Thread: Trocheck vs Landeskog

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Default Trocheck vs Landeskog

For the 2nd team in signature, on Fantrax. I'm a little thin for LW and have been offered Landeskog & a 3rd round pick (26th overall) for Trocheck. The appeal of both players is shots and hits.

Both players are 25 years old and both played very well last year. VT had 20 more points than the previous year, including 27 on the PPP. GL seemed to click on the first line with Mac and Rantanen and got PP time as well.

I have a few C and players that are also RW/C so I have that position covered. LW, not so much.

I have a free roster spot that I could pick up a LW from the free agent list but was hoping to use it to grab another goalie. Some LW available include: B. Jenner, Z. Hymen, T. Pearson, M. Lucic, N. Schmaltz, T. Tatar, O. Palat, A. Anthanasiou, A. Burakovsky.

Appreciate the feedback!
    Yahoo: H2H Keeper (6F,3D,1G)
    G,A,PPG,PPA,+/-,Shots,Hits, W,GAA,SAV%

FWDS: A. Barkov, M. Marner, A. Panarin, J. Robertson, N.Ehlers, J.Bratt , PL Dubois, B Hagel, D. Mercer, B.Jenner
    D: A. Ekblad, J. Klingberg, J. Trouba, , S. Gostisbehere, F. Hronek
    G: Bobrovsky, Jarry, Hart

Yahoo2: H2H Keeper(14-only, up to 2G)
    G,A,+/-, SOG, GWG,PPP,SHG,HIT,BLK,
    W,GAA,SV,SO,

FWDS: N. Mackinnon, M. Rantanen, E. Pettersson, JT Miller, A. Panarin, V. Tarasenko, T. Meier, Z. Hyman , B. Boesner, T. Toffoli, D. Perron
    D: Q. Hughes, Z. Werenski, J. Klingberg, J. Chychrun, M. Matheson
    G: Demko, Hart,, Levi

Dobber Sports Giant

Default Re: Trocheck vs Landeskog

I think you’re solid enough in goal, you should just stand pat with Trocheck (he’s a damn beast) and use your roster space on someone like Palat. He should be a solid all-around contributor with your categories.
    MounD - Double Threat FHL (18-19 champs)

10-Team Yahoo daily H2H Dynasty
    3C, 3LW, 3RW, 6D, 2G, 7Bn (IR)
    G, A, +/-, PPP, SHP, SOG, FW, HIT, BLK // W, Sv, GAA, Sv%, SHO

C: Bergeron, Barkov, Aho, Point, Kadri
    LW: Marchand, Landeskog, Hertl, Marchessault
    RW: Stamkos, Tarasenko, Laine, Palmieri
    D: Carlson, Letang, Dumba, Weber, Pietrangelo, Ristolainen, Byfuglien*
    G: Bobrovsky, Holtby, Lehner, Greiss-Varlamov

Farm: Turcotte, Cozens, Denisenko, Newhook // Sandin, Jokiharju, Dobson, K'Andre // Shesterkin

Dobber Sports Ninja

Quote Originally Posted by mounD View Post
    I think you’re solid enough in goal, you should just stand pat with Trocheck (he’s a damn beast) and use your roster space on someone like Palat. He should be a solid all-around contributor with your categories.
    Completely agree with mound here, even with trying to add Palat. Athanasiou is another under-rated fantasy player.
    "For I am a sinner in the hands of an angry God. Bloody Mary, full of vodka, blessed are you among cocktails. Pray for me now and at the hour of my death, which I hope is soon. Amen." - Sterling Archer

"Don't spray that urine on my sons window. If you want a dollar for doing nothing, walk to Canada." - Malory Archer

“Anyone who thinks the pen is mightier than the sword has not been stabbed with both.” - Lemony Snicket

Dobber Sports Giant

To be honest, i wouldn’t mind rostering Jenner, Schmaltz, or even Lucic — in addition to Palat and AA.
    MounD - Double Threat FHL (18-19 champs)

10-Team Yahoo daily H2H Dynasty
    3C, 3LW, 3RW, 6D, 2G, 7Bn (IR)
    G, A, +/-, PPP, SHP, SOG, FW, HIT, BLK // W, Sv, GAA, Sv%, SHO

C: Bergeron, Barkov, Aho, Point, Kadri
    LW: Marchand, Landeskog, Hertl, Marchessault
    RW: Stamkos, Tarasenko, Laine, Palmieri
    D: Carlson, Letang, Dumba, Weber, Pietrangelo, Ristolainen, Byfuglien*
    G: Bobrovsky, Holtby, Lehner, Greiss-Varlamov

Farm: Turcotte, Cozens, Denisenko, Newhook // Sandin, Jokiharju, Dobson, K'Andre // Shesterkin

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Thanks guys. Appreciate the responses. Yeah, Trocheck is gold in our league. Grubauer is a FA in our league and was thinking of grabbing him but will look at Palat. Cheers.

