them a much improved 2nd line.

I think Tolvanen could reach 45 - 50 this year if somthing like that happens. And then I can see him improving at about 10 points per season for the next 2 to 3 seasons.

But yea, Preds definitely could use his offense. And Forsberg and RyJo are physical enough to let Tolvanen grow and improve in a safer line. I also think adding him to that line would improve the numbers of both Forsberg and RyJo, to the point I think it could help put RyJo back on a positive trajectory.
    I think we all agree that Arvidsson is better suit for second line but I am curious to know if you really think that Tolvanen should be better than Fiala (now and in the futur) for that 1st line RW spot? And why?
    10 team dynasty (salary cap), start every week 12 fowards, 6 defenses and 2 goalies
    Fowards: G, A
    Defense: G, A, short handed time (0,25 pt / 2 min)
    Goalies: W 2 pt, OT lost 1pt, Shootout lost 1pt, shutout 1pt

F: Gaudreau, Matthews, Malkin, Eichel, Fiala, Zibanejad, Pavelski, Rust, Nelson, Suzuki, Eriksson Ek, Sharangovich
    D: Karlsson, Josi, Heiskanen, Montour, Theodore, Ekholm
    G: Sorokin, Bobrovsky
    Bench: Skinner, Mittelstadt, Couture, RyJo, Lehkonen, Coyle, Yamamoto, Barbashev, DeBrusk, Coronato, Luostarinen, Provorov, Lindell, Spurgeon, Orlov, Korchinski, Fleury, Samsonov, Blackwood, Husso, Vejmelka, Ersson
    Farm: Snuggerud, Miroshnichenko, But, Brisson, Rosen

Dobber Sports Ace

Quote Originally Posted by Dave Muir View Post
    I think we all agree that Arvidsson is better suit for second line but I am curious to know if you really think that Tolvanen should be better than Fiala (now and in the futur) for that 1st line RW spot? And why?
    The way Fiala has performed in preseason is encouraging sure. He has had some terrific play. If you had asked me before the preseason I would have thought Tolvanen had the higher ceiling ultimately. Tovlanen being 3 years younger, I still believe that to be true. I think Tolvanen's shot will be elite. Fiala perhaps a better playmaker. But on that top line with RyJo and Forsberg I think I would rather have the better goal scorer. While I think Fiala could be about a 30 goal scorer year to year, Tolvanen seems like a player to me that can eventually reach 40 goals year to year. What he did in the KHL at his age is amazing. I think he's well ahead of where Fiala was when he was 19.

Right now though, I don't know where Tolvanen will be in his development relative to Fiala. But Tolvanen could come in like gangbusters in a Boeseresque way or he could still need another season. IMO, that's what will be the biggest determinant, If Tolvanen is ready to go at this age. Unfortunately, the only way to really tell this is if he gets ample opportunity.

However, I also think Fiala might be more suited to playing on a 2nd line with Arvi and Turris. I can't see Craig Smith or anyone else taking that spot over him or Tolvy if he's ready. Ultimately, Fiala and Tolvy should both be top 6. At that point its only a matter of seeing who meshes better where. I think Fiala and his playmaking will be more useful on that 2nd line. But of course there is no guarantee. I could see this season, Fiala and Tovlanen being moved around between the two top lines until one proves they fit their better than the other.

While I think Tolvanen will be the better player, I think to truly unlock his talent he should be playing with the teams best players.

So yea this year is a big question. When Tolvanen is 22, I don't think it will be as close.
    18 Team H2H Dynasty 9x4 cat. Roster 30 + 2 NA, 4 DL. 4C,4LW,4RW,6D,1G,11BN
    Scoring cats are G, A, +\-, PIM, PPP, SHP, FW, HIT, BLK
    W, GAA, SV%, SHO.
    C: Crosby, Horvat, , E. Lindholm (RW), Aho, W. Johnston (RW), Bjugstad,
    LW: Marchand, J. Benn, E. Kane, Fiala, Barbashev (C), Schwartz (C), Namestikov (C)
    RW: M. Tkachuk (LW), JT Miller (C), Batherson, Hyman (LW), Frederic (C), Palmieri
    D: J. Carlson, Josi, Doughty, Pietrangelo, Seider, Gudas, Ekman-Larsson,
    G: Vasilievkiy, Shesterkin, Husso
    NA: Mukhamadullin (D), I. Rosen (RW), D. .Levi (G)
    LTIR: Landeskog (LW), Dach (C)

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

The way Fiala has performed in preseason is encouraging sure. He has had some terrific play. If you had asked me before the preseason I would have thought Tolvanen had the higher ceiling ultimately. Tovlanen being 3 years younger, I still believe that to be true. I think Tolvanen's shot will be elite. Fiala perhaps a better playmaker. But on that top line with RyJo and Forsberg I think I would rather have the better goal scorer. While I think Fiala could be about a 30 goal scorer year to year, Tolvanen seems like a player to me that can eventually reach 40 goals year to year. What he did in the KHL at his age is amazing. I think he's well ahead of where Fiala was when he was 19.

Right now though, I don't know where Tolvanen will be in his development relative to Fiala. But Tolvanen could come in like gangbusters in a Boeseresque way or he could still need another season. IMO, that's what will be the biggest determinant, If Tolvanen is ready to go at this age. Unfortunately, the only way to really tell this is if he gets ample opportunity.

However, I also think Fiala might be more suited to playing on a 2nd line with Arvi and Turris. I can't see Craig Smith or anyone else taking that spot over him or Tolvy if he's ready. Ultimately, Fiala and Tolvy should both be top 6. At that point its only a matter of seeing who meshes better where. I think Fiala and his playmaking will be more useful on that 2nd line. But of course there is no guarantee. I could see this season, Fiala and Tovlanen being moved around between the two top lines until one proves they fit their better than the other.

While I think Tolvanen will be the better player, I think to truly unlock his talent he should be playing with the teams best players.

So yea this year is a big question. When Tolvanen is 22, I don't think it will be as close.
    Thanks for the input, you seem to know a lot Tolvanen, so I will trust you on this one. But as you said, there is no garantee for anyone unless they prove they can handle and fit on the 1st line every night. I own both Fiala and RyJo, so as long as the RW is not Arvidsson, I will be happy!!
    10 team dynasty (salary cap), start every week 12 fowards, 6 defenses and 2 goalies
    Fowards: G, A
    Defense: G, A, short handed time (0,25 pt / 2 min)
    Goalies: W 2 pt, OT lost 1pt, Shootout lost 1pt, shutout 1pt

F: Gaudreau, Matthews, Malkin, Eichel, Fiala, Zibanejad, Pavelski, Rust, Nelson, Suzuki, Eriksson Ek, Sharangovich
    D: Karlsson, Josi, Heiskanen, Montour, Theodore, Ekholm
    G: Sorokin, Bobrovsky
    Bench: Skinner, Mittelstadt, Couture, RyJo, Lehkonen, Coyle, Yamamoto, Barbashev, DeBrusk, Coronato, Luostarinen, Provorov, Lindell, Spurgeon, Orlov, Korchinski, Fleury, Samsonov, Blackwood, Husso, Vejmelka, Ersson
    Farm: Snuggerud, Miroshnichenko, But, Brisson, Rosen

Dobber Sports Rookie

I've got Tolvanen on my team right now, and there's a few other guys available on the waiver wire that I am leaning towards.

Would you guys consider picking up a guy like Tuch and dropping Tolvanen?