Thread: Shea Weber Draft Position

Dobber Sports Initiate

Default Shea Weber Draft Position

As the title suggests, with Weber?s injury and recovery, what is Weber?s draft position in a 12 team league, 10 keeper league with the below settings? Note: big winner is regular season champ - meaning the first 2/3 of season is most important.

Weber is a beast in this format though and although older, still very valuable.

Also, in a win now mode
    League: H2H - Keep 15
    Managers: 12
    Rosters: 25 (4C, 4LW, 4RW, 6D, 2G, 5BN)

Scoring Categories: G, A, P, +/-, PPG, PPA, SHP, GWG, SOG, FW, BLK, HIT, W, L, GAA, SV, SV%, SO

Projected Keepers in Bold (Rebuild)
    C: Bedard, Cozens, Zegras, Lundell, B. Hayton, A. Cirelli, JG Pageau
    LW: Svechnikov, Raymond, Byfield, Laine, D. Voronkov, A. Henrique
    RW: Caufield, Jarvis, Perfetti, Marchenko, J. Quinn, K. Kakko
    D: Seider, Bouchard, L. Hughes, Sanderson, Korchinski, Romanov
    G: Demko, Kochetkov, Thompson, Askarov

Championships: 2016, 2018, 2019

Dobber Sports Monster

Default Re: Shea Weber Draft Position

the last 1/3 of the league is less important?? well, that definitely hurts weber's usefulness. i dont think he's going to get rushed back so if he's not there until late january or february i won't be shocked. i'm also in a 12 teamer and weber got snapped up not that long after the proven 35+ point dmen all got taken. we have 4 IR spots though so its easier to hold onto a guy like that for our h2h playoffs.

12 team H2H Most Cats Wins; Keep 6/winner keeps 7; G A PPP +/- SHP SOG HIT BLK PIM // W SV GAA SV% SHO
    3 C, 3 LW, 3 RW, 6D, 2G, 5 bench

C - McDavid, Crosby, Tavares
    LW - DeBrincat
    RW - Meier, Miller
    D -
    G - Jarry

Dobber Sports Initiate

Quote Originally Posted by pmorrow View Post
    the last 1/3 of the league is less important?? well, that definitely hurts weber's usefulness. i dont think he's going to get rushed back so if he's not there until late january or february i won't be shocked. i'm also in a 12 teamer and weber got snapped up not that long after the proven 35+ point dmen all got taken. we have 4 IR spots though so its easier to hold onto a guy like that for our h2h playoffs.
    Yes, my concern completely is that Montreal is in no rush to bring him back - given this team will be junk for some time, he may also be in a trade somewhere I?d hope - he?s not going to get a shot at a cup anytime soon in Montreal.

4IR spots here also, but makes more sense for a team to take a shot that?s looking at next year.

We are increasing keepers from 10-12 next year too... so a long term steal potentially was thinking he?d be worth a 4th or 5th pick maybe 160-175 pick range... but would be hard to justify before that if looking to win now - I have 2 2nd rd picks though so it?d be a free pick potentially at the end of rd. 2. Not sure if that?s too early though? Thoughts?

Scoring Categories: G, A, P, +/-, PPG, PPA, SHP, GWG, SOG, FW, BLK, HIT, W, L, GAA, SV, SV%, SO

Dobber Sports Monster

Quote Originally Posted by FFleming5 View Post
    Yes, my concern completely is that Montreal is in no rush to bring him back - given this team will be junk for some time, he may also be in a trade somewhere I?d hope - he?s not going to get a shot at a cup anytime soon in Montreal.

4IR spots here also, but makes more sense for a team to take a shot that?s looking at next year.

We are increasing keepers from 10-12 next year too... so a long term steal potentially was thinking he?d be worth a 4th or 5th pick maybe 160-175 pick range... but would be hard to justify before that if looking to win now - I have 2 2nd rd picks though so it?d be a free pick potentially at the end of rd. 2. Not sure if that?s too early though? Thoughts?
    Weber got taken in the 90s range of our redraft. We have 73 keepers, so yeah that's about 160-170 overall. It felt like a slightly early selection but not by much. It depends how quickly people snap up dmen. The 3 dmen taken before him - Niskanen, Faulk, Edler; the 3 taken after him - Hanifin, Parayko, Butcher. I don't think I'd worry too much about him if you're focussed on winning now. As tempting as he is, I'd only grab him if he slips past that 190th overall range and most of your starting lineup is accounted for.

