Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Crosby's Value

Dobber Sports Padawan

Default Crosby's Value

I imagine Crosby rarely gets traded in keeper leagues, but have any of you traded for or saw him get traded in your league lately? What kind of price was paid to get him? What would YOU expect to get for him going into his age 31 season?
    10 Team Fantrax Weekly H2H
    19-Man Roster, 8 Keepers, 12 Minors (<150 NHL Games Kept Free)
    Pos: 3xC / 3xLW / 3xRW / 3xD / 3xG / 1xUtil / 3xBench / 5xIR
    Scoring: (G=1) (A=1) (W=2) (SO=1) (SV=0.05)

2020-21 League Champion 🏆

Re-tooling Season. Keepers moving forward:

C: N.MacKinnon, E.Pettersson, T.Zegras
    LW: A.DeBrincat, A.Svechnikov
    RW: W.Nylander
    D: C.Makar, R.Dahlin

Notable Minors Eligible/Prospects: C.Sillinger, S.Pinto, P.Krebs, F.Lysell, M.Coronato, S.Perunovich, F.Nazar, S.Durzi, S.Skinner

Dobber Sports Monster

Default Re: Crosby's Value

I traded for Crosby about 4 or 5 years ago. Stamkos for Crosby were the main pieces in the deal, the rest was secondary stuff. Stamkos was considered a consensus top 5 player at the time though.

I think the cost of Sid is probably still extremely high in most leagues, but I imagine the price has probably also become too much for people who in the past would overpay just to get him on their team. The age gap between him and some of the young studs in the league like McDavid, Eichel, Laine etc might be too much for some to stomach, but I think if you are trying to get him or sell him, the cost is probably still at least one top player in their prime (guys like Stamkos, Benn, Hall, etc?) and possible some other strong pieces

12 team H2H Most Cats Wins; Keep 6/winner keeps 7; G A PPP +/- SHP SOG HIT BLK PIM // W SV GAA SV% SHO
    3 C, 3 LW, 3 RW, 6D, 2G, 5 bench

C - McDavid, Crosby, Tavares
    LW - DeBrincat
    RW - Meier, Miller
    D -
    G - Jarry

Dobber Sports Stud

I just landed Crosby in my points-only keeper league.

I gave the 1st overall (Dahlin), William Nylander, Ryan Pulock
    I received the 5th overall, Sidney Crosby and a pick upgrade later in the draft
    Points-only keeper league. 12 teams. Keep any 12 players. Dress 12F - 6D - 2G.

Dobber Sports Padawan

I'd like to take a run at Crosby in my league but not sure I will bother. I'm just coming off a big trade for MacKinnon and I don't want to get too carried away and trade too many longer term assets before the season even starts.

The Crosby owner was the bottom team last year and I was one of the top teams, so I'm also mindful of the optics of such a deal and I have no interest in fleecing the guy. If I can't make a good offer up front then I'd rather not at all.

I know he's interested in my Dahlin so that's one key piece of any deal, even though I'm reluctant to trade him because of his potential. I know, I know, proven over potential, and I usually agree with that, but if the guy does turn into a 70pt+ Karlsson type in a few years I'd probably regret moving him since elite D are valuable. My 1st round pick in 2019 is also a given.

________ + Dahlin + 2019 1st

Fill in the blank. I'd like to offer him a center back but I don't think Larkin is a good enough a return for Crosby. Kopitar maybe? Probably not at his age, but could still produce just as long as Crosby will.

I'll rep any advice you could give me

Notable Minors Eligible/Prospects: C.Sillinger, S.Pinto, P.Krebs, F.Lysell, M.Coronato, S.Perunovich, F.Nazar, S.Durzi, S.Skinner

Dobber Sports Veteran

I traded Sid last year for Seguin, Nylander and a late 1st.

I would still expect a similar package if I were trading him today.

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Quote Originally Posted by FrozenInferno View Post
    I'd like to take a run at Crosby in my league but not sure I will bother. I'm just coming off a big trade for MacKinnon and I don't want to get too carried away and trade too many longer term assets before the season even starts.

