Thread: fantasy hockey bible - plug for the new Guide

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Default fantasy hockey bible - plug for the new Guide

I just ordered the Dobber guide for the first time, and wanted to say wow, this is great.

For those (like me) who think just scanning the dobber site rankings pages and forums is good enough, ya its good, but I'm shocked how well put together the guides are. The cost is so worth it, an the spreadsheet with caphit is the icing. So looking forward to draft day. Not spending money on those magazines any more.

Thanks Dobber! Just get it.
    KFHL - 14 Team H2H keeper,NHLsalcap, protect 17/20, (4D, 3X(C,RW,LW), 2G, filler to 20, plus 2IR) ten waivers picks per season.
    Cats Skaters: G/A/Pts/BLK/HITS/SOG/PIM/GWG/SHP/PPP; Goalies W/SO/GAA/SvPct/SOG
    C: Crosby, Kadri, RNH, Roslovic
    LW: Hall, Lindblom, Kubalic, Bratt, Lemieux, Gurianov
    RW: Palmieri, Niederreiter dropping soon, Wheeler
    D: Chabot, Josi, Gustafsson, Krug, McNabb
    G: Rask, Bishop, Binnington

The Great One

Default Re: fantasy hockey bible - plug for the new Guide

As a contributor it's great to hear this unsolicited praise. The Guide is the foundation of this site, and just wait until you get all the updates over the next 8 weeks. You'll love it even more!
    DobberHockey Senior Writer (columnist since 2012)
    Click here to read my weekly "Roos Lets Loose" columns, going live every Wednesday morning and consisting of a rotating schedule of a "forum buzz" column, a fantasy hockey mailbag, a tournament/poll, and an edition of Goldipucks and the Three Skaters: https://dobberhockey.com/category/ho...key-rick-roos/

Dobber Sports Initiate

I wish a lowdown could be provided for all top 6 forwards top 4 dmen and goalie. For each team. You guys can do it right, no big deal?!?!

Been buying the guide and FHG draft kit for the past 6 years now. I have won my league 3 of those years. I take ownership of those wins, but the guide and FHG tool help significantly with my draft prep and live draft, especially being in auction league where the final $1 - $3 picks can make or break your team.
    Keeper Team: $300 Auction draft, 10 F, 5 D, 3 G, 5 Bench
    Keep For Following Year: 3 F, 2 D, 1 G

11 Team, Rotisserie G A PTS +/- PIMS PPG PPA SHP GWG W GAA SV% SO

F: Marner, Eichel, Hughes, Crosby, Kopitar, Rust, O'Reilly, Giroux, Horvat, Palat, Podkolzin, Jenner, Copp*, Colton*
    D:
    Toews, Byram, Letang, Theodore, Hamilton
    G:
    Campbell, Fleury, Knight, Quick
    IR: *Cirelli, *DeBrusk

Dobber Sports Genius

Quote Originally Posted by moses View Post
    who has two thumbs, buys the guide every year and is a winner?
    this guy!!
    - I said... "God damn this tablet is heavy!"

Dobber Sports Monster

It's a great mag. I wish there was more than one lowdown per team, but it's still very thorough.

12 team H2H Most Cats Wins; Keep 6/winner keeps 7; G A PPP +/- SHP SOG HIT BLK PIM // W SV GAA SV% SHO
    3 C, 3 LW, 3 RW, 6D, 2G, 5 bench

C - McDavid, Crosby, Tavares
    LW - DeBrincat
    RW - Meier, Miller
    D -
    G - Jarry

The Great One

Quote Originally Posted by pmorrow View Post
    It's a great mag. I wish there was more than one lowdown per team, but it's still very thorough.
    Splitting hairs I realize, but there was two for Buffalo.....

Seriously though, that's where the site comes in. If you search under a player chances are he got coverage within the last 6 months through one or more of the columns. Yes, it might not be information as fresh and up to the minute as the guide, but don't forget to use the site and its columns (plus the forums!) as companions pieces to the guide
    DobberHockey Senior Writer (columnist since 2012)
    Click here to read my weekly "Roos Lets Loose" columns, going live every Wednesday morning and consisting of a rotating schedule of a "forum buzz" column, a fantasy hockey mailbag, a tournament/poll, and an edition of Goldipucks and the Three Skaters: https://dobberhockey.com/category/ho...key-rick-roos/

Dobber Sports Titan

Quote Originally Posted by pmorrow View Post
    What Rizzee said.

Also, if you want someone featured in an article, let one of us know on twitter or something, and I'm sure we can work that player in sooner rather than later.
    Associate Editor for DobberHockey (Wednesdays). Click that Ramblings button on the the menu bar!
    (No I don't have a hockey problem...)

Dobber Sports Ninja

I just downloaded the Guide 10 minutes ago to help assess a trade offer. I turned down the trade offer 5 minutes later. I was trying to purge some salary and looking for prospects in return and put Kopitar, J.T. Miller and Yandle on the market, hoping for a decent return. I'll post the trade offer in it's own thread to see what the masses think. All that to say, the guide, combined with the Prospects Guide, are as close to fantasy hockey bibles as the OP states!

Well done Dobber and team!
    "For I am a sinner in the hands of an angry God. Bloody Mary, full of vodka, blessed are you among cocktails. Pray for me now and at the hour of my death, which I hope is soon. Amen." - Sterling Archer

"Don't spray that urine on my sons window. If you want a dollar for doing nothing, walk to Canada." - Malory Archer

“Anyone who thinks the pen is mightier than the sword has not been stabbed with both.” - Lemony Snicket