Thread: Bobrovsky on the move?

Dobber Sports Star

Default Bobrovsky on the move?

"After the last season, I told the situation to the management of the Blue Jackets, so they know everything. They know my plans for the season. They know my plans for the future. They know everything.?
    Asked what those plans are, Bobrovsky: ?You have to ask them."

That sounds like a guy with a clear plan to go UFA.

Where to?

The Great One

Default Re: Bobrovsky on the move?

I've heard similar reports that he wants to test the market.

With Panarin also not wanting to sign long-term in Columbus, it makes you wonder what is going on there. The team is decent, and has the potential to be very good if they make a few moves and their young players continue to develop.

I'd say the issue is Tortorella, but they just extended him. Seems like an odd thing to do if he is the cause for players to want to leave.

As for possible destinations, I think Philadelphia makes a lot of sense. Maybe Nashville. Unless he just wants the most money possible, because in that case Buffalo, Islanders, or Carolina might be an option. Most other teams already have a starter signed long-term.
    12 team, H2H, salary cap
    1 pt/G or A, 2 pts/W, 1 pt/OTL, 1 pt/SO

Forward: B. Point, M. Necas, A. Debrincat, T. Zegras, J. Bratt, L. Raymond
    Defense: J. Morrissey, A. DeAngelo, S. Gostisbehere, D. Doughty
    Goalie: T. Demko, E. Merzlikins
    Bench: M. Rossi, C. Glass, M. Maccelli, M. Dumba, K. Shattenkirk, F. Andersen
    Prospects of Note: L. Stankoven, J. Lekkerimaki, D. Yurov, B. Clarke

League has been running continuously since 1997-98

Dobber Sports Genius

I could see him in St. Louis by the end of training camp.
    - I said... "God damn this tablet is heavy!"

Dobber Sports Monster

Calgary? Not sure if they would be interested, but there might be a starting vacancy there next year if Smith doesn't re-sign and the young goalies don't show they're ready.

12 team H2H Most Cats Wins; Keep 6/winner keeps 7; G A PPP +/- SHP SOG HIT BLK PIM // W SV GAA SV% SHO
    3 C, 3 LW, 3 RW, 6D, 2G, 5 bench

C - McDavid, Crosby, Tavares
    LW - DeBrincat
    RW - Meier, Miller
    D -
    G - Jarry

Dobber Sports Icon

Bobrovsky was apparently late for the Blue Jackets mandatory 6:45am meeting this morning. No one else was late. Read into this whatever you wish.

Aaron Portzline

Verified account

@Aportzline
    Following Following @Aportzline
    More
    The Blue Jackets convened for a 6:45 a.m. meeting today in Nationwide Arena for the start of training camp. One player was late for the start of the meeting. Sergei Bobrovsky.

#CBJ

Dobber Sports Giant

Calgary is going to be looking for a new starter next season in all likelihood. I think they'll be moving on from Smith. Carolina is another team that could be in the market for a bona fide starter. Ditto for Chicago if Crawford's concussion issues prove serious. Detroit is another potential landing spot, could be a vacancy in the next couple seasons. Islanders, Rangers, Senators all could be looking for a starter within a couple seasons, although guys like Sorokin, Gustavsson, Shestorkin, respectively, could be closing in on those jobs. St. Louis, as another poster mentioned, doesn't seem too comfortable with Allen between the pipes, but Husso is waiting in the wings for a spot to open.

There are a number of situations that could ultimately present an opportunity for a new starter, whether it's Bobrovsky or a guy like Varlamov who appears to be on the way out in Colorado but has some serious talent when healthy. I think Calgary and Carolina are probably the most likely up-and-coming teams that these guys could potentially join. St. Louis is another viable option, but that really depends on Allen's play this coming season. Everything else is far less attractive when you're considering teams like the Isles, Red Wings, and Senators.
    MounD - Double Threat FHL (18-19 champs)

10-Team Yahoo daily H2H Dynasty
    3C, 3LW, 3RW, 6D, 2G, 7Bn (IR)
    G, A, +/-, PPP, SHP, SOG, FW, HIT, BLK // W, Sv, GAA, Sv%, SHO

C: Bergeron, Barkov, Aho, Point, Kadri
    LW: Marchand, Landeskog, Hertl, Marchessault
    RW: Stamkos, Tarasenko, Laine, Palmieri
    D: Carlson, Letang, Dumba, Weber, Pietrangelo, Ristolainen, Byfuglien*
    G: Bobrovsky, Holtby, Lehner, Greiss-Varlamov

Farm: Turcotte, Cozens, Denisenko, Newhook // Sandin, Jokiharju, Dobson, K'Andre // Shesterkin

Dobber Sports Guru

They would need a solid goalie in return, right? This team is getting screwed--legit contenders (perhaps in that second tier, but...) and they have to try to stay there while dealing Panarin and Bob from a place of weakness. Ugh.

Package deal would be impressive and a quick improvement for a team. Call me crazy, but if Lou could get them to sign in advance, NYI would have the assets to get both (with except maybe the goaltending). That would be a quick way to get the fans to move on from Tavares.
    Points-only, Full Keeper Dynasty League
    Active roster (no starts, just total points): 12 FW, 6 D, 1 Goalie

Forwards: Kucherov, Barkov, Teravainen, Seguin, Hoffman, Lindholm, Gusev, Horvat, Meier, Perron, Schwartz, Johansen, Pavelski, Buchnevich, Hischier, Granlund, Bracco

Defense: Josi, Dahlin, Letang, Gostisbehere, Ekman-Larsson, Petry, Slavin, Keith, Matheson

Goal: Lehner, Holtby, Varlamov

Farm: Soderstrom, York, Woo, Tracey, Dorofeyev