Thread: Daniel Sprong

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Default Daniel Sprong

Hey guys,

Just draft Sprong in my last draft (4th round, 40th overall). What are your houghts on him? Can he be a first line guy with Crosby? 65 pts in 65 games in the AHL last year at 20 years old. This guy is a sniper, but can he find his place in the penguins lineup?

I think he can't return in the ahl due to his contract...

Thanks!

Dobber Sports Expert

Default Re: Daniel Sprong

He can return to the AHL but he now has to pass through waivers and that won't happen so he'll be playing in Pittsburgh. He's got the talent to play alongside Crosby but I wouldn't be surprised if he's all over the line-up during the season including the press-box for spells. It'll be up to him to carve out his spot.

Dobber Sports Grand Master

Stylistically, if he's playing in the top 6 he fits better with Malkin than Crosby. Think James Neal.

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Rutherford has said he will be on the team. Last year when he got the call up he scored 3 points in one game and then something like 0 in 7 games. He has the talent but is still so young. It will take him a while to find his stride and be consistent.

Sent from the mobile client - Forum Talker

The Great One

Quote Originally Posted by rataylor22 View Post
    Stylistically, if he's playing in the top 6 he fits better with Malkin than Crosby. Think James Neal.
    Although that may be true based on style of play, with both Kessel and Sprong being RW'ers, I doubt Sprong plays much with Malkin.

I don't think Sprong is ready to play next to Crosby all season (Hornqvist is still the main RW'er with Crosby), but I could see him get some time with him occasionally.

I think Sprong will mostly see limited ice-time on the 3rd line, unless Hornqvist or Kessel get injured. I don't expect much from him this season. He will be lucky to get more than 40 pts.
    12 team, H2H, salary cap
    1 pt/G or A, 2 pts/W, 1 pt/OTL, 1 pt/SO

Forward: B. Point, M. Necas, A. Debrincat, T. Zegras, J. Bratt, L. Raymond
    Defense: J. Morrissey, A. DeAngelo, S. Gostisbehere, D. Doughty
    Goalie: T. Demko, E. Merzlikins
    Bench: M. Rossi, C. Glass, M. Maccelli, M. Dumba, K. Shattenkirk, F. Andersen
    Prospects of Note: L. Stankoven, J. Lekkerimaki, D. Yurov, B. Clarke

League has been running continuously since 1997-98

Dobber Sports Grand Master

Quote Originally Posted by SeaDawg View Post
    Although that may be true based on style of play, with both Kessel and Sprong being RW'ers, I doubt Sprong plays much with Malkin.

I don't think Sprong is ready to play next to Crosby all season (Hornqvist is still the main RW'er with Crosby), but I could see him get some time with him occasionally.

I think Sprong will mostly see limited ice-time on the 3rd line, unless Hornqvist or Kessel get injured. I don't expect much from him this season. He will be lucky to get more than 40 pts.
    Sullivan has repeatedly shown he likes Crosby, Malkin, and Kessel on separate lines.

Dobber Sports Sophomore

I think he'll find a spot on one of their top 3 lines this year, especially after they traded away Conor Sheary. I'm hopeful because I acquired him for Ryan Suter in my rebuilding dynasty team.
    12-team Dynasty Salary
    G-A-H-B/W-SO
    Crosby, Pavelski, Nelson, Hagel, Tarasenko, Bertuzzi, Teravainen, Joshua, Paul, Drury, Holtz, Kasper, Dorofeyev, Rosén, Brindley
    Dunn, Carlson, Sergachev, Nurse, Trouba, Skjei, Harley, Korczak, Söderström, Luneau, Pickering, Behrens, Rinzel
    Bobrovsky, Samsonov, Woll, Patera, Garand

10-team Dynasty Roto
    G-A-FOW-STP-H-B/W-GAA-Sv%
    Matthews, Hyman, Bratt, Guentzel, Thompson, Horvat, Lindholm, Buchnevich, Toffoli, Konecny, Rust, Peterka, Neighbours, Kemell, Snuggerud, Bourque, Wood, Öhgren
    Makar, Josi, Dobson, Pietrangelo, Hanifin, Faber, Spence, Edvinsson, Zellweger, Willander, Bonk, Casey
    Shesterkin, Hellebuyck, Georgiev,
    Wallstedt

Dobber Sports Pro

I think he’s on Pit lineup to start the season. After that , really hard to predict. The pens like to have 3 offensive lines. So I can see him on the 1st-2nd or 3rd. At 40th overall, it’s a nice pick
    League 1
    10 team, Dynasty, points only, 30 players, keep20 starts 12 F, 6 D, 2G , unlimited prospects(can keep them max 5 years)
    F: Mackinnon,Marner, Panarin, Eichel, Fiala, Hughes, Svechnikov, Robertson, Bratt, Kuznetsov, Hischier, B.Tkachuk, M.Tkachuk, Scheifele, Wheeler, Jenner, Drouin, Tatar, Colton
    D:Hughes, Hamilton, Karlsson, Dunn, Burns, Theodore, Slavin, Trouba G: Shesterkin, Binnington, Vanecek
    League2
    Cap league (82.5M with AAV), points only, 12 teams, keep 7, (9F, 4D, 2G)
    F: Hughes, Zuccarello,RNH, Marchessault, Scheifele, Toffoli, O’Reilly, Trocheck, Buchnevich extra: Marchenko
    D: Makar, Dahlin, Seider, Andersson
    G: Hellebuyck, Talbot

Dobber Sports Giant

for what it’s worth, the several games Sprong spent on Crosby’s wing they had really good shot rates and expected goals goals %
    MounD - Double Threat FHL (18-19 champs)

10-Team Yahoo daily H2H Dynasty
    3C, 3LW, 3RW, 6D, 2G, 7Bn (IR)
    G, A, +/-, PPP, SHP, SOG, FW, HIT, BLK // W, Sv, GAA, Sv%, SHO

C: Bergeron, Barkov, Aho, Point, Kadri
    LW: Marchand, Landeskog, Hertl, Marchessault
    RW: Stamkos, Tarasenko, Laine, Palmieri
    D: Carlson, Letang, Dumba, Weber, Pietrangelo, Ristolainen, Byfuglien*
    G: Bobrovsky, Holtby, Lehner, Greiss-Varlamov

Farm: Turcotte, Cozens, Denisenko, Newhook // Sandin, Jokiharju, Dobson, K'Andre // Shesterkin