Thread: Draft advices

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Default Draft advices

I'm getting prepared to draft for the first time in a one year salary cap multi cat league. (The one in my Sig, I took over the team few years ago, did not draft it).

I am not sure how to approach the draft... Should I only target guys based on a $/point basis?

If end up with the 1st overall, I pick McDAvid and his 12.5 AAV or Kucherov and his 4.8 AAV this year?! Can you really pass on McD?

If you could rank me up a top 10 or so,it would be appreciated! If you have good sleepers for this format too

Thanks!

Dobber Sports Giant

Default Re: Draft advices

you take McDavid absolutely in any setup with the 1st overall pick. I wouldn't necessarily say that points/$ is the be-all end-all of determining value, but it's definitely something to which you always need to pay attention. For example, someone like Trocheck is going to have major added value in a setup such as yours because not only is he a wonderful stat-stuffer, but he's on a fantastic contract. Ditto for someone like Couturier.
    MounD - Double Threat FHL (18-19 champs)

10-Team Yahoo daily H2H Dynasty
    3C, 3LW, 3RW, 6D, 2G, 7Bn (IR)
    G, A, +/-, PPP, SHP, SOG, FW, HIT, BLK // W, Sv, GAA, Sv%, SHO

C: Bergeron, Barkov, Aho, Point, Kadri
    LW: Marchand, Landeskog, Hertl, Marchessault
    RW: Stamkos, Tarasenko, Laine, Palmieri
    D: Carlson, Letang, Dumba, Weber, Pietrangelo, Ristolainen, Byfuglien*
    G: Bobrovsky, Holtby, Lehner, Greiss-Varlamov

Farm: Turcotte, Cozens, Denisenko, Newhook // Sandin, Jokiharju, Dobson, K'Andre // Shesterkin

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Thanks, appreciated!

If I end up with the first I'd be really torn. Wouldn't it be more helpful to grab someone like Kucherov, Mackinnon, ... over Mcdavid?! The edge of Mcadvid really worth the 6M or so I would be taking?

lol I guess my only concern is if I got the 1st pick, if not I think I'd be comfortable.

Dobber Sports Grand Master

I would definitely take Kucherov over McDavid in a one year cap league. Fantasy points per dollar is good way to tier guys in a single year cap league, for any sport.

I would wager a lot of money straight that McDavid will not more than double Kucherov's points.
    Want a Signature? Go to Settings, and you'll find Edit Signature down the list on the left.

Dobber Sports Initiate

absolutely take Kucherov here at less than half of McDavid's cap hit leaving you with almost another 8 mil to draft another elite player!
    24 team cap league, HTH Pts. 25 PLAYER ROSTER C3/LW3/RW3/F3/D6/G1

G & A = 1PT.
    HT.BLK.PIM.SOG.=0.05 / PPP=0.5/ FOW=0.01/ +/- =.25
    W=2 SHO=3 SV=0.1 GA=-1 OL=1 SHL=1

Connor - Barkov - Ehlers
    Hagel- Couturier - Tarasenko
    Frederic - Tyler Johnson - Nichuskin
    Vatrano - - Guriano

Dobber Sports Veteran

Kucherov. Salary is almost everything.
    10 Team Limited Keeper (Keep 8) Points Only
    SALARY CAP (Player Salaries) League
    20 Player Teams = 12 Fwd 6 D 2 G

My team: ???

Dobber Sports Icon

You take McDavid regardless of league settings. He led the league in points last year while playing at half speed for 20 or so games. Once McDavid was fully healthy, he exploded for 54 points in his final 32 games. There is no one else in the league who can do that. You don't worry about salary in the first few rounds of the draft. You worry about getting as many points as possible. You can save money in later rounds when you are deciding between a 50 point guy and a 55 point guy, you don't worry about the salary difference when you are comparing guys who could get 100 points with a guy who could get 140.

Take McDavid with pick #1 in any league.