Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Draft advice please-on the Clock Now [REP]

Dobber Sports Sage

Default Draft advice please-on the Clock Now [REP]

Ok, I am having one of the best drafts of my life right now and its time to make my last pick, top of the 3rd round, No. 21. Was planning to take Drake Batherson here, his multicat potential really looks outstanding. I traded away Robert Thomas to get the No. 7 pick and took Evan Bouchard.
    Now I would like to replace the C I moved and WTF Barrett Hayton is still there at 21. NOW I really have a dilemma
    My team is in sig. I am on a soft clock. But I need to pick by morning. What should I do, Batherson or Hayton?
    REP for your help thanks.

Dobber Sports Wizard

Default Re: Draft advice please-on the Clock Now [REP]

Give me Hayton over Batherson.

I also don't like the Thomas for Bouchard trade at all. I know it's too late now but that was probably a mistake.

Dobber Sports Sage

Notable Options here:
    Hayton
    Kravtsov
    J. Dahlen
    Foote
    Gauthier
    Sikura
    Batherson
    Kaut
    Bokk
    Dellandrea

Dobber Sports Padawan

I'm dumb when it comes to fantasy hockey but why would you trade Thomas for Bouchard? Not bashing your decision but I'm genuinely curious.
    Points only keeper. 12 Teams. No pos requirements. 18 skaters / 3 goalies (2 count for points.) G/A = 1 point each (includes goalies) Goalies = 1.5 for W / 4.5 for SO. Minors - 4 year protection. Prospects added during their draft year only. Undrafted = waivers.
    Skaters: Tolvanen,Jeannot,Drysdale,Benson,Sprong,Fantilli,H .Lindholm,T. Raddysh,K. Miller,Edvinsson,Roslovic,Sharangovich,McBain,Benn ett,Crouse, Luostarinen,Dube,Phillips
    Goalies: Gustavsson,Schmid,Vejmekla
    Minors: F.Pinelli,Beckman,Cossa,Nikkanen,Tieksola,Pashin,M cMichael,Konovalov,Svechkov,K.Johnson,Moore,Crista ll,Heidt,Ziemmer,Perron,Nadeau,Gulyayev,Wahlberg, Suniev,Tomasino,Khusnutdinov

Dobber Sports Padawan

But to answer your question, I have a chubb for Kravtsov. Don't know why exactly, but he's getting really good write ups AND he's a super nice kid. Said he'd give ROTY to Tolvanen if he asked for it.
    Points only keeper. 12 Teams. No pos requirements. 18 skaters / 3 goalies (2 count for points.) G/A = 1 point each (includes goalies) Goalies = 1.5 for W / 4.5 for SO. Minors - 4 year protection. Prospects added during their draft year only. Undrafted = waivers.
    Skaters: Tolvanen,Jeannot,Drysdale,Benson,Sprong,Fantilli,H .Lindholm,T. Raddysh,K. Miller,Edvinsson,Roslovic,Sharangovich,McBain,Benn ett,Crouse, Luostarinen,Dube,Phillips
    Minors: F.Pinelli,Beckman,Cossa,Nikkanen,Tieksola,Pashin,M cMichael,Konovalov,Svechkov,K.Johnson,Moore,Crista ll,Heidt,Ziemmer,Perron,Nadeau,Gulyayev,Wahlberg, Suniev,Tomasino,Khusnutdinov

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Kravtsov for me.

Dobber Sports Pro

Agree with the Thomas for Bouchard comments...and the recommendation to take Kravtsov. Interesting that he's still available at 21.

Dobber Sports Sage

I traded the #12 forward on the Dobber rankings for the #11 D, sorry you all hate it but I really like Bouchard and what a great situation he landed in. The Soilers are
    desperately needy for an offensive D, Klefbom is a failure.

Dobber Sports Wizard

Definitely take Kravtsov if he's still available.

Dobber Sports Sage

Re: Kravtsov
    You all might want to go and look at the first round of Entry Drafts since 2000. Russian players taken between 3-15 have an utterly abysmal fantasy hockey success rate. It's really quite striking and difficult to ignore.

Dobber Sports Jedi

well, if you're anti-Kravtsov - then Hayton is the pick
    Follow me on twitter: @doylelb4

Dobber Sports Sage

Quote Originally Posted by lucafen4 View Post
    well, if you're anti-Kravtsov - then Hayton is the pick
    Boom! That's what I did. I appreciate all the input and am Repping where allowed.

Dobber Sports Sage

Quote Originally Posted by Mike's Lemons View Post
    I'm dumb when it comes to fantasy hockey but why would you trade Thomas for Bouchard? Not bashing your decision but I'm genuinely curious.
    That is the popular question of the thread. Centers are easy to get. I picked up Thomas as a free agent last spring. He has two all-star Cs ahead of him in STL. If Hayton has a good D+1 we will all be talking about him the same way Thomas is now. Hayton has Stepan and then a bunch of ??? ahead of him. Also, I really like Bouchard and when he is D1 in EDM soon you will see why I traded to get him.

Dobber Sports Padawan

Quote Originally Posted by Doug Glatt View Post
    That is the popular question of the thread. Centers are easy to get. I picked up Thomas as a free agent last spring. He has two all-star Cs ahead of him in STL. If Hayton has a good D+1 we will all be talking about him the same way Thomas is now. Hayton has Stepan and then a bunch of ??? ahead of him. Also, I really like Boucher and when he is D1 in EDM soon you will see why I traded to get him.
    In the end, if YOU feel like you got fair value, then go on with ya bad self. Thomas definitely has some competition now but Bouchard isn't exactly a low tier prospect so who knows?

Dobber Sports Wizard

Not sure why you'd ask for help when you obviously have all the answers already and you completely disregard any advice offered to you. But hey, good luck with that, then.