Thread: Habs in France (rumour)

Dobber Sports Ace

Default Habs in France (rumour)

La Presse newspaper has an article this morning about the possibility of the Montrreal Canadiens having their training camp in France in the near future and as early as next year. France Ice Hockey Officials were at the Bell Center recently and met amongst others, with Hab president Pierre Boivin. France usually has 13 000 fans for their Coupe de France final at the Bercy arena and has the 2nd largest (2nd to basketball in their 15 hockey cities) audience for indoor sports in all of the 15 cities they have a Ligue Magnus team. This is pretty good.

It would be funny if the Canadiens take on the Stars and Sean Doan over there.
    My keeper squad on this 10 team, no positional requirement league (except 1 goalie and 1 NHL team). Points only: Parise, Kopitar, Hemsky, Brunette, J Staal, Okposo, Doan, Roy, O.Jokinen, Giroux, Krejci, Oshie, Eberle, Little, Filpulla, Steen, Filatov, Hudler, H.Lundqvist, + NHL Team LA.

Dobber Sports Ace

what did doan say again?

something like, \'i don\'t know, lloyd, the french are ********.\"

oh no, wait. that was harry from dumb and dumber.

nevermind.
    13 team yahoo roto league keep 17/25
    G,A,P,PPP,PIM,SHP,SOG,FW,W,GAA,SV%,SHO

c-tavares, krejci, gourde, lowry, czarnik, zacha
    lw-lehkonen, vesey, r.smith, hinostroza, heinen
    rw-zuccarello, duclair, sheary, d.brown, nichushkin
    d-letang, krug, gostisbehere, doughty, lindell, slavin, cholowski
    g-fleury, holtby, hutton
    ir-pacioretty, grzelcyk
    farm-batherson, farabee, jokiharju, kaprizov, hawryluk, n.roy, terry, t.thompson, tufte, vesalainen, walman, c.white, bracco

Dobber Sports Ace

Yeah, maybe Shane Doan can say something harmless and unrelated to politics and spark all the politicians to take their heads out of their arses long enough to say something stupid.

Seriously, I think holding the training camp somewhere other than Montreal is good, but holding it over in Europe is not wise, unless it\'s the latter part of the camp and they\'re also playing a game over there to start the season.

If you hold the earlier part of camp there, you have to pay for 40-to-45 guys to go over to Europe, and then pay to fly them back after you cut them. Doesn\'t make much sense, at least financially.

And what would you gain? The French (at least the European kind) aren\'t big hockey fans.
    Chatham Maroons
    21-team keeper league
    (G, A, P, +/-, PPG, SHP, PIM ratio, MP and Goalie combo (Wins, OTL, SvPct, GAA)
    Forwards: Backstrom, Perry, Eriksson, J. Jokinen, Henrique, Sobotka, Marner, Barbashev, Connor, Labanc, Connolly, Petan, Sutter. Farm: C. White, Comtois, M. Jones, Villardi, Roslovic, Gurianov, Hayton, B. Tkachuk, Clarke, Rees.
    Defence: Jones, Leddy, Martinez, Beaulieu, Moore, Antipin. Farm: Bean, Bear, Vukojevic.
    Goalies: Rinne, Jones; Farm: Husso, Blackwood, Knight.

On Twitter: @HockeyScribe

Dobber Sports Guru

what did doan say again?

Dobber Sports Ninja

Nothing at all, but don\'t try and tell some folks that.

Dobber Sports Ace

Hostile environment-wrong place for this joke. Anyways, my mistake, I was refering to Sean Avery the guy who brought us: \"I think it was typical of most French guys in our league with a visor on, running around and playing tough and not back anything up,\" the same guy who called George Laraque a monkey and who had recent comments on Iginla.
    My keeper squad on this 10 team, no positional requirement league (except 1 goalie and 1 NHL team). Points only: Parise, Kopitar, Hemsky, Brunette, J Staal, Okposo, Doan, Roy, O.Jokinen, Giroux, Krejci, Oshie, Eberle, Little, Filpulla, Steen, Filatov, Hudler, H.Lundqvist, + NHL Team LA.

Dobber Sports Ninja

Yet again, sounds a lot like Don Cherry. Maybe there is a stronger connection between the two then we think!

typo88

I wouldnt mind seeing this, but is France really the place they should be promoting the game?