The Crosby owner was the bottom team last year and I was one of the top teams, so I'm also mindful of the optics of such a deal and I have no interest in fleecing the guy. If I can't make a good offer up front then I'd rather not at all.

I know he's interested in my Dahlin so that's one key piece of any deal, even though I'm reluctant to trade him because of his potential. I know, I know, proven over potential, and I usually agree with that, but if the guy does turn into a 70pt+ Karlsson type in a few years I'd probably regret moving him since elite D are valuable. My 1st round pick in 2019 is also a given.

________ + Dahlin + 2019 1st

Fill in the blank. I'd like to offer him a center back but I don't think Larkin is a good enough a return for Crosby. Kopitar maybe? Probably not at his age, but could still produce just as long as Crosby will.

I'll rep any advice you could give me
    If the Crosby owner finished near the bottom his teams probably so weak that a Crosby type player isn't doing any good being on his team (assuming he's rebuilding?). That being said he's probably willing to part with him and if you don't go after him, other competitive teams will. If he's liking Dahlin and your 2019 1st and you'd like to include a center I would not include Kopitar as I don't believe theres enough of a gap between gaining crosby and losing kopitar to make it worth your while. I'd try offering either Nuge or Larkin or Patrick.
    Yahoo:16 team h2h (18 man rosters) 4keepers per team
    player cats:
    G,A,+/-ppp,shp,sog,gwg,hits,blks :goalie cats:W,gaa,sv%,so
    3c-Zibanejad, Getzlaf, Trochek
    6w-Fiala, JT Miller,Pastrnak, Pearson, kapanen, Lindblom
    4d-Hamilton,Provorov, R.Andersson, Doughty
    2g-Markstrom, Blackwood
    bench-Schultz, McCann, Lowry
    IR:Kucherov, Beauvilier

Fantrax:Nordiques 9 team dynasty pts only (max roster:50)
    notables:Stamkos, Seguin, Kuznetsov, E.Lindholm, Debrincat, Wheeler, Marchand, PLD, Kessel, Meier, Tuch, Hedman, Suter, Chabot, Bobrovsky ,Hellebuyck, Binnington
    notable prospects:Turcotte, Zegras, N.Suzuki, Farabee, Denisenko, Krebs, N.Robertson, Jokiharju, Shestyorkin

Dobber Sports Giant

Quote Originally Posted by rufio.85 View Post
    I just landed Crosby in my points-only keeper league.

I gave the 1st overall (Dahlin), William Nylander, Ryan Pulock
    I received the 5th overall, Sidney Crosby and a pick upgrade later in the draft
    Sick deal for you mate! Now proudly change that signature and add Sid to your core!
    Keeper league 14 teams (H2H, 20 active players keep 16 NHLers, 16 minors)
    Scoring Cats: G-A-PTS-PPG-PPA-(+/-)-HITS-BLK-SHP-SOG-FOW-GWG / W-L-SVS-SV%-GAA-SO

C- Crosby, Barzal, Bennett, Schmaltz, Novak
    W- Forsberg, Batherson, Nichuskin, Tuch, Konecny, Maccelli, Sharangovich, Bertuzzi, Kaliyev, Neighbours, Reichel
    D- Carlson, Rielly, Klingberg
    G- Hellebuyck, Demko, Merzlikins, Vejmelka

Minors:
    F: Fantilli, Cooley, Bourgault, Perreault, Cowan, Ohgren, N. Foote, Goyette, Iskhakov, Denisenko, Tracey
    D: Simashev, Willander, Lambos
    G: Schmidt, Rodrigue, DiPietro, Gaudreau, McKay

Dobber Sports Padawan

Quote Originally Posted by Avalanche_Ambush View Post
    If the Crosby owner finished near the bottom his teams probably so weak that a Crosby type player isn't doing any good being on his team (assuming he's rebuilding?). That being said he's probably willing to part with him and if you don't go after him, other competitive teams will. If he's liking Dahlin and your 2019 1st and you'd like to include a center I would not include Kopitar as I don't believe theres enough of a gap between gaining crosby and losing kopitar to make it worth your while. I'd try offering either Nuge or Larkin or Patrick.
    Yeah Larkin would be the more attractive piece especially if he has the breakout I'm expecting for him. Kopitar would be redundant and he's also a bit of a meme in our league because he's notoriously hard to trade. I got him cheap at our deadline last year and he almost won me the league. I'm the only one that has faith in him to go PPG again and have no problem holding on to him for another year.