The Great One

Trocheck is such a stat stuffer. He;s the new Kesler. Landy is no slough either, but give me Trocheck here.
    DobberHockey Senior Writer (columnist since 2012)
    Click here to read my weekly "Roos Lets Loose" columns, going live every Wednesday morning and consisting of a rotating schedule of a "forum buzz" column, a fantasy hockey mailbag, a tournament/poll, and an edition of Goldipucks and the Three Skaters: https://dobberhockey.com/category/ho...key-rick-roos/

Dobber Sports Wizard

i traded trocheck away last year in similar league for Gardiner and a 2nd round pick, what a mistake....I had to pay Point and 2 first rounders (15th and 10-16 in 2019) to get him back this year and im very happy with it.
    14 Teams H2H Dynasty, 28 roster spots (8 bench), 15 minors under 100
    Weekly Matchups - Daily Lineups

Skaters: G/A/Pt/PIM/SoG/STP/H+B/ToI/Corsi
    Goalies: W/GAA/SVs/SV%/SHO

C: Eichel, Kadri, Mcdavid, Sodeberg, Schenn
    LW: Ehlers, Landeskog, Meier, Debrusk, Foegele, Lee
    RW: Pastrnak, Marner, Palmieri, Terry, D. Brown, Bailey, Granlund
    D: Krug, Josi, Ekholm, Faulk, Muzzin, Karlsson, Cernak,
    G: Hellebuyck, Biship, M Jones

The Great One

Quote Originally Posted by Belexus75 View Post
    i traded trocheck away last year in similar league for Gardiner and a 2nd round pick, what a mistake....I had to pay Point and 2 first rounders (15th and 10-16 in 2019) to get him back this year and im very happy with it.
    Steep price - maybe a bit too steep? But you know your league better than me.
    Click here to read my weekly "Roos Lets Loose" columns, going live every Wednesday morning and consisting of a rotating schedule of a "forum buzz" column, a fantasy hockey mailbag, a tournament/poll, and an edition of Goldipucks and the Three Skaters: https://dobberhockey.com/category/ho...key-rick-roos/

Dobber Sports Prodigy

So I ended up keeping Trocheck and trading M. Stone for Laneskog and the 16th overall pick(2nd rd). Tough to give up the points but I like the peripherals that Landeskog provides in our league. Plus, I had an abundance of RW(and C) but was lacking on LW. I'll still use my free roster spot for someone like Palat, Schmatlz, AA or even Lucic. Thanks again!

Cheers.

FWDS: A. Barkov, M. Marner, A. Panarin, J. Robertson, N.Ehlers, J.Bratt , PL Dubois, B Hagel, D. Mercer, B.Jenner

W,GAA,SV,SO,

FWDS: N. Mackinnon, M. Rantanen, E. Pettersson, JT Miller, A. Panarin, V. Tarasenko, T. Meier, Z. Hyman , B. Boesner, T. Toffoli, D. Perron

Dobber Sports Jedi

I like this deal a lot better for you. I'm not sure you're really giving up many points between Stone & Landy this year. Stone appears to want out of Ott & as big a wreck as that team is, I can see more than a couple career lows coming in from Sens. It's now the second team to implode with Duchene on it... but I digress.

Troch is invaluable. Smart to keep him. I'm a fan of this deal
    Follow me on twitter: @doylelb4

Dobber Sports Ninja

I was gonna say that if your focus is shots and hits I would definitely take a chance on Boone Jenner. I really do believe that he has 50+ point potential and he pours on shots and hits.
    Goalies: If I'm pickin em you best be sittin em!

The Great One

Quote Originally Posted by lucafen4 View Post
    I like this deal a lot better for you. I'm not sure you're really giving up many points between Stone & Landy this year. Stone appears to want out of Ott & as big a wreck as that team is, I can see more than a couple career lows coming in from Sens. It's now the second team to implode with Duchene on it... but I digress.

Troch is invaluable. Smart to keep him. I'm a fan of this deal
    I'm similarly on board - good trade

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Appreciate the positive feedback on the trade! I'll look into Jenner more closely as well. Thanks.

W,GAA,SV,SO,

Dobber Sports Initiate

Nice job, holding out gave you a far better deal.I like Stone, don't get me wrong, but OTT is a tire fire and Lando is a great addition on an improving Colorado team. You keep beast Trochek and still add Landy. Well done.