12 team H2H Most Cats Wins; Keep 6/winner keeps 7; G A PPP +/- SHP SOG HIT BLK PIM // W SV GAA SV% SHO
    3 C, 3 LW, 3 RW, 6D, 2G, 5 bench

C - McDavid, Crosby, Tavares
    LW - DeBrincat
    RW - Meier, Miller
    D -
    G - Jarry

The Great One

I could be mistaken, but I think there was a similar thread a week or two ago, so you probably want to search for that in order to get added perspective. My take is let someone else grab him - he might be a shell of his former self and he's already talking about not rushing back.
    DobberHockey Senior Writer (columnist since 2012)
    Click here to read my weekly "Roos Lets Loose" columns, going live every Wednesday morning and consisting of a rotating schedule of a "forum buzz" column, a fantasy hockey mailbag, a tournament/poll, and an edition of Goldipucks and the Three Skaters: https://dobberhockey.com/category/ho...key-rick-roos/

Dobber Sports Initiate

Quote Originally Posted by RizzeeDizzee View Post
    I could be mistaken, but I think there was a similar thread a week or two ago, so you probably want to search for that in order to get added perspective. My take is let someone else grab him - he might be a shell of his former self and he's already talking about not rushing back.
    Yes, I remember that thread and I asked the same question as above in it without a response a while ago... so I started this one today. Thanks for the reminder!

Agree Weber is a risk and could be left for someone else ? but he?s also potentially a great reward. He was a top 50 skater in my settings 2 seasons ago... if he does return to form ? with an option to keep, he comes at a very cheap price with high return in value at this draft position. Definitely worth that risk imo - especially in the 160th pick range... if he?s then traded to a contending team, that value just goes up higher.

Just my thoughts here though ? there is definitely merit to your concern - if he ends up Kronwell style ? but a pick in the 160 range in a partial keeper has limited risk if he does go busto - with a glimpse of him showing expectations in the 2nd half of the year that decision to keep can be made later

Quote Originally Posted by pmorrow View Post
    Weber got taken in the 90s range of our redraft. We have 73 keepers, so yeah that's about 160-170 overall. It felt like a slightly early selection but not by much. It depends how quickly people snap up dmen. The 3 dmen taken before him - Niskanen, Faulk, Edler; the 3 taken after him - Hanifin, Parayko, Butcher. I don't think I'd worry too much about him if you're focussed on winning now. As tempting as he is, I'd only grab him if he slips past that 190th overall range and most of your starting lineup is accounted for.
    Thanks a bunch! This is the kind of information I?m looking for!

Anyone else have draft position information for their keeper drafts?

Dobber Sports Jedi

if there's playoffs in your league, I'm not sure how the fist 2/3 of the season is most important. Obviously, you're only getting Weber fro 1/2 the season - so missing the majority of the first 2/3'rds. He's like a free trade come stretch, playoff time. I took him in round 8 of my 12tm 12keeper redraft, about #235 overall (including 144 keepers)
    Follow me on twitter: @doylelb4

Dobber Sports Initiate

Quote Originally Posted by lucafen4 View Post
    if there's playoffs in your league, I'm not sure how the fist 2/3 of the season is most important. Obviously, you're only getting Weber fro 1/2 the season - so missing the majority of the first 2/3'rds. He's like a free trade come stretch, playoff time. I took him in round 8 of my 12tm 12keeper redraft, about #235 overall (including 144 keepers)
    Nice draft position for Weber.

Yes we have playoffs but regular season trophies are worth significantly more than playoff winner. Thought is to reward managers draft and performance through the season rather than a team that may just get hot for a week or 2. Playoff winner gets a trophy and the same payout as 3rd place. Regular season winner takes a trophy and 3x the playoff winner payout. Draft position is also based upon regular season - w/ winner drafting last.