Thread: + 1 for Team Critique

Dobber Sports Novice

Default + 1 for Team Critique

Hi - I\'d appreciate a critique of my fantasy teams and any suggestions on what needs improvements and where I should sacrifice to gain improvements. Thanks!!!

12 team keeper league. 7 Categories - GAA/Goalie Wins/Goalie Minutes Played - Goals/Assists/PIM/Plus/Minus.

8 Forwards/4 Defence/2 Goalies

8 Player Taxi Squad (can be goalies/defence/forwards - doesn\'t matter)

250 Starting Salary. Players can be signed to max 4 year contract which is salary signed at +5 for every year after the first. You can buy players out of the contract and are penalized half of the contract you would of paid.

I can keep a player in his first year and decide next year whether to give him a contract. If he is in his 2nd year I release him or give him a 1, 2, 3, or 4 year deal.

FORWARDS

Daniel Briere (under 3 year contract) 11 dollar salary
    Anze Kopitar (no contract - first year) 33 dollar salary
    Vincent Lecavalier (under 3 year contract) 43 dollar salary
    Dany Heatley (under 3 year contract) 37 dollar salary
    Mike Richards (no contract - second year) 1 dollar salary
    Derek Roy (under 4 year contract) 6 dollar salary
    Alex Tanguary (no contract - first year) 24 dollar salary
    Nikita Filatov (no contract - first year) 1 dollar salary
    PM Bouchard (no contract - first year) 1 dollar salary
    Wojtek Wolski (no contract - first year) 1 dollar salary
    Marek Svatos (no contract - first year) 1 dollar salary
    Fabian Brunnstrom (no contract - first year) 1 dollar sal.
    Alexandre Burrows (no contract - first year) 1 dollar sal.

DEFENSE

Dustin Byfuglien (no contract - first year) 6 dollars
    Dennis Wideman (no contract - first year) 2 dollars
    Matt Carle (no contract - first year) 1 dollar
    Tomas Kaberle (last year of contract) 15 dollars
    MA Bergeron (no contract - first year) 1 dollar

GOALIES

Mary Turco (last year of contract) 55 dollars
    Pascal Leclaire (no contract - second year) 5 dollars
    Mike Smith (no contract - first year) 5 dollars
    Peter Budaj (no contract - first year) 5 dollars

Dobber Sports Ace

I think that your offense is solid, you\'ve got alot of players that can produce in many categories, the one thing I could say you are lacking is penalty minutes, but maybe you\'ll finish middle of the pack by accident. I like what you have there. Alot of elite plus a few up and comers.

Your defence is pretty weak. Kaberle will be awesome no matter what team he is on, and I like Carle\'s odds in Tampa Bay, so hold on to those two. Byfuglin, it is great that he has defensive eligibility, but I\'m jsut wondering where he fits into the depth chart now that he is playing forward. Either way, even if he gets a low end forward\'s point total, you will get good numbers for that defensive spot. Bergeron I would not touch, and Wideman is going to suffer as long as Chara is healthy.

I am a fan of your goalies as well, especialyl since minutes palyed is a stat. You h have pretty much 4 given starters on your team there, so you will rack up lots of minutes. Wins you will collect alot from Turco and Leclaire to say the least, I\'m not sold ont he other two. I think that GAA goes hand in hand with winning a lot of times, so we\'ll see how those others do. Good luck keepign Leclaire\'s health, because that would leach on your minutes big time.

Overall, I think that your team is looking pretty solid. I would see if you can move some forward(s) for another solid Kaberle type defenceman, you don\'t need anything too fancy. Timmonen, Redden, maybe Meszaros to a lesser extent.
    12 team roto with 6 keepers, G A P +/- PIM PPP SOG, W SV% SHO
    C-Crosby Spezza Connolly
    L-Smyth Rolston Malone Sullivan
    R-Hemsky Ryan Ryder Backes Fleischmann Cleary
    D-Phaneuf Rafalski Whitney Pitkanen
    G-Lundqvist Bryzgalov Theodore Rinne

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

You\'ve got some excellent forwards, but you lack big PIM guys. I suggest you toss Svatos or Wolski and get another good PIM guy. Burrows isn\'t gonna win you the PIM catagory by himself lol.

Your goaltending is strong but your main weakness is your defence. As Anonymous said, Kaberle is awesome, Carle has a chance to do well. Byfuglien might be good trade bait. unless hes stays designated as a defenceman, you might want try to trade him to another GM for a player that does you more good. Wideman is a safe pick and should be good for 30 points, but if you want a defender with a chance at bigger things find someone else. WIdeman will always be below Chara as long as Chara is healthy.

Dobber Sports Novice

Thanks for the advice and input. I realize my defense is week - I\'m working on trading for a high caliber defenceman - any suggestions on who to target? PIM is lacking, so I\'d like to pick up one or two D who pickup major PIM.

Also - any other general comments or opinions are welcome. Thanks.

Dobber Sports Novice

Bump

Dobber Sports Guru

head-to-head or roto, steamer?

i agree that byfuglien is trade bait. wait for him to really have a good few weeks and then look for a trading partner. no telling if or when he loses his D eligibility or his importance in the hawk lineup.

now... if you\'re playing h2h, i would be tempted to just ignore your weak D and just watch the waiver wire.

if roto, then you definitely need to address it somehow.

PIM dmen you can try and target: Bieksa, Pronger, Chara, Weber, Jack Johnson, Kubina, McCabe, Blake (in no order, and i no doubt missed some).

forwards you can move: tanguay, brunnstrom... these two guys have great name value but are either one-dimensional or unproven.

bouchard is another guy who is one-dimensional, but i find that he is often under-rated and i think he\'ll elevate his totals this year... so you might want to wait until he gets hot or until next summer to peddle him.

wolski has great name value but he should up his stock this year as well.

great contract you have Roy signed to!

Dobber Sports Ace

I might find myself in the minority, but I do not like your goalies. Leclaire is often injured, and I have no respect for Budaj. Goalies stas are 3/4 of the cats. I would try to improve them.
    2010-2011 Team Try Hard League Champion
    2009-2010 Dobber Pirate League Champion
    2009-2010 Dobber Elite League Champion

I'm the best! Dutch is the Worst.