Thread: Buchnevich/Bjorkstrand

Dobber Sports Initiate

Default Buchnevich/Bjorkstrand

Who do you like more moving forward point only wise? Buchnevich or Bjorkstrand? Buchnevich already has great opportunity in New York. Bjorkstrand should see a significant increase in ice time if Columbus loses Panarin.

Let me know your thoughts

Dobber Sports Giant

Default Re: Buchnevich/Bjorkstrand

I own both of these guys in my multi-cat dynasty, and for now I’m kinda operating as if Buchnevich is the better short term asset given the likely opportunities he should get this year with solid linemates and deployment for NYR. That being said, Bjorkstrand’s underlying metrics - in particular his passing stats - are borderline Star-level for a player who only received secondary PP time as well as mediocre linemates. If Bjorkstrand gets the linemates and prime PP minutes ... look out.
    MounD - Double Threat FHL (18-19 champs)

10-Team Yahoo daily H2H Dynasty
    3C, 3LW, 3RW, 6D, 2G, 7Bn (IR)
    G, A, +/-, PPP, SHP, SOG, FW, HIT, BLK // W, Sv, GAA, Sv%, SHO

C: Bergeron, Barkov, Aho, Point, Kadri
    LW: Marchand, Landeskog, Hertl, Marchessault
    RW: Stamkos, Tarasenko, Laine, Palmieri
    D: Carlson, Letang, Dumba, Weber, Pietrangelo, Ristolainen, Byfuglien*
    G: Bobrovsky, Holtby, Lehner, Greiss-Varlamov

Farm: Turcotte, Cozens, Denisenko, Newhook // Sandin, Jokiharju, Dobson, K'Andre // Shesterkin

Dobber Sports Padawan

Ill take Buch with the new coach i think he hits a second gear with this change.

The Great One

Quote Originally Posted by FantasyKing View Post
    Ill take Buch with the new coach i think he hits a second gear with this change.
    Bingo. Buch already has a PP1 spot locked up based on his success there last year, and now that he's out from under Vigneault's "ice time for all" mentality he should shine big time. Bjorkstrand is perhaps on a level at or near what Buch is, but he won't get anything close to Buch's opportunity to shine, and in fantasy opportunity is king.
    DobberHockey Senior Writer (columnist since 2012)
    Click here to read my weekly "Roos Lets Loose" columns, going live every Wednesday morning and consisting of a rotating schedule of a "forum buzz" column, a fantasy hockey mailbag, a tournament/poll, and an edition of Goldipucks and the Three Skaters: https://dobberhockey.com/category/ho...key-rick-roos/

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

Hard to say, really. I prefer Buchnevich, but the situations are wildly different. Bjorkstrand had a very productive year - practically his rookie season as it was his first approaching 80 games. The 40 points he put up in that situation was quite admirable, and Torts was leaning on him heavily to improve his all around game. Ultimately, the coach came away very impressed and was saying with a bit of tenacity he could be similar to Panarin - they're both smaller offensive players. I really believe he won a lot of points with Torts in a season where expectations weren't really set yet. This year he should absolutely get a bump, even if it's just a minute or two. Columbus knows they have an efficient offensive player in Bjorkstrand who's just coming into his own.

Buchnevich is right there with him but I do worry about the lack of supporting cast. That could play in his favour though if he manages to secure top line minutes.

I think both could take a run at 50-55 points but Buchnevich maybe has the higher upside.

Dobber Sports Stud

Another vote for Buch. So many other offensive options in Columbus that Bjorkstrand doesn't get the same opportunities that Buch does.

GET WELL SOON, DOBBER.

Dobber Sports Ninja

I lean towards Bjorkstrand over Buchnevich. Just a hunch, nothing significant to back up that hunch though.
    "For I am a sinner in the hands of an angry God. Bloody Mary, full of vodka, blessed are you among cocktails. Pray for me now and at the hour of my death, which I hope is soon. Amen." - Sterling Archer

"Don't spray that urine on my sons window. If you want a dollar for doing nothing, walk to Canada." - Malory Archer

“Anyone who thinks the pen is mightier than the sword has not been stabbed with both.” - Lemony Snicket