Thread: Quick trade offer thoughts

Dobber Sports Initiate

Default Quick trade offer thoughts

I?ve had ongoing discussions with the owner of Zadina. It is for the league in my signature. You can see I have lots of minor eligible goalies.

He would agree to giving me Zadina for Samsonov and Tippett.

Is Samsonov worth too much to me or can I safely trade him in this offer? If I make this trade, I would be picking up Kaprizov from free agents to re-fill my minors. I can?t believe he didn?t get drafted during our 16-Round draft last week.

Essentially, the deal would be Zadina and Kaprizov for Samsonov and Tippett.

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

Default Re: Quick trade offer thoughts

I?m very interested in the responses. I think the zadina side wins from a pure home run swing approach. Most upside from these two. And goalies are voodoo. I stock pile mine and hope for the best.

Dobber Sports Supreme Grand Master

Goalies are hard to come by...so it is often the case that goalie prospects are hard to come by. But you appear to have built some nice goalie depth. Therefore I would take the deal and add the two home-run prospects and hope one of them becomes a home-run, which I think Zadina will.

Dobber Sports Icon

I would do it - Kaprizov is a bit of a risk but I think he does come over. Samsonov is solid but you are fine at G and you have Sorokin.
    12 Team Dynasty, H2H (points)
    Dress 2C, 4W, 1F, 4D, 1G (Daily)
    G (3), A (2), STP (1), SHOG (1), +/- (0.5), SOG (0.2), Hits (0.2), Blk (0.2), FOW (0.1); W (5), SO (2), Sv (0.2), GA (-1)

C - Draisaitl (W), Hughes, Larkin, Trochek
    W - T.Thompson (C), Pastrnak, Reinhart, Batherson, Nichushkin, Duchene (C), Zuccarello
    D - Dahlin, Theodore, Bouchard, Faber, Werenski, Skjei
    G - Jarry, Gustavsson, Montembault
    Fm - Bordeleau, Barlow, Lucius, G.Perreault, Luneau, Perunovich, Nikishin

Dobber Sports Apprentice

You’re deep enough at G. I would do this.

Dobber Sports Wizard

yes!
    14 Teams H2H Dynasty, 28 roster spots (8 bench), 15 minors under 100
    Weekly Matchups - Daily Lineups

Skaters: G/A/Pt/PIM/SoG/STP/H+B/ToI/Corsi
    Goalies: W/GAA/SVs/SV%/SHO

C: Eichel, Kadri, Mcdavid, Sodeberg, Schenn
    LW: Ehlers, Landeskog, Meier, Debrusk, Foegele, Lee
    RW: Pastrnak, Marner, Palmieri, Terry, D. Brown, Bailey, Granlund
    D: Krug, Josi, Ekholm, Faulk, Muzzin, Karlsson, Cernak,
    G: Hellebuyck, Biship, M Jones

Dobber Sports Star

Because goalies are unpredictable, it makes sense that Zadina would be more valuable than Samsonov. But among all goalie prospects, Samsonov might be the lowest-risk one. If you've ridden with him this far, I'd be loathe to trade him away unless the return was a home run, which I'm not sure that Zadina is. If Samsonov and Zadina both meet their potential, Samsonov's value will dwarf that of Zadina. And if Tippett can commit to playing defense, you'll have a guy who is very close to Zadina.

So as of today, if I were to use a A-F scale, I think you'd be dealing an B+ in Samsonov and B in Tippett for an A- in Zadina. With Samsonov having the greatest potential for growth. I wouldn't do that. I'd trade any other goalie prospect you have easily. But Samsonov seems special.

Dobber Sports Prodigy

I'd roll with Zadina, I think he's got a good future in DET.

Big Daddy

I?m no goalie prospect expect but Samsonov and Sorokin are ranked highly and pretty close to one another. I don?t think you need both. Make the trade.

I like the deal for you because you have Husso. Others have pointed out that Samsonov and Sorokin are pretty close together, which they are, but I'd really rather deal away Sorokin if that's also an option. The Islanders will allow him to move up the depth chart a lot quicker but I just don't think he's coming over. He has it too good in Russia. Samsonov is signed and could even get some starts next year, his value to me is much higher than Sorokin. So if you can swap them out, even better. Still a good deal though.

The Great One

I'd be more likely to drop one of your lower end prospects (such as Subban) and just pick up Kaprizov off waivers.

For what it's worth, Dobber has Zadina only marginally better than Tippett long-term.

Dobber Sports Genius

Samsonov alone should be able to land you Zadina IMO, there is very little risk with how he projects right now kind of like Vasilevskiy or Hellybuck two years ago and Tippett would be ridiculous as far as a “throw-in” goes.

Also, I’m not sure if I’m reading some of these responses correctly but I’d swear some guys are saying that it’s ok to just part with a high end goalie prospect because you have a few of them. I wouldn’t be against moving one or two but I ust because you seem set in any position is no reason to move some out at discount prices.
    10 team full keeper roto 4C/LW/RW,6D,2G

G,A,P,+/-,PIM,SOG,GWG,PPP,SHP,Hit,Blk,FOW
    W,GAA,SV,SV%,SHO

C-Aho,Couturier,Matthews,O'Reilly
    LW-Ehlers,Giroux,Panarin,Rust
    RW-Kucherov,Palmieri,Pastrnak,Wilson
    D-Burns,Carlson,Gudas,Josi,Nurse,Pietrangelo
    G-Fleury,F.Andersen,Markstrom
    BN-Zacha

Under 250 gp farm
    Beaucage,Berggren,Bokk,Brisson,Chytil,Dugan,Foerst er,Foote,Frost,Grewe,K.Johnson,Lindblom,Mikheyev,N ybeck,Peterka,Pospisil,Protas,Ranta,Raty,Stankoven ,Suzuki,Tuomaala
    Alexeyev,Brook,Foote,Graves,Poirier,Sanderson,Seid er,Wilde,Woo,Zamula
    Berdin,Brossoit,Commesso,Ersson,Husso,Knight,Koche tkov,Lafontaine,Oettinger,Primeau,Sandstrom,Stolar z,Ustimenko,Vladar

Dobber Sports Initiate

Thank you everybody. This thread started out all for me making the trade and then flipped to me keeping Samsonov and Tippett.

One interesting suggestion was to just drop Subban and pickup Kaprizov before someone else does. I don’t need Subban. I have 4 starting goalies already and minors like Husso that might steal quality starts.

I will make one small offer to the Fleury owner to see if they want Malcolm Subban, but if not, I will just drop him.

Quality advice. Rep coming.

Dobber Sports Grand Master

Given your goalie depth, I like moving some out for skater prospects. I'd try to counter with a lesser prospect than Tippett. You might be bale to add Subban into the deal you are considering.
    Want a Signature? Go to Settings, and you'll find Edit Signature down the list on the left.

You got the goalie depth, and it's not like samsonov is going to take holtbys spot anytime soon. Unless Washington is forced to make a move due to cap issues which is possible.

Add in the fact that tippet is going to be hard pressed to crack Panthers top 6 now that bjorgstrom and hoffman are there. Even more so if the reports of panarin wishing to sign their after this season are true.

I would take zadina in a hear beat. He has just as much upside as the other two and the best chance of quality ice time in the near future playing for the wings. He definately has the best chance of making an immediate fantasy impact of the 3.

Add In getting kaprizov on top and really the choice is clear.