Crosby owner wants to wait a bit into the season to see what kind of start he has and go from there. I already put the bug in his ear that I'd be open to moving Dahlin, my 1st and another good young player if I think I have another decent shot at winning.

Dobber Sports Apprentice

The way I judged getting Sid was I knew I had to give up a top goalie, top player and top prospect. I’d been bugging the owner for years and we eventually agreed on Kucherov, Allen and Dylan Strome. This was three years ago

Dobber Sports Ace

I don't see much wrong with what you're proposing. Maybe adding another draft pick gets it done but I think the value is pretty close with "quality prospect", Dahlin, 1st. Adding something to put it over the top shouldn't be much of a concern since your immediate risk is minimal compared to the payoff.
    16 team Pts only dynasty league
    G, A, PPG, SHG, GWG, Svs, SO's, W's
    Pro Roster Starters: 9 F, 6 D 1 G

FWD: Hertl, Forsberg, Quinn, Rantanen, Debrincat, Couturier, Dach, Trocheck, Larkin, Seguin
    D: Chychrun, Grzelcyk, Trouba, Burns, Walman, Karlsson, Graves
    G: Kahkkonen, Keumper, Reimer

Farm (notables):
    F: Pekarcik, Dellandrea, Cowan, Puistola, Halttunen, Simoneau, Bolduc, Nadeau, Stankhoven
    D: Brzustewicz, Alexeyev, Jiricek, Reinbacher, Minnetian
    G: Fedotov, Tarasov, Kochetkov, Skarek, M. Gibson

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

Is getting huberdeau, 1sg round 6th pick in 10 team league and Casey mistledat worth moving Crosby?

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Slick-
    I think that's a good return for Sid

Dobber Sports Sage

I acquired Crosby last season about 2 months in for Tavares and Keller (who was super hot to start the year). I'm in a keep 2 and feel I got the best player by a tier for years to come.
    Set roster weekly in H2H (Mon to Sun) - 16 Teams - start 6F, 3D, and 1G per week - Keep 2

Points: 2 G / 2 A / 1 PPG / 1 PPA / 1 Hat Trick / 1 SHG / 1 SHA / 1 GWG - 3 Goalie Win / 2 Goalie Loss in SO or OT / 5 goalie SO

Forwards:
    C. McDavid, N. Kucherov, R. O'Reilly, J. Schwartz, J. Toews, J. Huberdeau, T. Toffoli, M. Granlund

Defense:
    B. Burns, J. Klingberg, R. Josi, J. Slavin

Goalie:
    J. Binnington

IR (2 max):

Dobber Sports Padawan

Well I didn't get Crosby but I did trade:

RNH+Dahlin+1st

For

Benn+Rasmussen+2nd

Benn is a much safer and more consistent bet than RNH (does he stick with McD or not?) and would be a bona fide keeper for my team for the next few years. My window to win is now so I'm happy with the deal!

Dobber Sports Sophomore

I traded for Sid last year in a dynasty league along with D.Strome for Gaudreau and Buchnevich. Unfortunately I was booted from the league.
    12 team H2H Dynasty League

3C, 3LW, 3RW, 6D, 1SKT, 2G, 7BN, 3IR, 12NA

G, A, PPP, FOW, PIM, HIT, SOG, +/- W, SHO, GAA, SV%

C(3)- McDavid, Monahan, Pavelski
    LW(3)- Marchand, Huberdeau, Lee
    RW(3)- Tarasenko, Hoffman, Gallagher
    D(6)- Provorov, OEL, Parayko, Larsson, Borowiecki, Hagg
    SKT(1)- Drouin
    G(2)- Rask, Saaros

BN(7)- Puljujarvi, C.Anderson, C.Smith, Backes, Tuch, Fabbri, Del Zotto

Prospects(12)- Borgstrom, Necas, Sikura, Roslovic, Suzuki, Vesalainen, Jarry, Ho-Sang, Volkov, Katchouk